• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

riotous

Banned
Future / Thug is what I'm hoping; not a huge Future fan but feel like he's palatable on a collab. Thug is just amazing somehow to me, and I don't really like anyone else even close to his style (other than Future I guess.)

Future's stock dropped so much this year, Evol & PR were both forgettable. But Thug did make at least Who a memorable song. It will probably be decent if true.

OG Kush

Future's stock dropped so much this year, Evol & PR were both forgettable. But Thug did make at least Who a memorable song. It will probably be decent if true.

TBH Future had a huge 2015 and it would have been hard to have matched that no matter what he did.

All right GAF-Hop.... My brother might go to Miami to perform at a concert but I'm low key terrified. The dude that invited to fly him out from California, is the one and only Stitches. I don't trust him one bit and am not sure if it's the correct decision to further his music. Does anyone one know anything about this guy? I know he got into some fight with The Game and is notorious. But my bro is adamant.

Stitches looks like your avatar. Minus the hair.
Lmao

wack 100 is gonna fuck your bro up, breh

Why would you want to associate with that loser?

He is throwing cash in his face. All my brother sees is 10K and thinks this its his big shot instead of slowly working from the ground up. I'm gonna try talking some more sense into him. I don't want my name nor his name to be associate with this guy.

OG Kush

Lmao

He is throwing cash in his face. All my brother sees is 10K and thinks this its his big shot instead of slowly working from the ground up. I'm gonna try talking some more sense into him. I don't want my name nor his name to be associate with this guy.
It's hard decision as an up and comer. You want the exposure but does that mean you should take every opportunity that arises? Also can anyone fill me in what Stitches did? I feel I remember something about him being a racist?

shoelacer

Banned
Lmao

Story is a couple years old, but a relatively well known producer posted this on a different board I'm on a while back:
So, I was playing a show a few months back in K.C.
The dude who picked me up from the airport and I were chatting in the car and I asked him what other kinda acts he had hosted recently. He went on to tell me about Riff raff, Elijah wood (Who apparently tours as a DJ) and Stitches. When he mentioned stitches, my ears immediately perked up cause, well, stitches is hilarious. Here was his run down:
Stitches arrived at the airport, got in the car and immediately requested they get some coke. The dude was like "no problem but, you know, this is K.C., everything here is pretty stepped on so don't expect that Miami quality". Stitches didn't care. So he got him a bag and now stitches requested baking soda. Hmm...The guy complied but was confused as to what stitches had in mind. Was he gonna cook crack? Nope. He was going to take the bag of coke and mix it with the baking soda to make it seem like the bag of coke he got was actually like a kilo. A kilo that he would bring on stage and do bumps of while performing , as well as give bumps out to people in the audience and throw handfuls of into the front row. Now, this begs the questions "Why?". Why even buy the bag of coke? Why not just use all baking soda? But I suppose Stitches is a stickler for realism and also a complete fucking retard.
So, this dude is telling me how stitches is just the dumbest. He's a kid. He's a huge dude with face tats but we forget he's 19. He's basically a florida bro with a gun tatted on his face. His attention span is all over the place and not cause he's coked up but cause he has really bad ADD. He's got a few boys with him and they're all like greek guido types.
He's making all these demands and being a prick the entire time. The guy is not feeling him but his job is to be hospitable so he pretty much has to eat shit the whole night.
It comes time for the show. The place is packed. Stitches does his show. He performs "Brick in yo face" like 6 times. No lie. From the sound of it, he did it every other song. On stage, he's doing bumps and giving people bumps. In the crowd, he's not making fans with the local gangsters. A few guys come up to the promoter and ask is they can rob him. Not cause they think he has shit but cause they think he's an idiot and it would be a funny story. The promoter tells them to chill. But there were multiple dudes there , strapped, ready to roll stitches just for being stitches.
After the show, Stitches demands bitches. The venue is such that the backstage is a large room downstairs. The promoter has a roster of whores who fuck rappers. He literally wrangles them up and sends them downstairs to hang with stitches and his crew. These are girls whose only job at these shows is to meet a rapper and possibly ingest his sperm. From what he says, they're all hot sluts who are good to go.
At least that's how he described them. They're party girls. So,he unloads them on stitches entourage and leaves them be. About 45 minutes later, he goes to check on everything downstairs. What he sees looks like a high school dance. Stitches and crew are all on one side of the room, drinking and being bro's while the girls are on the other looking at their phones and getting ready to leave. Stitches calls over the promoter and asks for more bitches cause "these girls have an attitude". Sadly, the bitch well had run dry.
Apparently, the girls went down there ready to do whatever but Stitches didn't know how to talk to a woman. I don't mean he was rude. i mean he was awkward and off putting like only a 19 year old idiot could be. He basically talked the girls out of giving him pussy simply by being himself.
He went back to the hotel without anyone and wrecked the hotel room...with his boys...for no reason. So, sufficed to say, Stitches will not be invited back to Kansas City anytime soon. The promoter regretted not letting his boys rob him but, in the end, he knows he did the right thing.

Tokubetsu

Happy New Year

n11atPa.gif

PlayDat

This seems like a cool tape.

Anonymuz - Vice City

Techno Violet should on be on that list

Le_E36_Techno_Violet-front.jpg

I downloaded this about 2 weeks ago. Did the average track length being over 12 minutes bother you at all? Are you the type to listen to a full album every time or just a couple a couple tracks when you're in the mood? Looking forward to your full list.

I downloaded this about 2 weeks ago. Did the average track length being over 12 minutes bother you at all? Are you the type to listen to a full album every time or just a couple a couple tracks when you're in the mood? Looking forward to your full list.

I think the structure is a cool experiment for hip-hop. 4 of the 5 acts being 12-15 minutes gives the album a longform electronic pace. It interesting what not being able to see individual tracks does mentally. Of course it's just separate tracks stitched together with some atmospherics in between, but I'd like to see more people actually push this style further using melodies/hooks/concepts that build and circle back around 8 minutes later or whatever. I'm sure it's been done and I've missed/forgotten about them though.

Also doesn't hurt that the production is great and makes the whole thing an easy listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom