• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitta93

Banned
It doesn't have the conceptualized album feel.

Not that it's a bad thing, but make songs a lot more enjoyable and replayable.

IrishNinja

I went to a Mos Def concert at a festival; stadium half full of people...

He decides to randomly do his rock album that nobody knew about at the time.

The balls on that guy lol.

back in like '09 he had to keep the stage warm while wu or tribe or whoever was out back, spent like a half hour doing rock & reggae covers

shit was the only time i saw heads hit he bathroom & come back like "HE STILL ON?"

Yah I just can't do this Aesop Rock stuff, gonna stop trying, it's (personally) gibberish.
Like I know rap is about wordplay and is inherently obfuscating,but there's a limit to how much I want to hear someone talk around what they're actually trying to say.
Not to mention I can barely stomach what that type of rapping does to rappers flows, Lupe is my limit.

Yah I just can't do this Aesop Rock stuff, gonna stop trying, it's (personally) gibberish.
Like I know rap is about wordplay and is inherently obfuscating,but there's a limit to how much I want to hear someone talk around what they're actually trying to say.
Not to mention I can barely stomach what that type of rapping does to rappers flows, Lupe is my limit.

Try his latest album. It's his most straightforward release and it's great.

Try his latest album. It's his most straightforward release and it's great.
I played The Impossible Kid earlier this year when I was knocking a bunch of critically acclaimed albums from this year off of my listen list, couldn't really connect with it and wasn't very interested in playing it agaim and again to "get it", but i'll try again tommorow, last time.

Dereck

This dude $ha Hef is a fool man

The bitch with me is a throwaway
She roll my dope, we blow a O a day
She suck me then she go away

sh7zc84.png

This big chopper will turn a nigga to saw dust
The bitch with me the same color as dandruff

sh7zc84.png

IrishNinja

Damn, Game Theory is a great album.

i put Phrenology, Tipping Point and maybe Things Fall Apart a bit ahead but it's good for sure

Yuppp, probably the last Roots album I really liked.

damn, also this, i wanna say

it's probably old news but finding out post malone used to be a minecraft youtuber very much made my day lol

notch fedora style influence too skrong

Your faith is amusing.

It's just a single that should have come out 5 years ago. Still waiting on "Victory Lap."

yeah...i appreciate what we got out of them but that ship feels like it long since sailed, every year i get ghost talkin bout DOOMstarks like its really int eh cards

How is post gon release a better album than Cole soul and gambino

if this bar was any lower he could've done it with a solid EP

i feel like dude switches things up (production wise) more than most, and has yet to disappoint, so...hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom