• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayDat

It's sad this talented rapper didn't have the chance to shine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuAetZIG0mg

Besides that , is it me or this thread is slow compared to the old Hip-Hop threads.

Woah wtf? I've never heard of The Last Emperor before. I should hate a song like this, but I actually think its cool. It's like a more explicit version of Lupe's Switch (Science Project). The comic book references give it a Wu vibe as well. I ran a quick search and it looks like Spotify is one of the few places that have his music.

You're right about the thread moving slower. People have been trickling out.

HiResDes

The OGs of the this thread have either moved on or post ninety percent less. These are the guys that could start a massive heated discussion that could span tens of pages with subsequent follow up potential. Mods got rid of the posters that posed as controversial figures who in turn also helped spark a lot of discussion and interest. This thread is a hollow callous shell of its former self.

AJLma

This Ab Soul. Beats are nice, he's flowin, but his message is pure fuckery mindgames. I feel bad for all the middle schoolers out there thinking they're getting their first dose of "conscious rap" listening to this.

T Dollarz

The OGs of the this thread have either moved on or post ninety percent less. These are the guys that could start a massive heated discussion that could span tens of pages with subsequent follow up potential. Mods got rid of the posters that posed as controversial figures who in turn also helped spark a lot of discussion and interest. This thread is a hollow callous shell of its former self.

Yeah, 3-5 years ago GAF-Hop would move consistently a few pages a day. And during an album drop like GKMC especially things would get out of control. Those were the best of times

Bronx-Man

Banned
Eh, I get Cole is doing Kendrick's whole "real rap in the 21st century" shtick, but comparing the two honestly feels like an insult to Kendrick.

Drake delayed More Life to 2017, by the way.

Looks like it needed more time in the kitchen as Drake couldn't decide which up&coming sub-genre to "channel."
Oh yikes, there goes another Christmas Majid Jordan are gonna have to spend in the tents.

I miss when the thread used to be crazy active. Now, a lot of the people that caused me to join this have moved on, sadly. Shame, really, as the only "quality" hip-hop discussion I see nowadays is on hiphopheads or here. KTT is obnoxious to read through, and /mu/ is just a hellhole.

This Ab Soul. Beats are nice, he's flowin, but his message is pure fuckery mindgames. I feel bad for all the middle schoolers out there thinking they're getting their first dose of "conscious rap" listening to this.
Pretty much where I'm at with the album. Its something I would have loved in my younger, conspiracy edgy days. Shame too I like everything outside some of the messages on the album.

Dereck

^

PlayDat

With PhoenixDark gone who's left to pontificate on the quality of Kendrick Lamar's stroke game? Now that I think of it, he's probably lacking in that regard.

Her body got that ass that a ruler couldn't measure
and it make me cum fast, but I never get embarrassed

KRrhc7T.png

I climax where you begin and then I end on cloud 9
KRrhc7T.png

He has a clear predilection for cunnilingus though, which sort of makes up for it.

I still remember the post that got him perma'd.

It was hilarious, probably one of this thread's funniest moments, but the mods took it down almost instantly.

RIP you magnificent bastard.

DESTINY. altered
The Patriarch
The Patriarch II
Mind of A Gemini
Cliff of Death
Cliff of Death II
Kill or Be Killed (w/ Shady Blaze)

All worth listening to, bold are the best IMO. He isn't the most versatile artist, but yeah his delivery is amazing, and the beat selection jumps back and forth from menacing to hypnotic.

Cool, seems like I got more than a few albums to choose from. Once I heard the guy's delivery and flow, I knew I had to listen to his stuff. I'm going through his stuff over the next few days.

I still remember the post that got him perma'd.

It was hilarious, probably one of this thread's funniest moments, but the mods took it down almost instantly.

RIP you magnificent bastard.

Help me out. Wasn't he banned for using a certain mod's face as smiley or am I going completely crazy?

Kwixotik

Noticed there were two Cliff of Death albums. Are you talking about the first one or the second one?
The first one. The second one isnt bad either, but the first one was made in a really down period of Deniro Farrar's life and you can tell. I think that was when his brother had just gone to prison on a murder charge. It's genuine, depressive, raw, over some really dreamy beats. It really resonated with me when it me when it came out because I was going through similarly traumatizing shit with my brother at the time.

I think shortly after the patriarch came out, he kinda got his life together for the better. Which is a good thing, but when he went back for a second collaboration with BSBD on Cliff of Death 2 the result was solid music but it's still an apparent attempt to recreate an artistic moment that wasn't there anymore. It does have a couple excellent songs though.

This thread certainly isn't as controversial and intimidating and super active as it used to be- we're basically in our Drake phase- but we still got each other.

Family. La familia.

And I'd jump off the roof of my car across a freeway to save all.... most... some of you. The Fate of Gaf Hop.

I'll choose to blame these feelings on the time of the year. All our dark souls struggling to cope with Christmas, lashing out at our friends.

At our family.
At our la familia.

PBY

Banned
This thread certainly isn't as controversial and intimidating and super active as it used to be- we're basically in our Drake phase- but we still got each other.

Family. La familia.

And I'd jump off the roof of my car across a freeway to save all.... most... some of you. The Fate of Gaf Hop.

I'll choose to blame these feeling on the time of the year. All our dark souls struggling to cope with Christmas, lashing out at our friends.

At our family.
At our la familia.
Daps

nobody make the next OT

Andrew's already stressing about the next banner he won't make with this fascinating new MS Paint program.

Gafhop will never die. In the rubble of New Internet 2068, after the Trump Wars, I'll still be posting through a backdoor dark web port opening

"This new currensy mixtape is dope.
This new drake album is sawft.
This new j Cole is the perfect audio tranquilizer dart. Use it wisely
Get this message out to the people.
We will survive."

:end transmission:

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This plus.. NGL it's had an impact on me posting here too, less fuckery to come back to or work off of or else I'd probably check the thread more often, but I'm also working a lot more now too and that factors in as well.

But I'm with Net_Wrecker, even though I usually disagree with him on everything,
It's about family.
La Familia.
We ride out together.

This first track on The Patriarch....oh man.

I think I just stumbled upon a rapper that I can call one of my favorite current rappers. Deniro Farrar, don't let me down with the rest of the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom