• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

yeah, he's the head of the label. but I'm sure kendrick has the power to oust him too. he's too loyal to this fool.

It's Top's company, he's not being ousted. He put the money up in the beginning and had them all sleeping on coaches in the beginning.

Damn shame what they're doing to SZA. Easily the most interesting artist on the label. I hope she signs with GOOD Music next.

Kwixotik

I just watched a butt naked man taze himself and put a lit lightbulb in his asshole with Daveed Diggs standing directly behind me. Clipping up next. That is all.

I just watched a butt naked man taze himself and put a lit lightbulb in his asshole with Daveed Diggs standing directly behind me. Clipping up next. That is all.
Damn, all we had for our show's opener was an over-excited middle aged man dancing along to songs he made years ago.

Tokubetsu

shoulda saw the way she look me in my eyeeeeeee

3brk2Ru.gif

But he's our savior.
Man, seeing people who hate trap/"mumble rap" rocking to this song is just horrible, Kendrick's flow is nowhere near up to par with the best of them (for this sort of music) and his lyrics aren't fun or clever, they're even more gibberish than they seemingly mock "mumble rap" for being.
Where's the coherency?

Moonkid

An entire song with him rapping with like this is too much for me imo. May like it more in the album but for now it's not on rotation.

On an unrelated note, Scrap or Die sounds like Danny Brown rapping over a song off Hotline Miami, shit is amazing.

HiResDes

An entire song with him rapping with like this is too much for me imo. May like it more in the album but for now it's not on rotation.

On an unrelated note, Scrap or Die sounds like Danny Brown rapping over a song off Hotline Miami, shit is amazing.
Scrap or Die is such a great satire of Jeezy.

Man, seeing people who hate trap/"mumble rap" rocking to this song is just horrible, Kendrick's flow is nowhere near up to par with the best of them (for this sort of music) and his lyrics aren't fun or clever, they're even more gibberish than they seemingly mock "mumble rap" for being.
Where's the coherency?

What about those of us who listen to trap and also fuck with Humble? 🤔🤔🤔

After Blank Face I am definitely ready for more Q. It is goddamn quick to release another album barely a year after it though. Hopefully he isn't rushing it. Touring in between and all.

Also looking forward to new Jay Rock as long as it's not that weird shit he pulled with his voice on tracks like Easy Bake and The Ways. That's not how I want to hear Rock.

thabiz

Quelle.
Koreatown.
Porter Ray.

Besides that it's been a pretty meh year as far as MC's are concerned. Most of the heat has been instrumental stuff. I'll save that for another thread tho since this is a beats free zone in here. Shout out to Dereck.

Dereck

Quelle.
Koreatown.
Porter Ray.

Besides that it's been a pretty meh year as far as MC's are concerned. Most of the heat has been instrumental stuff. I'll save that for another thread tho since this is a beats free zone in here. Shout out to Dereck.
There's a new Bugseed and Onra tape out, both are OK, I like Bugseed's more.

Since you prompted it, I'll just post instrumental projects from this year that were decent.

Onra - Chinoiseries Pt​.​3

a3378006129_16.jpg

Tuamie - Holy Ghost Spirituals

a3221950112_16.jpg

Jeremiah Jae - Smoke Ride Chill

a0445591301_16.jpg

Karriem Riggins - Headnod Suite (Madlib/J Dilla-like)

a0490008365_16.jpg

Baker's Dozen: Daedelus

a2236542410_16.jpg

bugseed - E.S.T.

a3017929732_16.jpg

Eric Lau - Examples

a3787030213_16.jpg

Damu The Fudgemunk - Vignettes

a0008948842_16.jpg

Paul White - Everything You've Forgotten (more Plunderphonics than Instrumentals)

a0945396280_16.jpg

Elusive - Cosmic Web

a0461813292_16.jpg

This is everything that I've ran through at least 1-2 times that I've rated 3 stars or more on RYM.

thabiz

Check out mutual intentions #2. Bsd.u dropped a good tape. Cohenbeats was pretty good with a couple of killer features. Killer bees new one is fire. Nolan the ninja dropped a god flip tape. Kiefer from mndsgn's live trio dropped a really cool hip hop lounge tape.

There's a new Bugseed and Onra tape out, both are OK, I like Bugseed's more.

Since you prompted it, I'll just post instrumental projects from this year that were decent.

Onra - Chinoiseries Pt​.​3

a3378006129_16.jpg

Tuamie - Holy Ghost Spirituals

a3221950112_16.jpg

Jeremiah Jae - Smoke Ride Chill

a0445591301_16.jpg

Karriem Riggins - Headnod Suite (Madlib/J Dilla-like)

a0490008365_16.jpg

Baker's Dozen: Daedelus

a2236542410_16.jpg

bugseed - E.S.T.

a3017929732_16.jpg

Eric Lau - Examples

a3787030213_16.jpg

Damu The Fudgemunk - Vignettes

a0008948842_16.jpg

Paul White - Everything You've Forgotten (more Plunderphonics than Instrumentals)

a0945396280_16.jpg

Elusive - Cosmic Web

a0461813292_16.jpg

This is everything that I've ran through at least 1-2 times that I've rated 3 stars or more on RYM.

To add to this, Chris Calor's(TDE) beat tape is nice as hell

https://soundcloud.com/papermooncollective/sets/erazw4kadout

HiResDes

Been listening to that Due Rent I posted more and it's definitely something that I feel is gonna keep growing on me. AIn't gonna lie the new Sandman is dope too.

Edit: Scienze gotta new album out too, but haven't finished listening

Tokubetsu

After Blank Face I am definitely ready for more Q. It is goddamn quick to release another album barely a year after it though. Hopefully he isn't rushing it. Touring in between and all.

Agree but if you follow his snap i think he's just in a good headspace now. Getting off the lean really helped his work ethic.
I haven't messed with Lupe for like.. 10 years, but the last two songs have been pretty good.

You're now in the sunken place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom