• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

Kekra didn't do much for me before. However, I am feeling this tune.
Lol, actually this is another one of those cases, like Future, where it only clicked with me much later. When Moody first rec'd Kekra because he saw that I loved Hamza I didn't like it either and I think it really was half a year later or so when he PM'd me something from Kekra again. Told him that I didn't like it the first time, but when he said he's surprised I didn't like I gave it another shot. Now I'm loving it and been bumping his shit a lot in the last months.

Kekra - Vréel
https://play.spotify.com/album/0M2byDqH8YRlenXE2dpp14

Kekra - Freebase Vol. 3
https://play.spotify.com/album/2EcTLthTWkVvRHdXwEpREQ

Kekra - Freebase Vol. 2
https://play.spotify.com/album/0teGYwUsonJzfEBgVpf50g

Kekra - Freebase Vol. 1
https://play.spotify.com/album/3O9DEciAzJjeRgiUuZ3iIv

Kekra - Vréel 2
https://play.spotify.com/album/1V4YPjN2xTJrqwy62G3aML

OG Kush

Kendrick the biggest he's ever been atm. Tbh I feel whatever he released, as long as it wasn't straight trash, would be a big hit.

Is there a possibility Kenny could pass Drake as the biggest dude in the game?

Never. Based on streams and sales data never ever. He's a strong second though it's looking like

I thought humble was pretty good but never would have thought that song would even crack top 10 in the charts. Pretty crazy. His album gonna be huge

PBY

Banned
I think Humble is fine, but I don't really need to listen to it again outside of the album listen... don't really need this on the radio either tbh.

LionPride

Banned
I know I heard Alright and King Kunta on the radio a lot, but not to the level of Humble rn or Heart Part 4, at least Heart is being played in XM stations a lot. Humble is played on XM and local stations...a lot.

Koozek

Is there a possibility Kenny could pass Drake as the biggest dude in the game?

He still doesn't have the crossover appeal that Drake has but the distance between them is getting shorter and shorter I feel.
Wat. Shorter and shorter? Drake is a beast number-wise. Kendrick isn't even close when it comes to mass appeal.

I know I heard Alright and King Kunta on the radio a lot, but not to the level of Humble rn or Heart Part 4, at least Heart is being played in XM stations a lot. Humble is played on XM and local stations...a lot.
Those were much better songs too.

I just don't think its that catchy to be honest. Not opposed, but also not what I want to hear when I'm out. I thought the heart pt IV was better tbh.

Yeah agreed for sure. I fucked with humble more for the video than anything else

Heart pt. 4 beatswitch Kendrick is the kind of tracks I want to hear on his album

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They tell me slow down, you're going too faaaaaaaaaaast
Young n***a, I just wanna do the daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

engine-55cc9db3a4001.gif

Easy hook of the year contender TBH

Koozek

whatever happened to that kanye countdown thing
His new album dropped and no one noticed.

EDIT: Actually, you know what would be cool? Imagine Ye did a secret release, just uploading the whole album to a random Youtube account until someone would notice. And probably no one would believe it's real and assume it's one of those fake uploads on YT.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Drake set to star in season 3 of the cancelled UK drama he bought the rights to, Top Boy.

Travi$ Scott ft. Kendrick Lamar - Goosebumps video... that you can only watch if you're an Apple Music subscriber.
Travi$ Scott interview with Zane Lowe, talking about the video (and how they shot 3 before it) and includes a preview of two tracks from an upcoming Travi$ Scott x Quavo album @3:40 (Rerun) and 5:30 (Lo-Fi).

Tyga ft. Lil Wayne - Act Ghetto and Tyga ft. Chief Keef & A.E. - 100s. Tyga gotta be extorting these producers man.

18efnafphzfp5gif.gif

Lambo>Ferrari
GOAT car, but you know you're wrong for that.

Koozek

Drake set to star in season 3 of the cancelled UK drama he bought the rights to, Top Boy.

Travi$ Scott ft. Kendrick Lamar - Goosebumps video... that you can only watch if you're an Apple Music subscriber.
Travi$ Scott interview with Zane Lowe, talking about the video (and how they shot 3 before it) and includes a preview of two tracks from an upcoming Travi$ Scott x Quavo album @3:40 (Rerun) and 5:30 (Lo-Fi).

Tyga ft. Lil Wayne - Act Ghetto and Tyga ft. Chief Keef & A.E. - 100s. Tyga gotta be extorting these producers man.

GOAT car, but you know you're wrong for that.
Hm, I was actually wondering when Drake would act again. Curious to see how he would fare nowadays and if I could take him serious.

Hm, I was actually wondering when Drake would act again. Curious to see how he would fare nowadays and if I could take him serious.
He said he wanted to go back into acting eventually, but if his acting in that short film is any indication, he can't act for shit, so just like your average teen actor.

There's a bunch of them you can skip but def listen to Things Fall Apart, Phrenology and Game Theory. How I Got Over might be their easiest listen though.
I started Things Fall Apart at work tonight, haven't finished it but when I first started it I was reminded of Like Water For Chocolate.

I started Things Fall Apart at work tonight, haven't finished it but when I first started it I was reminded of Like Water For Chocolate.

Yeah, both were produced during that Soulquarians phase. If you enjoy both of those, listen to D'Angelo's Voodoo and Slum Village's Fantastic Vol 2 at least.

OG Kush

Lol, actually this is another one of those cases, like Future, where it only clicked with me much later. When Moody first rec'd Kekra because he saw that I loved Hamza I didn't like it either and I think it really was half a year later or so when he PM'd me something from Kekra again. Told him that I didn't like it the first time, but when he said he's surprised I didn't like I gave it another shot. Now I'm loving it and been bumping his shit a lot in the last months.

Kekra - Vréel 2
https://play.spotify.com/album/1V4YPjN2xTJrqwy62G3aML

Listening to this at work ATM. Not bad, not bad..

So is Kendrick really dropping an album this Friday then?

It sure seems like it based on Q's and TDE's tweets. But talk about releasing that shit out of the blue. I dig it.

OG Kush

HiResDes - May not be into the music you post as much, but I love these roundup posts and do always find a song or two i vibe with....Just wanted to say that. Props. Same goes out to others who do similar posts!

I'm fully vibesing to Kekra at work now. Good thing about non-english music is that I can still work with it when i'm doing menial tasks as I don't understand the language, meaning my mind doesn't get distracted interpreting the lyrics.

Koozek

I'm fully vibesing to Kekra at work now. Good thing about non-english music is that I can still work with it when i'm doing menial tasks as I don't understand the language, meaning my mind doesn't get distracted interpreting the lyrics.
Haha, yeah. Funnily, I do the same with Thugga & Co. to a certain extent even though English is pretty much natural to me at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom