• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

This Sean Leon album is pretty dope, but holy hell is it long.

1-hour+ albums seem to be the new thing for rap artists.
Yeah it's a lot of tracks but they're short, didn't seem that long to me at all.

It's still not quite as great as Drowning of Ego but that was damn near perfect.

Rembrandt

Banned
Sean's Detroit tape probably remains his best work.

It's up there. I love UKNOWBIGSEAN VOL 2. and that volume 3/Finally Famous tape, but he got corny. It's a shame because he can rap his ass off. Like he can really rap but he's next to wale on the benches. He's lacking next to his peers and I Decided proved he won't be considered with Cole, Kendrick or Drake. He's a step below Rocky, imho

bagbak is a nice song

It's okay. Progression from his latest but doesn't hold up, imo. Excited for his his CD nonetheless. He's very exciting.

I've finally listened to a good amount of ATCQ last CD and that's pretty great. I can definitely tell that I'm distancing myself from what would typically be considered great, though.

overcast

Apparently Yachty & Carly Rae Jepsen are performing together at the Grammys.

Lil' boat stays winning
Industry plants
hhh4.png

It's okay. Progression from his latest but doesn't hold up, imo. Excited for his his CD nonetheless. He's very exciting.
Yeah, Bagbak is okay to me.

TheRadNadz

Neo Member
This Sean Leon album is pretty dope, but holy hell is it long.

1-hour+ albums seem to be the new thing for rap artists.

Not really a new thing. It's just not many artists can actually have consistently dope material for that amount of time so it sticks out more when the project is average.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
1+ hour albums have always sucked.

10 (regular length) songs is the sweet spot, and I was kind of enjoying people were kind of following that format from Yeezus onwards.

So, Migos said something that is going to turn into a controversy in about a couple hours now.

And so I’m surprised by Migos’ reaction when I mention iLoveMakonnen, the local MC who just came out as gay on Twitter. “Damn, Makonnen!” Quavo bellows after an awkward interlude. I mention support I saw online for Makonnen’s decision. “They supported him?” Quavo asks, raising an eyebrow. “That’s because the world is fucked up,” says Offset. “This world is not right,” Takeoff says. “We ain’t saying it’s nothing wrong with the gays,” says Quavo. But he suggests that Makonnen’s sexuality undermines his credibility, given the fact that “he first came out talking about trapping and selling Molly, doing all that.”

He frowns. “That’s wack, bro.”
I mean, I get that the trio came from a background of trapping and being a gangster, and make songs about an exaggerated hyper-masculine lifestyle e.g. fucking tons of women, doing tons of drugs, threatening people with violence, etc, but how does being gay undermine his credibility as a drug dealer? Do gay drug dealers not exist?

So, Migos said something that is going to turn into a controversy in about a couple hours now.

I mean, I get that the trio came from a background of trapping and being a gangster, and make songs about an exaggerated hyper-masculine lifestyle e.g. fucking tons of women, doing tons of drugs, threatening people with violence, etc, but how does being gay undermine his credibility as a drug dealer? Do gay drug dealers not exist?

Gay drug dealers exist. Rap music just aint fucking with gay people really. I'm glad Macaroni came out and seems to be getting support but lets be real 3 dudes the hood of Atlanta aren't gonna ride with it. In the words of a gafhopper 'Gay people is cool and all that but miss me with the gay shit'.

HiiiLife

Good thing I never liked their work that much.
Dammit Quavo.

Ninja Dom

LionPride

Banned

They walked it back about an hour ago

C4LNnVeWcAAMeP4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom