• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos

Can someone fill me in why so many people dislike J. Cole? I barely bother with his music and don't really follow him, but seems to be cultivating a sizable Hatedom.

I'M STILL WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude's so average. doesn't stand out in any particular way.
also
j-cole-following-jcolenc-studio-was-great-always-fall-asleep-2878023.png

Bronx-Man

Banned
J Cole is like if some record exec put Drake in a lab and told one of the scientists, "Make me this, but somehow even more mediocre."

hmmmmm. I guess I'll see

Yeah, this isn't a knock against Masta Ace, but he for me falls under some of the rappers that are forced to use much lesser well known producers. Sometimes this doesn't matter, but a lot of times it really shows when their albums aren't as memorable as they can be.

J Cole is like if some record exec put Drake in a lab and told one of the scientists, "Make me this, but somehow even more mediocre."

Fans of Drake tend to be fans of the other, so this makes sense.

what are these clown posts on about. who in the fuck compares drake to j cole. j cole is more like diet kendrick. i would tell y'all to go listen to some j cole albums and get some perspective on this but that would be cruel.

what are everyone's favorite songs to listen to while drunk?

I'm asking because I'm drunk
I like listening to sad boy stuff because I feel depressed and melancholy when I drink.

Particular favorite is that "Broken Whiskey Glass" song by Post Malone. Worked like a charm last night.

PlayDat

handy comparison of file formats

Great post! It's something that I always meant to look up myself but never got around to. I've usually go for 320 kbps whenever it's available.
128kpbs AAC is near studio quality audio whereas 128 mp3 is rubbish, therefore there's no comparison.

I used to shudder whenever I discovered the mixtape I just downloaded was only at 128 kbps, until I started getting a few from Sound Cloud. It's frustrating when people post full projects with no link to a commercial or free download. Thankfully, some third party sites let you rip the songs straight from SC. They always come out at 128 kbps mp3s, but the quality is surprisingly good. Compare Post Malone's August 26th from Sound Cloud to the 320 kbps version. The higher bitrate sounds only slightly better (to my ears anyway), whereas 128s from Datpiff or Live Mixtapes usually sound awful. I wonder how Sound Cloud is mitigating the compression effects.

illadelph

I remember lurking on GAF-Hop when everyone was having a circlejerk over The Warm Up and Friday Night Lights

shit is weird sometimes

Drake delayed More Life to 2017, by the way.

Looks like it needed more time in the kitchen as Drake couldn't decide which up&coming sub-genre to "channel."

Damn.

Never heard of Deniro Farrar before.....But this EP is good. I need to check out more of this guy now. His delivery is downright dangerous sounding.

DESTINY. altered
The Patriarch
The Patriarch II
Mind of A Gemini
Cliff of Death
Cliff of Death II
Kill or Be Killed (w/ Shady Blaze)

All worth listening to, bold are the best IMO. He isn't the most versatile artist, but yeah his delivery is amazing, and the beat selection jumps back and forth from menacing to hypnotic.

haven't listened to the dude since that Rebirth EP.

Destiny Altered his GOAT project tho. Patriarch, Kill or Be Killed and Cliff of Death damn good too. hopefully this new EP has that dark production too.

him and Gibbs probably have the best rap voices right now, although gibbs switches up his style of music much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom