• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos

fuck a list they're all goat

i need this thugger and travis
HWaQd6Z.png
HWaQd6Z.png
HWaQd6Z.png

Koozek

Yeezus is a better album than TLOP, the only thing definitely worse is Graduation.

Yeah, now that I think about it, I'd change mine to this:
LR >= CD > MBDTF > 808s = Grad > Yeezus >= TLOP

I got good memories of my youth with Grad, though. Was it as badly received as now back when it came out? I don't remember.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's clearly between Yeezus, TLOP, Graduation and MAYBE LR at the bottom. What keeps TLOP close to Graduation is just a raw count of good songs, and what keeps Yeezus above both is better consistency and vision.

LR is just the wildcard of his discography. Debatably the most uninspired, debatably has the least vision, debatably has the least cohesion, debatably overstays its welcome, debatably lacks career highs and/or has the most okayish songs of his career, etc. And I mean debatably in earnest.

EDIT: I mean this in terms of trends of people's rankings, not necessarily my personal ones, although they conform to this.

Koozek

It's clearly between Yeezus, TLOP, Graduation and MAYBE LR at the bottom. What keeps TLOP close to Graduation is just a raw count of good songs, and what keeps Yeezus above both is better consistency and vision.

LR is just the wildcard of his discography. Debatably the most uninspired, debatably has the least vision, debatably has the least cohesion, debatably overstays its welcome, debatably lacks career highs and/or has the most okayish songs of his career, etc. And I mean debatably in earnest.

Tvdf3KE.gif

It might be nostalgia but it was my personally most important Ye album. So many wonderful memories of when I was 14, got my first MP3-capable phone and rode around with my homies playing LR.

Courage

LR is a classic, to say it has the least vision when he recruited an entire fucking orchestra for the album is disingenuous to say the least.

Cudder

What a time to be alive was pretty much my introduction to Future. that song above with Weeknd from his new album sounds so dope. I'm in the mood for some ignorant trap, where do I start with him?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LR is a classic, to say it has the least vision when he recruited an entire fucking orchestra for the album is disingenuous to say the least.
Late Orchestration is not Late Registration, even though Ye did a lot of orchestral work on LR w/Brion.

The flipside of that debate being it's (one of) the sonically closest projects to another release of his. Which is also true. Kind of sporadic in content too.

What a time to be alive was pretty much my introduction to Future. that song above with Weeknd from his new album sounds so dope. I'm in the mood for some ignorant trap, where do I start with him?
DS2.

Seriously. The progression on Gone is like the best thing Kanye's ever been a part of, and the prodution throughout the album + the evolution of his sampling style and the slight Chicago jazz/blues tone in the middle of the album.

Kanye hasn't come close to LR since IMO.

EDIT: And the Drive Slow --> Addiction sequence is the best run in Kanye's discography.

Koozek

Definitely DS2. Not having listened to Future before it took me several tries over a few months until DS2 clicked, but when it finally did, after WATTBA warmed me up to Future, whew. Been bumping it a lot again recently. And I'm liking EVOL more and more, too.

Seriously. The progression on Gone is like the best thing Kanye's ever been a part of, and the prodution throughout the album + the evolution of his sampling style and the slight Chicago jazz/blues tone in the middle of the album.

Kanye hasn't come close to LR since IMO.

EDIT: And the Drive Slow --> Addiction sequence is the best run in Kanye's discography.
This.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Scrap Addiction and I probably agree they have the best flow of anything in his discography. First half of Yeezus and from Runaway to the end of MBDTF are up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom