• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
g9n0CyW.png
Considering he just forgot to release his album, yeah something's up with Def. what is with lyrical rappers turning into complete bums regarding their later music? lupe, Mos, DOOM, I'm sure there's likely more.

Cheddahz

Banned
from what i've heard from my SOURCES, this new yung lean is better than his album that came out earlier this year, so i'm stoked to listen to it now

kai3345

Banned
from what i've heard from my SOURCES, this new yung lean is better than his album that came out earlier this year, so i'm stoked to listen to it now

I liked both. His album had a different, more aggressive sound than I was used to from Lean, which was a welcome change. Plus Sippin' might be my one of my favorite Lean tracks of all time

So what do yall think about hip hop in 2017? Any predictions?
I expect a surge in political rap. Conscious rap is going to make a comeback under President T...President Tr-....I can't say it guys, I can't even type it.

Really looking forward to Pusha's new album, that Avalanches outtakes album, and Jai Paul.

IrishNinja

Still a better title than what we have now.

well yeah, wouldn't take much

i mean, of course he is

I expect a surge in political rap. Conscious rap is going to make a comeback under President T...President Tr-....I can't say it guys, I can't even type it.

Dead Prez, Immortal, Kweli and dudes getting that bailout

not expecting TDE to release a kendrick LP until 2018 tbh

fixed

I don't think Kendrick is gonna make us wait another 3 years for a new album. TPAB was an early 2015 release so I think his new album will still make 2017.

I don't think Kendrick is gonna make us wait another 3 years for a new album. TPAB was an early 2015 release so I think his new album will still make 2017.

Quality takes time breh, also I think its better so it can feel more like an event. Too many things coming out too fast and frequent these days.

T Dollarz

Yeah, I could go with another year before another Kendrick album. Let tpab resonate longer and build more hype for a release.

Next year I really want... Can we finally get that Ka/Marci collaboration?

Quality takes time breh, also I think its better so it can feel more like an event. Too many things coming out too fast and frequent these days.

I'd be fine waiting three years if he released more u.u. type stuff but three years between major releases is excessive otherwise. Nobody is asking him to pull a Future or Thugga.

edit: I really fucks with parts of Stoney and as others have said, this could have been a reall tight project if he cut like 30-40%. It's way too long for what it is. And the leaked instrumentals are cool too 👌🏼👀

Eos

UU was only 8 tracks and mostly TPAB leftovers. He's been recording with a lot of other producers/artists so that's why I'm thinking 2017, unless those were all for features.

Hitta93

Banned
UU was only 8 tracks and mostly TPAB leftovers. He's been recording with a lot of other producers/artists so that's why I'm thinking 2017, unless those were all for features.

Even for leftovers, it's just as good, if not better than TPAB.

Eos

Y'all wildin lol. Untitled 02, 03, 05, 08 get tons of spins on Google Play Music lol.
2, 3, 7, and 8 are good. TDE only threw UU together because lebron/fans wanted the untitled track Kendrick performed on the Colbert show. So I don't really see how it can be better when you actually compare the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom