• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
img_5844_156999231.jpg

The struggle is real

Ha ha, well done.

Damn, these beats on the new Currensy.

http://www.datpiff.com/pop-mixtape-player-2014.2.php?mediaid=m9c3b701&trackid=

He's a very strange case for me. Nothing he does is ever bad, mainly because of the smooth-ass beats, but at the same time it's just too much and too samey. I always enjoy his tapes when I listen to them, but I never go back to them. Dunno why.

Currensy's stuff has become a great constant for me. No matter what else is going on in hip-hop, I know I can depend on one if his projects to fill any gaps. That's why it was hard for me to put one of them in my top 10 for 2016. I listened to his music way more than anyone else, but how to I separate one project? It's a stream of stuff that I'm always going back to. There's no time and place in real life I can associate with his music, no huge impact, it's just always there churning away when I need something to put on.

Spitta/Gibbs EP lezz go.

HiiiLife

Yes it is. The album is up for pre order with a track list but no actual download of T-Shirt.

But we're agreed, T-Shirt the best 2017 song we've heard so far?

It's dope. Top 3 Migos track honestly. And one of the most enjoyable rap vids I've seen in a minute

As long as we're saying hyperbolic bullshit,

T-Shirt >>>>>>>>>>>>> all rap music before it.

History will now be split into B.C. and A.C.: Before "Culture" and After "Culture."

Koozek

Are there people here that can tell apart the Migos dudes, lol? Quavo is probably the best, but I still don't know if it's him when I hear a Migos feature. Takeoff was on Days Before Rodeo too, right? What about the third dude? Watching the Shirt video and I absolutely can't tell who's who.

Will this era's triplets flow be called "Migos flow" in 20 years or so, I wonder. They broke this shit (with help from Drake on Versace, I guess).

About Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein

It's a little too long yeah, but here's the thing.

The last third of the album, there are like 3-4 tracks that sound really similar.

Also by that point in the album, Vast Aire and Vordul Mega are kind of just aimlessly rambling. They kind of have that style anyway, but in the beginning of the album they seem to rap with more purpose, and by the end they're rapping for like 5-6 minutes straight without choruses and I'm like...OK, wrap this shit up.

You know everytime I revist this album, I always tap out around Battle For Asgard and I think you've perfectly summed up why.

Are there people here that can tell apart the Migos dudes, lol? Quavo is probably the best, but I still don't know if it's him when I hear a Migos feature. Takeoff was on Days Before Rodeo too, right? What about the third dude? Watching the Shirt video and I absolutely can't tell who's who.

Will this era's triplets flow be called "Migos flow" in 20 years or so, I wonder. They broke this shit (with help from Drake on Versace, I guess).
I only know Quavo because his voice is distinctive, I can't tell Offset and Takeoff from one another. That's why it was helpful when Offset started his verse on B&B with "OFFSET WHOO WHOO WHOO"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
WHY DO THE BIRDS NEED A PLANE IF THEY CAN FLY

giphy.gif

It's kind of absurd by how big of a margin Quavo has landed so many memorable features this year.

Koozek

giphy.gif

It's kind of absurd by how big of a margin Quavo has landed so many memorable features this year.
Migos just made me have to go on RapGenius to understand a line for the first time in a long time while, whew. Real Hip-Hop is alive again.

Also, Quavo's "And I'm loving all races, hell nah don't discriminize." = Line of the Generation.

Eos

Yes it is. The album is up for pre order with a track list but no actual download of T-Shirt.

But we're agreed, T-Shirt the best 2017 song we've heard so far?
Yes
As long as we're saying hyperbolic bullshit,

T-Shirt >>>>>>>>>>>>> all rap music before it.

History will now be split into B.C. and A.C.: Before "Culture" and After "Culture."
This can work
RAIN DROP
This
DROP TOP

GUESS WHAT'S #1 ON THE CHARTS?

Honestly, Migos have had a ridiculous year. They went from somebodies to nobodies to somebodies again. It's impressive how they rebounded from their post-"Versace" music to having ridiculous hype after "Bad and Boujee."
Really helped that they're managed by GOOD now, their old label kept fucking up their releases

Yeah it's easy to tell them apart; quavo has a distinctive voice, takeoff has the deep voice and usually raps slower than the other 2, and offset is the only one left (might have the best flow out of the whole group as well). All 3 are featured on sloppy toppy. And yes, it'll be called the Migos flow because they popularized it.

giphy.gif

Yeah, he's my feature killer of 2016

I'm older so I don't follow the Migos all the time. That bad and boogie track go hard until that last verse. The rapper on that last verse sounds like he has mental problem.

Eos

I'm older so I don't follow the Migos all the time. That bad and boogie track go hard until that last verse. The rapper on that last verse sounds like he has mental problem.
Dude ruined so many good songs with his features somehow artists are still insisting on featuring his bum ass
1 hot feature for every 10 songs average

Reckoner

Quavo the hook god
Takeoff the flow king
Offset the swag lord

Jay Sosa

quavo's the one with the glasses.

Helmholtz

Lil Uzi's solo stuff can be pretty good though. Luv is Rage and Vs. the World are pretty solid. He's mainly just weak on features.
Money Longer for example is so good.

So I've been listening to Save Yourself over and over I realize now I've fucked up and that it might be my rap AOTY.

I've found myself coming back to it for the past week and I can't get Bleachwater out of my head.

NY Blanks, Obama Incense, Cold Again, and No Such Thing are too good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom