• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Where were all these 'I can't fuck w/ a shitty dude like this' posts when y'all were stanning for everything off of Painting Pictures a few pages back?

Prima Donna had some cool tracks. Vince has never really dropped a bad project. They've ranged from "this is ok, wow he has lots of potential" to "this is the AOTY (Summertime 06)."

I wonder if he worked heavily with DJ Dahi this time, given that Dahi was basically living in the studio with Kendrick recording DAMN.

Dereck

If it's more Prima Donna than Summertime 06, keep
m8tDXZ5.gif

LionPride

Banned
1. That XXX song with Diplo is fucking garbage

2. I'm sick of having to deal with people saying "He didn't beat his GF, that bitch was lying"

3. Fuck Kodak Black, no talent ass motherfucker.

Prima Donna had some cool tracks. Vince has never really dropped a bad project. They've ranged from "this is ok, wow he has lots of potential" to "this is the AOTY (Summertime 06)."

I wonder if he worked heavily with DJ Dahi this time, given that Dahi was basically living in the studio with Kendrick recording DAMN.

Agreed. Prima Donna was a big step down from summertime but it wasn't bad either. Worth listening to Forreal

Also man Logic is getting clowned regularly for his album now 💀

I wonder when he responds

HiResDes

Vince has definitely dropped mediocre projects. I don't think people know how long he's been releasing mixtapes. Winter in Prague was pretty garbage, Shyne Coldchain pretty middling. Prima Donna is okay.

Dereck

I don't care for Winter in Prague, and Shyne Coldchain Vol. 1 is some decent half-baked Odd Future era shit of him rapping with a USB mic over gritty beats

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Only started enjoying Vince since Hell Can Wait, but I can't deny I've loved everything since then. Both summertime and prima donna are some of my favorite projects in the last several years. The fact he is only 23 means I hope we see lots of great work from him for a long time.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this dude, as the album is like a month old, but I saw people hyping some other french rapper a while back who was absolute garbage tier, so I thought I'd stan for a french rapper who actually has talent and makes great shit.

Damso - Ipseite

5114d9f134670e5e3661c2fb71082fb6.400x400x1.jpg

A Nwaar is the new black
NJ Respect R

Koozek

I don't know if anyone mentioned this dude, as the album is like a month old, but I saw people hyping some other french rapper a while back who was absolute garbage tier, so I thought I'd stan for a french rapper who actually has talent and makes great shit.

Damso - Ipseite

5114d9f134670e5e3661c2fb71082fb6.400x400x1.jpg
I hope you're not shitting on either Hamza or Kekra, right now
ufdup.png

But yeah, MoodyFog recced that Damso album a while ago. Had some really nice tracks.

https://open.spotify.com/album/7ovdjtmV0Bkm4Xb4pqtrZt

siddx

Hamza is alright, a little soft and squishy but I can enjoy it.
It was Kekra though, overautotuned garbage. Burn that shit in a dumpster with kodak black's entire existence.

Koozek

Hamza is alright, a little soft and squishy but I can enjoy it.
It was Kekra though, overautotuned garbage. Burn that shit in a dumpster with kodak black's entire existence.
Funny thing is, I didn't like Kekra at first either. Then Moody posted it again few months later, I gave it another chance, and then I fucking loved it. Has been on heavy rotation since. Also, it's not more autotuned than most rappers nowadays.

Nibel

Definitely check the first Vreel album from Kekra
(since the second one has a way different sound)
before shitting on him

Check Deo Favente from SCH as well, one of the best this year together with Ipseite

siddx

Funny thing is, I didn't like Kekra at first either. Then Moody posted it again few months later, I gave it another chance, and then I fucking loved it. Has been on heavy rotation since. Also, it's not more autotuned than most rappers nowadays.

That's why my grumpy yelling at clouds ass has been hiding away from a lot of rap for a while now. I can stand some future and a little bit of autotune here and there in other artists but most of it makes my dick retract into my soul.

Koozek

Drake Makes a Hilarious Cameo in ‘T-Dot Goon Scrap DVD 2’

That's why my grumpy yelling at clouds ass has been hiding away from a lot of rap for a while now. I can stand some future and a little bit of autotune here and there in other artists but most of it makes my dick retract into my soul.
Lol. You know, recently I was trying to remember when the exact moment was where I suddenly started liking autotune on anyone not T-Pain to the point where I nowadays actually want it to be used. I remember fucking hating the way Ye used it from the Yeezus-era onwards so much. Imo, Blood on the Leaves was ruined by his autotune, especially in the latter parts. I guess I warmed up to it through Thugga and Future 2-3 years ago. These days rappers know how to use it heavily in a good way, see Travis & Co., or subtle enough that it only adds an interesting texture. I honestly couldn't tell you without checking if e.g. Lil Uzi uses it on the recent songs that I know because it often isn't as in-your-face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom