• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG Kush

Apparantly Drake is going to refund everyone's ticket from the show last night in London. Don't know why, just saw on snapchat from a couple of people who were there.

Nibel

Apparantly Drake is going to refund everyone's ticket from the show last night in London. Don't know why, just saw on snapchat from a couple of people who were there.

Because Travis fell into a hole in the middle of the stage and broke that huge ass baloon with his skanky ass

I get those goosebumps every time
wowrwjxf.png

overcast

Vince Staples dropping something soon it looks like https://twitter.com/vincestaples/status/826476838927028224
Dope. Cool that Vince maintains a consistent flow of music that is interesting and different enough so he doesn't become stale.
where has earl sweatshirt been bro, that single he had with knowledge for adult swim was great. feels like an eternity since i heard that ugly boi spit
Yeah I agree. Earl just vani...
yall need to stop acting like if someone doesnt release a project on a gucci mane time frame that theyve gone into hiding or some shit, lmao
👀
Saved

Catvoca

Banned
Speaking of Vince, I only heard that song he did with GTA the other day and phew

And in the last couple lines I'ma contradict
And for the last time, I ain't writin' no more conscious shit
I like big guns, fast whips, ass and tits
Mansions and white women, Mike Jackson shit
So stop actin' like I'm an activist

🔥

overcast

What were your favorite tracks of 2016? I'm talking a select few not 20 songs.

Gotta go Dope Dealer, Untitled 2 and When It Rain.

Speaking of Vince, I only heard that song he did with GTA the other day and phew

And in the last couple lines I'ma contradict
And for the last time, I ain't writin' no more conscious shit
I like big guns, fast whips, ass and tits
Mansions and white women, Mike Jackson shit
So stop actin' like I'm an activist

🔥

Vince has become a favorite interview subject to listen to. Really good.

HiiiLife

Man I fully believe all these cats in music fabricate their life but Chris brown wrappin a red rag around his neck got me confused lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What were your favorite tracks of 2016? I'm talking a select few not 20 songs.

Gotta go Dope Dealer, Untitled 2 and When It Rain.
It was hard enough to make that Top 10 list for the awards.

Probably FSMH Pt.1&2, Gotta Lotta, Venis and Coordinate. Dope Dealer might be the toughest song all year.

Castro is also a clutch addition at the end of the year, probably currently my favourite 2016 song. Everyone just floating and going in and out with each other.

QUAVO
HUNCHO
MY LIFE LIKE PAAAAAAABLO

Icolin

Banned
LTTP on Culture and WOW. Kelly Price is definitely the standout, but front to back it's consistently dope as fuck. Gonna be a workout mainstay for months to come.

OG Kush

Pick up the phone def one my favs... the opening line is a mainstay in my circle.. randomly blurting out "I wanna fuuuuuuuck"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IDK how the Pick Up The Phone video has only 16 million views. Honestly feels like one of the bigger rap songs of 2016, but that's probably just what it's like being in this bubble since obviously stuff like Brocolli and Black Beatles took the mainstream by storm. But damn, something seems wrong with only 16 million.

Why gaming still trying to act like VR relevant
Gotta justify the stack you spent on something that isn't looking like it's going to hit critical mass any time soon.

I quite like the cover TBH.

Since that announcement, however, there hasn't been a single peep out of the TDE camp about the album. No iTunes pre-order link, no Spotify page, no social media promotion—nothing.

With the published release date just one day away, I reached out to TDE President Punch via text, asking him if SZA's album is still on track for a Friday release.

"We never said that," he replied. "[It's] coming soon, very soon."

Hold up? Am I crazy? Did I not read that Billboard announced CTRL would be released on Friday, February 3?

As it turns out, no, I'm not crazy.

Currently, the opening line of her Billboard interview feature reads:

"With her debut album, CTRL, out in February, the 26-year-old R&B singer breaks down the experiences that shaped her music."

Thanks to the internet, though—the internet is forever undefeated—I was able to track down the original opening line, which reads:

"With her debut album, CTRL, out Feb. 3, the 26-year-old R&B singer breaks down the experiences that shaped her music."

As you can see, the published release date was changed from "Feb 3" to just "February," Billboard didn't bother to provide an editor's note or update to indicate a change had been made, and nobody from TDE, including SZA, publicly addressed the date change.

Obviously, the music will be arriving sooner rather than later, but for SZA and her fans, it cannot come soon enough.
clown shoes lmao

Helmholtz

IDK how the Pick Up The Phone video has only 16 million views. Honestly feels like one of the bigger rap songs of 2016, but that's probably just what it's like being in this bubble since obviously stuff like Brocolli and Black Beatles took the mainstream by storm. But damn, something seems wrong with only 16 million.
I honestly thought that song was going to be HUGE. Like Bad and Boujee/BB huge. I felt like it had everything going for it.. super memorable, nice sounding beat, catchy af hook, great verses from all three rappers. I'm usually pretty decent at predicting hit songs too, but I was wrong with that one. And yeah, the music video is ace too...

HiiiLife

I honestly thought that song was going to be HUGE. Like Bad and Boujee/BB huge. I felt like it had everything going for it.. super memorable, nice sounding beat, catchy af hook, great verses from all three rappers. I'm usually pretty decent at predicting hit songs too, but I was wrong with that one. And yeah, the music video is ace too...

What's th next hit song gonna be

Koozek

Yo, the Michael Che standup special on Netflix is funny. Never heard of dude before Neil Brennan's recent Breakfast Club interview.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Wait really? Niggas bumped that shit all summer around me. I would've said it was one of the top 5 tracks along with B&B, Broccoli, Black Beatles, & One Dance.

CoolOff

Wait really? Niggas bumped that shit all summer around me. I would've said it was one of the top 5 tracks along with B&B, Broccoli, Black Beatles, & One Dance.

It gets even stranger looking at Spotify-numbers:

PUTP: 107 million

B&B: 121 million
Broccoli: 275 million
Black Beatles: 300 million.

I have no idea why it is so low on Youtube compared to the others.

Edit: Wait... it is really explicit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It gets even stranger looking at Spotify-numbers:

PUTP: 107 million

B&B: 121 million
Broccoli: 275 million
Black Beatles: 300 million.

I have no idea why it is so low on Youtube compared to the others.

Edit: Wait... it is really explicit.
Damn, this is probably it. It's definitely flagged for adult content/content warning.

Probably big on SoundCloud too.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Damn the Wale single with Lil Wayne is dope as fuck.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Well thanks for the suggestions (this was like a week ago lol) I really enjoyed the A Tribe Called Quest album. Also the Migos album is pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom