• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
After reading that GQ piece I'm honestly afraid of Thugger getting shot or dying from lean. Seems like he's doomed. Gonna break my heart when I wake up to that headline. 😭

giphy.gif

That 616 shit. Cult Mountain >>>

Lee Scott's recently said Cult Mountain 2 is finished as well, what a time. Hopefully it's a bit longer mind.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
game-banks-crop-450x287.jpg

50's response:

What do you see when you look at this picture? I see confusion,I'm not sure if it's just me, I'm a Cancer shit don't get old with me. I never ask for trouble but I really don't have a problem with it I'm different. The question isn't how I feel about it, but how dose ( Lodi Mac ) feel about it? Some shit is just better off left alone. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO #SMSAUDIO

Miguel ft. Travi$ Scott - waves video.

Rockie Fresh - I Just Might freestyle.

EDIT:

@kanyewest 1m1 minute ago
Drake would come by and just help, no strings. Future also came by to write. We all got new shit together that's gonna drop soon.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
man for 2 ppl that work together so much they dont actually have a lot of shit released.
Which two? Only other instance I can think of Ye working with Future is with Pain.

I don't think Drake and Ye work together consistently, only when they are in the same place (Toronto after Yeezus Tour, Paris, LA recently). They're probably trying to nail that collaboration and make sure it lives up to the hype. At least that's what I think after he jumped on Blessings to create buzz because he said it would be the first time they're on a track together in a minute.

My guess is that Drake took the track with Weeknd and Ye, though who knows what permutation of that exists today.

Listened to the new Aesop Rock song. I think there's less wow in terms of the music, but the rapping aspect of it is as good as he's ever been. He's seemed to also tone down the roughness of his voice from Skelethon, which I thought sort of hampered that album a bit. Regardless, I know I'll most likely think his next album is excellent, since Aesop Rock is one of those rappers that never fails to engage me. Sometimes you just have those personal artists.

HiResDes

I'm so glad I found Billy Woods and Euclid they pretty much provide the dense wordplay aggressive rap style that I've always admired in Aesop without sounding like they're rapping with a mouth full of donuts.

Courage

I'm so glad I found Billy Woods and Euclid they pretty much provide the dense wordplay aggressive rap style that I've always admired in Aesop without sounding like they're rapping with a mouth full of donuts.

Yeah, I can't do Aesop Rock either. It's not only his delivery, but some of his 'hard hitting' commentary is absolutely on the nose and cringeworthy.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I can't really fuck with dork-rap like that on any level these days. I'm not saying this is always the case, but it always makes me think of the type of rap music that people who don't normally like rap music listen to.

Koozek

Nas just announced that Mass Appeal will release the new J Dilla vocal album called The Diary (aka The MCA album). It's got production from Dilla, Madlib, Pete Rock, Bink!, Hi-Tek, Nottz, Karriem Riggins and more.

Check out more here, including The Introduction: http://www.rappcats.com/j-dilla-the-diary/
Wait, so what's the unreleased Pay Jay album with Dilla rapping over other producers' beats (even one from Kanye - We Fed Up) that I've had for years?

Semi-EDIT: Ah, okay, seems like some of the ones I've had are on the new release, too, plus others, which I guess were remastered only now.

Alpende

Got Summertime '06 and Mr. Wonderful in the mail today. I listened to Summertime '06 when it came out but it didn't click at the time, now it does. Good stuff.

Gonna give Mr. Wonderful a listen tomorrow.

Fjordson

Wow, haven't heard the name Chino XL in years. Had a few friends who loved him in high school.

Never been been into him personally tbh (or Canibus).

I have to agree. Billy Woods is in heavy rotation right now and I thought I was done with this type of rap.

Aesop's garbeldygook does nothing for me nowadays. Though I have been tempted to put Labor Days on and see what happens. Bazooka Tooth was too much.

Nowadays even the babies got guns
Diaper snipers having clocktower fun

Chill I was being facetious, well kinda

Sorry, it's sometimes a personal peeve of mine at times though when you go into music forums, with a natural interest to converse with people about music you like, and you get a bunch of conversations that had nothing to do with the intention of such. Yeah, it's a public forum and it's not a big deal at the end of the day (STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE/STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE!), but honestly, I'm not really interested in convserations like this that go almost nowhere. I just want to find other guys to talk about music I like. Which is why I completely ignore anything I don't have an interest in in, I just don't have time to pointlessly talk about why we don't like and like music that other's like/dislik,e, like we will change each other's opinions.

It takes a lot for me to write a negative comment. Like...somebody who thinks Soulja Boy is good music. Soulja Boy is absolutely shit. Worst rapper of all time.

Turn My Swag On is better than Aesop Rock's entire discography.

Now you're trolling :p

Seriously though, does anybody actually still like Soulja Boy? He disappeared off the face of the Earth kind of. But wow, is Crank That awful. Snap is like the dumb child of Crunk and Trap; it has none of Crunk's energy or vitality and absolutely none of Trap's grittiness or griminess.

Courage and des going full troll

Yeah, I'm getting into it as well!

Ah well, sorry I'm getting a bit uptight, I just do take rap VERY seriously when the time comes, since rap can be both for fun or can be seen as a medium in which artists bleed out their souls onto the table for all of us to pick at (Hello Kanye West!). But I don't get or shun stuff like Kurtis Blow, or any sort of fun rap, considering Run DMC is killer and their music has absolutely no attempts at delivering social commentary. Sometimes, that's the best type of rap, rap that entertains and makes you feel good, and there's no need for social commentary or any attempts to be serious.

Anyway, commence getting low.

TO THE WINDOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO THE WALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ain't really trolling though that's the thing

Don't worry, I'm better at brushing off comments about music, anyway. Really, it's music and everybody's going to have a different opinion about it. I never understood why people get upset about disliking music one likes anyway; I mean, it's not even your fucking music. Kind of weird how heated art can make people.

Personally, I just can't stand genuine exclusion in any genre sub-circle, and it's sadly more prevalent than some people think. Despite our differences, we all love rap and want to share music so we can deeper our knowledge of the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom