• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG Kush

"I need every bad bitch up in Equinox
I want to know right now if you a freak or not
Oh my lord, oh my looooord"

This Part on Kanye Wests's Highlights may be one of my favourite moments on the album.

Eos

kinda random, but i was on one & wanted to hear this track one of ya'l played a long time back in the DJ rooms...it sampled Patrice Rushen - Forget Me Nots, but it was a cool mix called Don't Forget it or something like that...had it saved on spofty but it's gone now

Tried to look for it but couldn't find it, maybe it's one of these? http://www.whosampled.com/Patrice-Rushen/Forget-Me-Nots/sampled/?cp=1
I also stumbled upon this song that also samples it and it's really dope. I don't think it's what you were looking for tho lol but you might like it.

https://vid.me/f6EU

Q dissing his own daughter lmao

also, Ferg would be proud
RBYCCIj.jpg

Ninja Dom

Been listening to Freddie Gibbs - Shadow of a Doubt album. Album is really, really nice. I know we applauded it when it released here on GAF-Hop but I don't think we really gave it as much praise as it deserved. I remember PD was a bit annoyed at how Freddie's rap style had too much "mumbling".

But if you never heard it then give it a listen, one of the best of 2015.

Out this week is the Raleigh Ritchie album, You're A Man Now, Boy. Not quite hip-hop but singing with a few raps on it. You'll know him better as Greyworm from Game of Thrones.

latest

Koozek

Been listening to Freddie Gibbs - Shadow of a Doubt album. Album is really, really nice. I know we applauded it when it released here on GAF-Hop but I don't think we really gave it as much praise as it deserved. I remember PD was a bit annoyed at how Freddie's rap style had too much "mumbling".

Out this week is the Raleigh Ritchie album, You're A Man Now, Boy. Not quite hip-hop but singing with a few raps on it. You'll know him better as Greyworm from Game of Thrones.

latest

Been repping it a lot here, was on my AOTY list. Beats are dope and Gibbs rides them so effortlessly. Only skipper is Extradite feat. Black Thought. I actually liked the "mumbling" if you could call it that. Made some of the hooks fun to rap along with with made-up gibberish, lol. Never understood what he was saying on the "Packages" hook ("wrap it and package it up").

HiResDes

Earthgang had the most criminally slept on album last year I thought. $ha Hef second, which was probably the most ruthless, malevolent no frills rap album since Fazoland in my opinion.

Koozek

Earthgang had the most criminally slept on album last year I thought. $ha Hef second, which was probably the most ruthless, malevolent no frills rap album since Fazoland in my opinion.

After you first mentioned the Earthgang album I listened to it, liked it, then forgot about it, but when you posted about it again I relistened and, man, it's really, really dope. Still bumping it every now and then.

After you first mentioned the Earthgang album I listened to it, liked it, then forgot about it, but when you posted about it again I relistened and, man, it's really, really dope. Still bumping it every now and then.

I am at this point right now, listened to it once but have not relistened to it.

Bacon

Sha hef is fucking dope. Been in rotation for me since you recommended it in one of your rap ups last year

Tokubetsu

latest

I loved that one song he had awhile back a lot, a lot

SliChillax

latest

It is my daily ritual to listen to Freddy Gibbs at least twice a day. Dude should be more famous.

Jay Z Sued Over Tidal Royalty Payments

Jay Z's businesses allegedly created Tidal's library "by dumping all of the music from independent artists into" the service without filing the proper notices, claimed John Emanuele of New York duo the American Dollar, along with Yesh Music, Emanuele's music publishing firm with bandmate Richard Cupolo. They added, "Independent artists are predominantly impacted by defendants' systematic infringement."
The suit seeks between $30,000 and $150,000 for each of 118 alleged infringements.

giphy-2.gif

Eos

I'm actually digging Tidal tbh, the free trial is gonna end soon but I'm not going to subscribe. I've never used other streaming services like Spotify, Apple Music, etc before so I can't really say how well it is compared to others, but everyone says Spotify (I think?) is the best one.

Ninja Dom

Did Tidal adjust the tracks on the Kanye album? I haven't been keeping up with TLOP. I heard that they were gonna patch the album after release. First I've heard of it.

Eos

Did Tidal adjust the tracks on the Kanye album? I haven't been keeping up with TLOP. I heard that they were gonna patch the album after release. First I've heard of it.

Album has been up on Tidal for 2-3 weeks and nothing concrete has really been said about releasing on other platforms. Last update was when Kanye tweeted "Ima fix wolves" one of the tracks on the album, so there might be other changes... depending on when it's actually released. He announced another album for this summer before TLOP is even out lmao.

I've been liking Tidal. Signed up this month and it's better than I expected plus it has Prince albums. I always try to spend money in or on black businesses during Black History Month. Found some nice soul food places a few years ago and now I go there monthly.

Fjordson

Looks like dvsn has signed to OVO sound. That's....actually a pretty damn good pickup based on early singles. Hopefully his career doesn't stall out like other OVO dudes though.

this bootleg ass drake has been polluting my precious radio lately, wonderin if anybody here has heard him yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9r7ezjl1us

Looks like dvsn has signed to OVO sound. That's....actually a pretty damn good pickup based on early singles. Hopefully his career doesn't stall out like other OVO dudes though.

you know the answer. 6god is great but he gets even better by sucking the life essence of his artists
dame2.png

breakfast club and bernie sanders? what?! i imagine charlemagne was on his best behavior right? that just sounds so weird breh. gonna skim through that one for sure.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
breakfast club and bernie sanders? what?! i imagine charlemagne was on his best behavior right? that just sounds so weird breh. gonna skim through that one for sure.
They actually did two lol One via phone and then like 2 days later they did one in person w/Killer Mike (tho he only said like 2 words).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom