• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Is it a coincidence that the more popular something becomes, the less Des likes it? If Culture was sold as a cassette out the back of some dudes old Chevy it would be AOTY

Breh I liked TLOP more than most people. And I still fuck with Q, Blankface was great.

Vorheez

Breh I liked TLOP more than most people. And I still fuck with Q, Blankface was great.
Yeah I know, I remember us going back and forth about Still Brazy and Blankface.

Funny enough, I don't go back to that YG album anymore... Forgettable. You called it

What the fuck is Post Malone.
3bb16a951b034ea4ac26faedc8e9c3d7.png

Funny enough, I don't go back to that YG album anymore... Forgettable. You called it

no shit.

YG's last album sucked. Blankface LP still got heat. as for this Culture discussion it starts off really strong but kinda loses it after the first half, What the Price and Kelly Price is good though in the back half.

no shit.

YG's last album sucked. Blankface LP still got heat. as for this Culture discussion it starts off really strong but kinda loses it after the first half, What the Price and Kelly Price is good though in the back half.

wat, Yg's last album is one of the best albums of last year.

Yeah I know, I remember us going back and forth about Still Brazy and Blankface.

Blankface was the superior product. Still Brazy had Twist my Fingaz, but that was a year old single by the time the album came out.

Kwixotik

Blank face is passable but bloated. Like everything is good, but it's just not interesting and it goes on way too long to not be interesting.

Helmholtz

Young Thug performing in London, been watching my mate's snapchat. Does he normally sound pretty bad live?
I'm a huge fan of his music, but I don't think I'd ever see him live. To be fair I don't really go to live shows, but him in particular I've never seen a good live clip of. Seems like he mostly just plays the music through the speakers and kind of mumbles over it.

Also I'll echo others in saying that still brazy is forgettable as fuck and I haven't bothered with it since the week it came out. Blank Face has a few great tracks and a lot of bloat.

mooooose

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Not doing a long intro, I am mostly a hip hop noob. Just going to post what I'm listening to now

- Injury Reserve - Floss (love this)
- Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition: this album is insane. Every time I listen I have a new favorite track. But right now it is definitely When it Rain. It's funny, last night I was watching the Dead End Hiphop review and Feefo said he was lost after Really Doe. I had the exact opposite reaction on my first listens. After Really Doe the instrumentals get crazier with each track and I was mesmerized. I have watched some of their reviews and he tends to be the one with the most superficial opinions, where only 'do I bump it in the whip' matters
- Tribe Called Quest - We got it from here. I'm a new fan, this is the first Tribe album I've listened to. Now to get into MM and Low End Theory.
- Addicted to RTJ3 still
- Madvillainy. Another one of those classics I just got around to. Did my first full listen last night, can already tell there's going to be lots more.

Not doing a long intro, I am mostly a hip hop noob. Just going to post what I'm listening to now

- Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition: this album is insane. Every time I listen I have a new favorite track. But right now it is definitely When it Rain. It's funny, last night I was watching the Dead End Hiphop review and Feefo said he was lost after Really Doe. I had the exact opposite reaction on my first listens. After Really Doe the instrumentals get crazier with each track and I was mesmerized. I have watched some of their reviews and he tends to be the one with the most superficial opinions, where only 'do I bump it in the whip' matters
- Tribe Called Quest - We got it from here. I'm a new fan, this is the first Tribe album I've listened to. Now to get into MM and Low End Theory.
- Addicted to RTJ3 still
- Madvillainy. Another one of those classics I just got around to. Did my first full listen last night, can already tell there's going to be lots more.

Armand Hammer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQm9VGAsa4M

Koozek

- Addicted to RTJ3 still

You'll fit in here. Welcome!

Btw, here are GAF-Hop's AOTYs from last year if you want some recommendations (why are TLOP and Unmastered on there, though??):
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334664

Maybe check out the voting thread too:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1325606

Here are my AOTYs:
Hamza - Zombie Life
Azizi Gibson - A New Life
Denzel Curry - Imperial
Isaiah Rashad - The Sun's Tirade
Noname - Telefone
Saba - Bucket List Project
A Tribe Called Quest - We Got It From Here… Thank You 4 Your Service
Polyester the Saint - American Muscle
Bas - Too High To Riot
Jay IDK - Empty Bank[/INDENT]
Little Simz - Stillness In Wonderland

Bless up.

Kwixotik

- Addicted to RTJ3 still
Danny Brown- the hybrid, xxx
DOOM (king gheedorah) - take me to your leader

Check those out

My favorite from last year was The Sun's Tirade by Isaiah Rashad

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ok first off, this

sounds really good, so thanks for that! Thanks for all the album recommendations, right now priorities are The Sun's Tirade (popped up in a lot of aoty vids I've seen too), Honor Killed the Samurai and Blank Face LP.

Armand Hammer's Race Music I found out about here, so listen to the whole album, it's really good.

xHiryu

where has earl sweatshirt been bro, that single he had with knowledge for adult swim was great. feels like an eternity since i heard that ugly boi spit

Culture's ok, I guess. Migos' style is the kind of thing where a single track can be an earworm, but a bunch of em in a row just blend together.

Deadz and Kelly Price made me pay attention though. Lawwwwd @ the production on Deadz.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Culture's ok, I guess. Migos' style is the kind of thing where a single track can be an earworm, but a bunch of em in a row just blend together.

Deadz and Kelly Price made me pay attention though. Lawwwwd @ the production on Deadz.
The beat on Deadz feels like it's just made for another rapper but for the life of me I can't put my finger on who exactly.

It's very well suited for 2 Chainz regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom