• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACE 1991

Lol I was just reading about how Kendrick doesn't necissarily believe that men landed on the moon. He also refuses to vote. So brave

HiResDes

Just discovered Migos' Cocoon.

Maison Margiela dabbin' on everybody
I'm on the codeine moving like a dead body
Bad bitch went to college but she real thotty
That's the reason I can't even trust nobody

WHEN I TAKE DRUGS I GO TO THE MOON

nZ5VHVy.gif
There's even a cocoon remix

PBY

Banned
Just discovered Migos' Cocoon.

Maison Margiela dabbin' on everybody
I'm on the codeine moving like a dead body
Bad bitch went to college but she real thotty
That's the reason I can't even trust nobody

WHEN I TAKE DRUGS I GO TO THE MOON

nZ5VHVy.gif

this song is so fucking amazing (I hear you HRD, but the remix loses a lot for me). should have replaced all ass and album is 100/10

Lol I was just reading about how Kendrick doesn't necissarily believe that men landed on the moon. He also refuses to vote. So brave
Full quote from 2012
“Man, probably not, I wouldn’t care. I’m trying to land in a motherf*cking mansion,” he said. “All that other sh*t is beyond me. I think motherf*ckers should start focusing on what they need to do in life and not worrying about the word, then they will make their situation a better place. But we constantly stress ourselves trying to figure this sh*t out. Believe in God, there’s only one God. F*ck all that religious sh*t. Believe in one God and do right. Try your best to do right. We aint perfect, so just do that and everything will be straight. But as far as worrying about the man on the moon and all that other bullsh*t, it’s irrelevant. It’s 2012 and that’s how I’m thinking right now.”

Lmao you made me think he went full b.o.b or something.

overcast

This Sean Leon album sound like a Travis Album with direction, well that's probably underselling how good it is.

Clicked on this and the first song I'm listening to right now is 905 9TO5.

This shit is pretty fire, I'll have to listen to this one. And the slowing down.....oh man that's great.

EDIT: Win is pretty win...this is good find, thanks for this.

I'll be tuning into the Grammys for two things: Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Man de Homem Christo.

I loved their 2007 and 2014 performances and I hope they pull more live remixing shit with Abel.

HiiiLife

Damn picked a copy of Midnight Club 3 dub edition again. Goat racing game? Goat. And the goat soundtrack that isn't vice city.

REALBIG

Rembrandt

Banned
I owed myself a listen of I decided. It's typical Sean, which is whatever. But Eminem's verse is so terrible delivery wise and I appreciate his lyrical talent but he raps about the dumbest shit. Smh.

CD is ight, though. I still like UKNOWBIGSEAN/Finally Famous era Sean more.

HiiiLife

Andrew you got me going thru Ye's discography again...and yeah... still not feeling Yeezus lol. However going back I do realize I like MBDTF more than I originally ranked it. Probably CD > MBDTF > LR or 808s now for my personal 3.

A lot different than how I would've ranked it back when all these albums first dropped.

Andrew you got me going thru Ye's discography again...and yeah... still not feeling Yeezus lol. However going back I do realize I like MBDTF more than I originally ranked it. Probably CD > MBDTF > LR or 808s now for my personal 3.

A lot different than how I would've ranked it back when all these albums first dropped.

One thing for sure, I think MBDTF will get a coveted 10/10 from me. It seems that some people didn't really like it that much when they first listened, but you have to listen to it again and again, obviously.

I still consider Gorgeous to be probably the best song on the album aside from Lost in the World, but there isn't a weak song on there. Gorgeous I liked even when I wasn't too hot on the album.

Not sure which album I will listen to next, maybe TLOP?

One thing for sure, I think MBDTF will get a coveted 10/10 from me. It seems that some people didn't really like it that much when they first listened, but you have to listen to it again and again, obviously.

I still consider Gorgeous to be probably the best song on the album aside from Lost in the World, but there isn't a weak song on there. Gorgeous I liked even when I wasn't too hot on the album.

College Dropout > Late Registration > TLOP > Graduation.

HiiiLife

I tried listening to TLOP front to back but it just feels like a chore. Love the production, but man. I'm skipping thru most of the tracks until I hear either A. Hear the beat drop or B. Get to saint pablo.

And Runaway imo is the best song on fantasy. Top 3 fav track by him period with Spaceship and Bittersweet.

I tried listening to TLOP front to back but it just feels like a chore. Love the production, but man. I'm skipping thru most of the tracks until I hear either A. Hear the beat drop or B. Get to saint pablo.

And Runaway imo is the best song on fantasy. Top 3 fav track by him period with Spaceship and Bittersweet.
Saint Pablo is by far my least favorite track on the album, Kanye's rapping/voice is so trash and the theme is too jumbled, I just get taken out of the track each time he pulls out the random attack on black people.
The rest of the album flows easily for me aside from Real Friends and Wolves though, the only Kanye album that feels like a chore for me to listen to is Graduation.

Bacon

Kanye is at his best when he picks a theme and sticks to it throughout the entire album. TLOP just seemed like a total jumbled mess of ideas, some hit and some didn't.

HiiiLife

Kanye is at his best when he picks a theme and sticks to it throughout the entire album. TLOP just seemed like a total jumbled mess of ideas, some hit and some didn't.

Yep. Prolly why I have a newfound love for 808s lately. Idk.

Maybe one day TLOP or Yeezus will click but I can't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom