• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

CzK6yMAXEAAR812.jpg

CzK6yMDWQAMWhgi.jpg

Screenshot from Pete Rock's video in the studio with Kanye & @robert_76092's list of possible names? ��

https://twitter.com/TeamKanyeDaily/status/806912659136323584

Hmmm interesting.
Samples Ye wants to use?

Thoughts on these? Regardless, I want Ye to get well and create this album in his own time because I am intrigued.

Dereck

I'm interested in whatever project he's working on with MCPB/Jorge/Chopz. I could do with another Geedorah album.

I might have to pick up that vinyl re-release of TMTYL if they do the fancy stuff they did with the cd release (pop up characters, tanks, etc).

2016 and DOOM is still doing remixes of old material, with zero interest or focus on releasing new music. And people will still buy whatever re-releases he throws out.

What a villain.
He's re-released Doomsday 5 times including that lunchbox release.

What a lazy fuck.

Not mad though since he warned us about this 10 years ago.

illadelph

I know it's a meme to hate on J. Cole or some shit, but 2014 Forest Hills Drive is easily one of my favorite albums of the last few years.

Count me in as hyped

Kwixotik

Few can do it, even fewer can sell it
Take it from the dude who wears mask like a 'tarded helmet
He plots shows like robberies
In and out, one, two, three, nobody's pleased

Shoutouts to 2010.

What do it mean to be the boss
It mean second place is the first one who lost
The crucifixion, the being nailed to the cross
Truth or fiction, it’s a hell of a cost, do the dishes
I’m about to hit that Jeff Gordon
Michael Jordan, the only one more important
But I be feeling like Jordan when I’m recording
‘Cause every time I record, I dunk and slap the boards

This was one of the first rap songs I ever heard, or at least one of the earliest memories I can associate with hip-hop.

Im halfway through the new JCole. First listen. Musically, this is very good. People who dont even fuck with rap music (like Drake fans) will rock with this. This is Black middle class music done very well.
But I miss the era of hiphop when aggressive street corner rap wasnt looked down on. I want some bite to my rap.

This new J Cole feels significantly less diverse than FHD, and it really hurts the album. It's not bad, but it's pretty boring on first listen. I suppose he's progressed, but I really don't care for the progression.

The composition is really solid though, yeah. I do appreciate that. I just really wasn't expecting this.

HiResDes

Im halfway through the new JCole. First listen. Musically, this is very good. People who dont even fuck with rap music (like Drake fans) will rock with this. This is Black middle class music done very well.
But I miss the era of hiphop when aggressive street corner rap wasnt looked down on. I want some bite to my rap.
There's plenty of bite out there just not in Cole.

This new J Cole feels significantly less diverse than FHD, and it really hurts the album. It's not bad, but it's pretty boring on first listen. I suppose he's progressed, but I really don't care for the progression.

Like I said, people who dont even fuck with rap will gravitate towards it cause its well composed musically and the lyrics are on point. Minimal profanity & clarity in his bars in terms of meaning and enunciation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom