• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonkid

It's a grower for sure. I thought it was good when I first heard it, but the more you listen to it the more you get out of it. Such a great album.

Atrocity Exhibition is great too, but not on the level of XXX.
I think I heard the wrong songs when I was introduced to it, I Will isnt that great lol.

I havent finished xxx yet but Im already inclined to agree.

Dereck

My left stroke just went VIRAAAL
Right stroke put lil' baby in a spiral

2ZUETzX.gif

I didn't show up for a 5 and a half minute Gibbs track and the autotune wailing behind Gibbs killed anything good going on with glass.

Wait.

Who is this random?

Wtf, I am not noticing the autotune and usually i notice it right away because I'm not fond of that shit at all. For example in that Mexico track with Tory Lanez on his Shadow of a Doubt album, that is straight up terrible. All in all I hope he doesn't mess with autotune too much in the future. He really doesn't need to.

Helmholtz

This Kodak album... dam. This is nice. This kid continues to surprise me with his music despite him seeming like the world's biggest clown.
Conscience on repeat.

Also Heatstroke is a really fun song and Thug stays versatile as hell.

Koozek

"Follow Kodak Black In His Last Days Before Going Back To Jail In Our "Project Baby" Documentary!"

Still haven't listened to his new one. Maybe later today.

So that's why Koozek hasn't posted yet.
dead.png

First time listening to Soul Food by Goodie Mob(after hearing Cell Therapy in Moonlight). THis is pretty fantastic, Ceelo is especially great.
Classic.

I'll take Soul Food over any OutKast album but OutKast as a whole>
Okay, chill.

Kanye on that Mary J. Blige song was great.
Heard that track, Blige is painfully corny. I still cringe thinking about that video with her and Hillary.

Helmholtz

Still haven't listened to his new one. Maybe later today.

Heat man. There are multiple great ones on this thing.
I did not care for lil big pac fwiw.
Saddest thing is the potentially worst part of the album is Thugger's feature, I don't know what the hell happened there or who thought that sounded good. He's super off key seemingly on purpose and it just sounds like shit.

T Dollarz

What's your guys' top 3 of Q1 this year?

I think I'll go:
1. Future - HNDRXX
2. Sampha - Process
3. Drake - More Life

Gotta give this Kodak and the Gibbs more listens, and I gotta go back to Marci at some point. HMs to Culture and FUTURE

Edit: forgot about Ransom 2, I've really been enjoying that. Never listened to the first one either

Helmholtz

1. HNDRXX
2. Painting Pictures
3. Been Had Boyz

Painting Pictures is still too fresh but I'm pretty confident it's in my current top 3. HMs LUV 1.5/More Life/Future
Don't care for ransom outside of a couple tracks, same with frvr, culture was aite but I honestly don't really revisit it

Koozek

This year is kinda hard for me to form a list. I've still listened to stuff from last year mostly and didn't stuck with new stuff for too long even though there was so much stuff (maybe because there was so much). So far what I bumped the most is:

Future - HNDRXX

Smino - blkswn

Jonah Cruzz - Just To Get By

New GoldLink could be on there too. Still haven't had time to listen to it as much, though.

Lil Uzi Vert - Luv is Rage 1.5 (only a 4-tracks EP, but anyway - maybe LiR 2.0 will be good enough to get on the album list at the end)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom