• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPN0YSRWGZA

Ai2PUXP.gif

overcast

What about those of us who listen to trap and also fuck with Humble? 🤔🤔🤔
Thank you Glass Rebel.
After Blank Face I am definitely ready for more Q. It is goddamn quick to release another album barely a year after it though. Hopefully he isn't rushing it. Touring in between and all.

Also looking forward to new Jay Rock as long as it's not that weird shit he pulled with his voice on tracks like Easy Bake and The Ways. That's not how I want to hear Rock.
I think Q is just grinding. Dude is always with his daughter, working out or in the studio. Judging by his writing and features the past two years he's on to something.

I think Rock will have a project better than 90059 but that's not saying a lot.

Agree but if you follow his snap i think he's just in a good headspace now. Getting off the lean really helped his work ethic.

You're now in the sunken place.

That's good then. Really good!

Thank you Glass Rebel.

I think Q is just grinding. Dude is always with his daughter, working out or in the studio. Judging by his writing and features the past two years he's on to something.

I think Rock will have a project better than 90059 but that's not saying a lot.

90059 did have some really nice tracks though. It was mostly Easy Bake and The Ways that I just couldn't appreciate at all. Jay Rock is a dope ass rapper but he needs great beats to really shine. Follow me Home is a good example of that, some really good tracks but definitely not all. His mixtape From Hood Tales to the cover of XXL was dope as hell though. But that's a while ago.

Koozek

Eh, the hate on Joe Rock is overblown here. He's not bad, come on. It wasn't amazing, but I liked quite a few songs of 90059. As most TDE artists he gets nice, smooth production. Actually I think it's fun how he played around with his voice too.

Koozek

Okay, this new Kodak is pretty cool. But that probably is Thugga's worst feature yet, haha. Seriously sounds like IceJJFish at parts with those adlibs 😂😂😂 EDIT: Okay, somehow I'm liking it, lol. Maybe not his worst, but his weirdest.

codhand

There's a new Bugseed and Onra tape out, both are OK, I like Bugseed's more.

Since you prompted it, I'll just post instrumental projects from this year that were decent.

Onra - Chinoiseries Pt​.​3

a3378006129_16.jpg

Tuamie - Holy Ghost Spirituals

a3221950112_16.jpg

Jeremiah Jae - Smoke Ride Chill

a0445591301_16.jpg

Karriem Riggins - Headnod Suite (Madlib/J Dilla-like)

a0490008365_16.jpg

Baker's Dozen: Daedelus

a2236542410_16.jpg

bugseed - E.S.T.

a3017929732_16.jpg

Eric Lau - Examples

a3787030213_16.jpg

Damu The Fudgemunk - Vignettes

a0008948842_16.jpg

Paul White - Everything You've Forgotten (more Plunderphonics than Instrumentals)

a0945396280_16.jpg

Elusive - Cosmic Web

a0461813292_16.jpg

This is everything that I've ran through at least 1-2 times that I've rated 3 stars or more on RYM.

here for this

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
All big bankrooooolls, I got no hoooooeees
I just left my giiiirlfriend, I'm in love with the Ghoooost now
She's full of emooootions, and now she's my oooold bitch
'Cause my 'Rari knooows how to ride when it gooooes down
And my watch on froooooze, watch it glow when the liiiiights out
If it's hot or cooold, we gon' still bring the biiiikes out
I just bought a Rooooolls-Royce and I hop in a Laaaamb' now
When I push the button, they like, "What the fuck is thaaaaaat sound?"

A6ZOM284HM4WQ.gif

Do you guys think Drake is gonna do something about XXX goin at his mom? Will he get that response?
He doesn't even deserve a subliminal.

Dude will probably get himself locked up again and get forgotten about. If he's lucky, he'll get Mo G'd.

CoolOff

So supposedly Kendricks tracklist just leaked:

Levels
U Must Love Me (feat. Rihanna)
M.P.T.Y. (More Power To Ya) (feat. Vince Staples)
Covered In Blood
For What It's Worth (Interlude)
fading...
DNA
Pick Your Poison (feat. ScHoolBoy Q)
Her Shoes
Ain't It A Blessing (feat. Kanye West)
HUMBLE.
Life As We Know It
Feelin' (feat. Anderson .Paak & Zacari)
Open Eyes

Album-title is
Don't Wait Till Judgement

I mean, it's probably bullshit, but the Zacari feature has me thinking there's a slight chance...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This Smino sounds a great Goldlink album mixed with some Jeremih and Chance stylings.

Dunno if there are really any standouts for me besides the intro track thus far but great vibes front to back. Soothing and groovy all in one. Super enjoyable first listen.

Koozek

Cool Kids!? Is it 2008?

Process is a rap album now eh?...

1. Being You is Great
2. Blkswn
3. DROOL
4. The Never Story
5. Rosebuds Revenge
HM: FRVR

There are quite a few EPs that would be up there too.
DROOL is pretty cool! Gotta check out The Never Story.

Koozek

@Nibel & Moody:

Okay, I take that back about Vréel 2. It's dope 🕺🕺🕺 The problem was really just the quality of the first rip I had. I knew something was wrong when I heard it. The low-ends in the mix were super thin and took away a lot of the usual energy.

Nibel

@Nibel & Moody:

Okay, I take that back about Vréel 2. It's dope 🕺🕺🕺 The problem was really just the quality of the first rip I had. I knew something was wrong when I heard it. The low-ends in the mix were super thin and took away a lot of the usual energy.

howbxvbvwj0v.gif

Not sure if it was posted yet but here the video for 9 Milli

OG Kush

There's a new Bugseed and Onra tape out, both are OK, I like Bugseed's more.

Since you prompted it, I'll just post instrumental projects from this year that were decent.

This is everything that I've ran through at least 1-2 times that I've rated 3 stars or more on RYM.

Great post! Love a good wholesome post like these. Forgot about Onra, his Chinoseries 1 was my shit a few years back.

howbxvbvwj0v.gif

Not sure if it was posted yet but here the video for 9 Milli

Kekra didn't do much for me before. However, I am feeling this tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom