• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

Lmfao the cool and food n liquor aren't classics now? Deadass buggin

its a contested spot, yeah
like, classics for 06/07? sure, the scene was in the gutter so why not...after that point, though?
lupe1.png

Nephilim

Banned
I was looking for new podcasts to listen to. Came across report card or something like that. Jumped to an episode where they were talking about top 5s and 10s. Some dude put hotboys in top 5 groups and then couldn't even name a song. I turned that shit off so quickly. Legit made me angry

Eos

L
O
L
Lupe stans out here calling anything better than Lasers a classic
Y'all talking present. Kanye hasn't had a classic since MBDTF. He irrelevant too?
Classic albums don't dictate relevancy. I don't even know why you'd use Kanye since he's been in the news all year long, and we all know more people are checking for his music than Lupe's.
almost the anniversary of this legendary hip hop moment
ferg-1.jpg

you pulled a ferg
dead.png

Nephilim

Banned
L
O
L
Lupe stans out here calling anything better than Lasers a classic

Classic albums don't dictate relevancy. I don't even know why you'd use Kanye since he's been in the news all year long, and we all know more people are checking for his music than Lupe's.

you pulled a ferg
dead.png
I didn't call food and liquor 2 a classic. That's better than lasers.
Kanye been in the news for all the wrong reasons.

So I'm a Stan cause I called T&Y a classic. Lol internet forums

Edit: what dictates relevancy then?

Eos

I didn't call food and liquor 2 a classic. That's better than lasers.
Kanye been in the news for all the wrong reasons.

So I'm a Stan cause I called T&Y a classic. Lol internet forums

Edit: what dictates relevancy then?

You stay relevant mainly because:
-you're influential
-you got a huge fanbase that still looks forward to your new music
-you can make big hits

Probably some other things I'm missing but all of these keep your name around. Doesn't hurt to be married to a Kardashian either. When you look at Lupe, none of these really apply to him. He's not as relevant as he once was.

Nephilim

Banned
You stay relevant mainly because:
-you're influential
-you got a huge fanbase that still looks forward to your new music
-you can make big hits

Probably some other things I'm missing but all of these keep your name around. Doesn't hurt to be married to a Kardashian either. When you look at Lupe, none of these really apply to him. He's not as relevant as he once was.
Lauren hill isn't relevant?

HiResDes

No not really, you're kind of out of touch.

Also Torre that tweet is ancient history breh, Trap Lord hadn't even dropped yet

Irish you're too kind, but nah I never had the wit to ignite real interest in discussions, and I was a try hard, no style

IrishNinja

Tetsuo & basura isn't a classic, i don't think lupe's made one yet but others disagree

i could give two tugs of a dead dog's cock about "relevance", but classic's something else entirely and i wish folks were more reserved about saying it

like there's albums i love to death but i know damn well they ain't classics

i just saw her perform out here last weekend, and despite all the fears of her going crazy, it was one of the best shows i've seen in a minute

I appreciate your opinion though breh we need a new Recon character

oh shit, we're going full circle last ep of the wire now

Nephilim

Banned
No not really, you're kind of out of touch.

Also Torre that tweet is ancient history breh, Trap Lord hadn't even dropped yet

Irish you're too kind, but nah I never had the wit to ignite real interest in discussions, and I was a try hard, no style
I'm not out of touch. Just confused on someone calling a legend not relevant

Wait. She's not a legend either?

Koozek

Man, I know it sounds ridiculous, but in the last few weeks I started dabbing almost unironically when I'm listening to music all by myself. I can't control it.

Tetsuo & basura isn't a classic, i don't think lupe's made one yet but others disagree

i could give two tugs of a dead dog's cock about "relevance", but classic's something else entirely and i wish folks were more reserved about saying it

like there's albums i love to death but i know damn well they ain't classics

i just saw her perform out here last weekend, and despite all the fears of her going crazy, it was one of the best shows i've seen in a minute

oh shit, we're going full circle last ep of the wire now
Chopper is one of the best songs of all time.

Koozek

Man, Ye is falling hard. His health, Kim is rumored to want a divorce, Trump... at least we might get a good album out of all this.

Koozek

if TLOP is anything to go by, RIP to that thought
Yeah, but now it would come from a darker place (not that great music can only come from that, but still). Divorce from his dream girl, terrible mental state, media might antagonize him as the crazy man whose wife left him because she felt the kids weren't safe around him, liberal media might eat him because of his ties to Trump, and he would go even more into defense and paranoia mode ("they're out to get me!") etc.

studyguy

CzpmKpnWEAA4N96.jpg

2016 will forever be the year Koonye West jumped the shark

Didn't realize the struggle was that real for Ye atm.
808s 2 on the way I guess.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't holding out hope for him to perform for Trump then go on a crazy rant about Trump, but that seems too wild even for Ye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom