• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
to think that a while ago the only hope for more kendrick in the near future was listening to some cole instant snoozles classics

we've been truly blessed

IrishNinja

damn, new kdot while i was working? EATIN

W9EtlNK.png

ktt thread digging up old metro tweets lol

legit wish i could retweet this

Ninja Dom

Hmmmmm.

Smoke DZA is a let down. Fraud's beats aren't capturing me.

And on first listen, Kendrick's untitled EP is pretty average too.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
The last two 2 Chainz tapes are actually pretty decent so I'm cautiously optimistic about Collegrove.

I thought his last two were pretty decent as well. I wish he would slow down though, titty 2 boys is better in smaller doses. His humor can only make up for his questionable lyrical ability for so long.

New Kendrick is like the last one. I get it, I know why people like it, but it's just not what I'm looking for.
Still better than kanye's ghostcreated fuckery.

AJLma

Huge fan of this Kendrick EP. This is his Lost Tapes for me.

How's that 2 Chains/Wayne? Loving the output of hip hop right now.

overcast

I'll write up some actual impressions of Untitled Unmastered.

But this is exactly what TDE needs to do in my opinion. No reason to keep these tracks away from the audience. Don't drown people with your music, but this is a project with next to no expectations. Just a good thing for the fans who support these guys. Interesting to hear more songs from the TPAB sessions (with the exception of track 7 I believe). This leaves Kendrick with breathing room to work on his solo and that J. Cole release (???).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, Ye got Kendrick shook. Ye cornering the unfinished, unmastered song market and Kendrick feeling the pressure to put out rough material
EwUlijW.png

beSFiXF.png

Exodust

Banned
I just began to appreciate TPAB more(still think it's weaker than Section.80 and GKMC) but I'm loving this EP. I definitely like it more than TPAB.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
untitled unmastered is cool. Can't have high standards for this type of thing, but it's a decent vibe throughout and definitely makes a great complementary package to TPAB.

untitled 3 was so much better live, damn. Almost sounds like a cover. Don't get the hype for untitled 7, the actual song bit sounds like a bad imitation of a Young Thug song.

Much like TPAB, don't see many of these songs being listenable outside of listening to the entire project through.

thabiz

Was wondering if anyone was going to listen to it. I think I liked his last project due to his extreme Danny brown-isms. Then again I'm Danny starved so I'll take anything.
This one is still pretty Danny on all fronts. The wiki track is flames. Production is what you would expect from a bruiser album. I liked it. Don't think it will get consistent play, but it scratches that Danny itch.

👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom