• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helmholtz

What the hell is going on with Thug on Top Off (off new kodak album)?
This shit sounds like something I'd expect to hear from him in 2013.

The reception to humble is crazy

Still no.1 trending on youtube. Up there with highest views in 24 hours for a male solo artist.

I guess Kendrick knew what he was doing.

People seem to forget that there are a lot of levels between meme rap and irrelevance. Kendrick is good. All this "NO QUOTABLES, ONLY OBAMA MESSES WITH TPAB" stuff in this thread leaves with with the [what?_face.jpg] every time. Like, we just gonna act like "Alright" didn't happen?

And tbh, if the only thing to come out of this is "I'm so fuckin sick and tired of the Photoshop" becoming a thing, the track did its job

LionPride

Banned
Act like Alright wasn't a song for a whole damn movement

Act like TPAB isn't his most critically received work by critics and people.

riotous

Banned
The reception to humble is crazy

Still no.1 trending on youtube. Up there with highest views in 24 hours for a male solo artist.

I guess Kendrick knew what he was doing.

He doesn't put out as much stuff as other artists in the same ballpark of his popularity.

He's smart; keeps the quality high and the people thirsty. Definitely think he's gonna blow up even bigger if his album is less instrumental and more modern trap beats.

Beats me. Despite being Half-Japanese, I have little knowledge, and interest of Japanese. I like video games that are Japanese, but even then I'm not into Japanese gaming as much as I am into Western video games.

do you know how many baka-gaijin would kill to have your japanese bloodline. weeaboos reading this post in rage.

new Kodak Black album is pretty decent. I liked his last project more but I can vibe with this. Good features and his voice and flow continues to remind me of the Cash Money stuff.

CoolOff

a8ERsFL.gif

I'm dying

Whelp looks like I'm checking this album out asap.

Pretty sure these are all allegations and he hasn't actually been convicted, right?

Well.....visiting some hiphop sites and looking in the comments you'd think it already has been proven in court that the guy committed all those crimes and more. Calling him a sick freak, that he should stay behind bars etc.

As far as i can tell it has never been proven. I read that he apparently at first said he was not guilty and afterwards pleaded no contest. These are serious legal issues though, goddamn.

This evening i decided to give Shadow of Doubt another shot, because last year i really didn't dig it much but that has changed now. I'm liking this a whole lot more now. Except for Mexico thanks to the terrible hook by Tory Lanez, it annoys the shit out of me, Packages is another track i could do without....wtf is that man? And then Cold ass nigga is left, can't roll with that beat.

riotous

Banned
As far as i can tell it has never been proven. I read that he apparently at first said he was not guilty and afterwards pleaded no contest. These are serious legal issues though, goddamn.

That was for his armed robbery charge, not the rape charges he's still facing.

She claims he bit her, and this was backed up by evidence:

Police report that Kodak also bit the victim on her neck and chest and that those injuries were confirmed by a sexual assault kit.

Obviously not proof; but shit still gives me pause at least and I'm not usually one to really care that much about an artist's crimes.

Oneirology's still in my graveyard shift rotation. Something of a personal classic if I'm being real. Production on that album sends me to space.

Cunninlynguists are okay rappers, but yeah Oneiorology is still in my rotation every once in a while too. Mostly for that production (also Gibbs and KRIT...remember KRIT?? lol).

Kno needs to put out Death is Silent 2. He was killing it with Death is Silent and Oneirology back to back.

Moonkid

Like the EP, solid beats from Kno as usual.
Oneirology's still in my graveyard shift rotation. Something of a personal classic if I'm being real. Production on that album sends me to space.
Hard as They Come, Get Ignorant, and Enemies with Benefits are my three faves off the album. S/O to Stars and Dreams ofc.

Cunninlynguists are okay rappers, but yeah Oneiorology is still in my rotation every once in a while too. Mostly for that production (also Gibbs and KRIT...remember KRIT?? lol).

Kno needs to put out Death is Silent 2. He was killing it with Death is Silent and Oneirology back to back.

Yeah Deacon and Natti aren't going to blow your mind much, but they're super solid lyricists that know what to do with Kno's beats to maintain a vibe. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts type of thing.

"Red Bird" on this new EP is what I'm talking about. Smooth as hell.

TheRadNadz

Neo Member

So good to hear some new Cunninlynguists finally!

Yeah Deacon and Natti aren't going to blow your mind much, but they're super solid lyricists that know what to do with Kno's beats to maintain a vibe. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts type of thing.

"Red Bird" on this new EP is what I'm talking about. Smooth as hell.

100% agree, the consistently solid lyrics matched perfectly with Kno's amazing style of production is what makes their projects incredible.
Red Bird is definitely the stand out on the first couple of listens.

That was for his armed robbery charge, not the rape charges he's still facing.

She claims he bit her, and this was backed up by evidence:

Obviously not proof; but shit still gives me pause at least and I'm not usually one to really care that much about an artist's crimes.

Ok damn, yeah that sounds bad.

This Gibbs is meh. Alexys only legit track.

Really? What about 20 karat Jesus and Crushed Glass?

Moonkid

Why the fuck has it taken me so long to get into xxx? I heard witit and was hooked instantly, working through the rest and it's dope so far.

Why the fuck has it taken me so long to get into xxx? I heard witit and was hooked instantly, working through the rest and it's dope so far.

It's a grower for sure. I thought it was good when I first heard it, but the more you listen to it the more you get out of it. Such a great album.

Atrocity Exhibition is great too, but not on the level of XXX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom