• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

PUTTING LYRICS IN CAPS, DOESN'T MAKE THEM GOOD (YEAH!)

350x700px-LL-8bc5ff04_bootsie.gif

Y'ALL EATIN THEM TABLE SCRAPS, I'M STILL EATIN GOOD (UHHH!)

350x700px-LL-8bc5ff04_bootsie.gif

HiResDes

Process is a rap album now eh?...

1. Being You is Great
2. Blkswn
3. DROOL
4. The Never Story
5. Rosebuds Revenge
HM: FRVR

There are quite a few EPs that would be up there too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PnB Rock, Kodak Black & A Boogie - Horses also off of The Fate of the Furious soundtrack. I feel like PnB Rock is perpetually on the cusp of doing something great. He's great here though.

MyVerse (now goes by Natalia) destroys Nick Cannon on Wild'N' Out. She can spit, is one of the best female battle rappers, and is fine as hell.
I haven't listened to any of her music, sorry Blasian

I got that Erykah Badu pussy
You got that airing out a room pussy

Do you guys think this big emo rap trend owes a lot to Kid Cudi or what? I feel like he was messing with this style for a while. and these children worship people like Kanye and Cudi too.
I think it's a pretty clear trajectory after the arguments about this last year.

Joe Budden -> KiD CuDi -> Kanye (808s) -> Drake

In order of the progression of emo rap, and also in the order of increasing influence on it becoming a trend. I remember Buddens and Ebro mentioning the artist that started the trend in the late 80s/early 90s but I forget their name. I think there's a good argument for CuDi being the most important because he focused pretty hard on it, was Kanye's muse for 808s, and A KiD Named CuDi came out between Comeback Season and So Far Gone and we saw Drake's style make it's big switch between those two.

kendrick video not even that impressive when tony jaa came through with this heat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11GCTbmd4Fg
NEW GOD FLOW

If we're being honest, I'm still not comfortable with Drake saying nigga either.

Not from a racial perspective, but it's like hearing Urkel say "What's good, nigga?"
I think your concerns are encapsulated in this video.

Not mad at this, sounds like classic Luda but I can't see myself listening to this again.

Oh god have trap drums destroyed my ear? I just don't think it's that catchy.

overcast

Nothing really stuck out in the first quarter of this year for me. Future and Drake disappointed for the most part. Culture is pretty dope.

Lot of dope songs though.

I finally checked out Scarface's latest album and wow I can't believe I waited over a year to finally hear it. It's incredible! Would be my album of the year for 2015!

Koozek

Smh, grandpa DJ Drama keeping GAF-Hop from eatin'.

Code:
[IMG]http://ima.ulximg.com/public/userfiles/2017/04/Screen%20Shot%202017-04-01%20at%202.36.42%20PM.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://ima.ulximg.com/public/userfiles/2017/04/Screen%20Shot%202017-04-01%20at%202.38.12%20PM.png[/IMG]

That album is probably the worst starting point for Elucid I can think of

Is his solo material way different from Armand Hammer's Race Music, then?

I've listened to a bit of Save Yourself, but never really let it soak in. I should probably listen to that album and really get to know it first.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This goes hard as hell.

All these horses in my car, got me goin' fast
I just swung through dash, put my pedal to the gas
Going so fast, hope I don't crash
One false move, that could be my last

PdT9JzL.gif

F8 delivering in all kind of ways before its out whew

Time has been so fucked up with me lately I didn't realize that Quelle Chris album came out this year. Thought I listened to it last year either way very good and funny album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom