• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Macklemore remains the awkwardest guy to ever make an entertaining record. Unruly Mess is good, not as good as The Heist, but it's a fun listen. I mean, he puts his cat on a track, then talks about how pills fuck up lives, then ends his album with a song that basically encapsulates every white dude's feelings about BLM. Okay, every CAC without a Trump bumper sticker, that is.

Call him corny, lame, whatever, but he's at least being real to himself. Not that it makes for a better record, but it helps make the inclusion of some topics seem earnest.

7/10 ish

Dereck

giphy.gif

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
i tried listening to Unruly Mess earlier today and couldn't even make it past the 4th track. shit was exhausting.

Ryan Lewis is a decent producer at least.

This yung lean is alright but man its pretty disappointing coming off of unknown memory. It's mostly chillwave stuff except hoover

Also this one feature on it sounds like bootleg Montana haha

Bacon

Anyone ever listened to t"trap rap" radio on pandora? There are some interesting choices...

Most of it is pretty good but I just had the documentary 2 come on and I know Drake has dabbled in trap but he comes on way too often lol.

SliChillax

Finally found a hip hop thread on gaf. Don't know maybe it slipped past me but I looked at the past few pages and didn't see any mentions of Jusice leagues album for all. Tracks like Empire are fire. Any suggestions of tracks similar to that? I'm slowly making a bangers playlist on Spotify to listen while driving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJn26SK2t6Y

Finally found a hip hop thread on gaf. Don't know maybe it slipped past me but I looked at the past few pages and didn't see any mentions of Jusice leagues album for all. Tracks like Empire are fire. Any suggestions of tracks similar to that? I'm slowly making a bangers playlist on Spotify to listen while driving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJn26SK2t6Y

I'm not super familiar with Rick Ross' work but peep his newest album, Black Market. I hear that Teflon Don is his best work tho.

WanderingWind

Koozek

I really was surprised how much I liked the Black Dollar tape, never listened to any Ross project front to back before that. Also it's way better than Black Market.

SliChillax

I really was surprised how much I liked the Black Dollar tape, never listened to any Ross project front to back before that. Also it's way better than Black Market.

What's weird is that it was available in Spotify but then it disappeared. Some of the Black Dollar songs then appeared on different albums but not all of them. One of them, Icons is on Jusice Leagues new album.

WanderingWind

It's a really good tape. Ross even plays around withh variations of his normal MO. I think that's why it was better than Market. That one was just the same ol' junk.

IrishNinja

kinda random, but i was on one & wanted to hear this track one of ya'l played a long time back in the DJ rooms...it sampled Patrice Rushen - Forget Me Nots, but it was a cool mix called Don't Forget it or something like that...had it saved on spofty but it's gone now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom