• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this in the other thread, but I'll take being looked at some other kind of way listening to Lupe over someone like Kanye. There's people in life mainly non-hollwood personalities that are aware of all things that make them look weird as fuck to other people. People like Kanye will never get that until millions of people point it out. That process has to get old at some point.

T Dollarz

Land of milk and honey with the swirls
Where reckless naked girls get necklaces of pearls

More than a decade late to the party, but what a great album Madvillainy is. Even the skits/shorts are good, like Bistro which sounds like a BIG song

Definitely a 10/10 rap album for me. Figaro is his best verse, which is saying a lot.

No lies detected here. An absolute top tier classic. One of the greatest holes in my vinyl collection as it stands.

I said this in the other thread, but I'll take being looked at some other kind of way listening to Lupe over someone like Kanye. There's people in life mainly non-hollwood personalities that are aware of all things that make them look weird as fuck to other people. People like Kanye will never get that until millions of people point it out. That process has to get old at some point.
I mean, Lupe just called record execs "Dirty Jewish execs." And then threw a mini-tantrum when he got called out on it. So, maybe he's not aware?

I mean, Lupe just called record execs "Dirty Jewish execs." And then threw a mini-tantrum when he got called out on it. So, maybe he's not aware?

According to him, that was the people he was around when he was in a fucked up spot at Atlantic Records. For the sake of not offending people outside of the situation, maybe he could have chose better words. But at the end of the day he says those record execs put him through hell so he didn't give a fuck about his choice of words. I'm not comfortable with the words he chose for that, but I can't hate the emotion behind it if he was dealing with toxic people at that time. Please don't interpret this in a social critic way.

walouija

Neo Member
I'm late but XXX probably my most listened to rap album of all time.

XXX is god tier. Definitely one of my most listened to records of the past few years.
I like Old a fair amount and Atrocity Exhibition was definitely interesting, I still find it hard to see him surpassing XXX tho.

IrishNinja

Already responded to this but I have to a second time, this literally just happened to me.
16508781_1418281794869967_62994453139267541_n.jpg

Edit: And if you're wondering, no this guy is not a troll.

yeah thank god pac never talked about any of that stuff

fuck yea, thank god pats won. got tired of the bandwagoner falcon fans.

Eminem and Pats defense force, you never fail to meet my expectations

for real, ill take post-game bandwagon fans of pats

7QEpAaT.png

for you maybe. that's a fucking weak excuse.

im not equating kanye to roman polanski or r kelly but if yall really cared about if he supported trump or not then you wouldn't/shouldn't support him.

yeah im with this - thankfully i just stream dude's music and haven't needed to own any of it since maybe 808s

yeah thank god pac never talked about any of that stuff

for real, ill take post-game bandwagon fans of pats

7QEpAaT.png

yeah im with this - thankfully i just stream dude's music and haven't needed to own any of it since maybe 808s
I was talking with a Pac fan yesterday who said he puts him alongside MLK and Malcom X.

IrishNinja

damn, some of ya'll so mad at 90s fans haha

Pac was definitely more than just music but he was not on his way to MLK status with having served time for rape.

ehhh catching a charge & doing time doesnt disqualify you (see X) but yeah, even he said he'd hoped to inspire that kinda person instead. the stuff he was working on towards the end though - youth centers etc - really did put him as more than the music though, agreed

Kendrick will join those two someday.

and he'll bring t swizzle along for the CULTURE

Juicy J ft. Ty Dolla $ign & Wiz Khalifa - Ain't Nothing video. Somebody stop Mike WiLL, man is on a mission to scorch the earth. Sounds like a trap, modernized version of something Mannie Fresh would make.

holy shit this beat is beastly. wish Ty Dolla Sign wasn't on it tbh, his singing ruins the massive momentum that Juicy J brings to the opening. like this would be an amazing song without that chorus and just 3 6 Mafia ad libs and juicy j verses.

T Dollarz

XXX might also be my most listened to rap album of all time. It's certainly up there. And I'd also also say it's debatably my #1 album of this decade. Only GKMC or To Pimp could compare. Truly a modern day classic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
holy shit this beat is beastly. wish Ty Dolla Sign wasn't on it tbh, his singing ruins the massive momentum that Juicy J brings to the opening. like this would be an amazing song without that chorus and just 3 6 Mafia ad libs and juicy j verses.
Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking as well. Hook/Ty/Wiz fuck up Juicy J cooking on that beat.

walouija

Neo Member
Awesome, thanks, already heard that DJ Scre album, RYM recommended it.

No problem, I'm working and making a list on sputnikmusic of some chopped and screwed stuff, i'll send you a link to that if I ever finish it.

Most of the good stuff are remix comps or individual songs, so it's a little hard to find good shit without digging.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just discovered Migos' Cocoon.

Maison Margiela dabbin' on everybody
I'm on the codeine moving like a dead body
Bad bitch went to college but she real thotty
That's the reason I can't even trust nobody

WHEN I TAKE DRUGS I GO TO THE MOON

nZ5VHVy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom