• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

The Quelle Chris album is probably my favorite of the year so far of all genres
This Elucid is basically the complete opposite of it and it uppercuts this album even though I like the Quelle album.

Koreatown Oddity is close but Koreatown Oddity has the "not a good rapping voice" syndrome. Even with the extremely eclectic beats and samples on the album. Still a very good project though.

Just realized the goat Kanye album CD is 13 today.

220px-Kanyewest_collegedropout.jpg

Just realized the goat Kanye album CD is 13 today.

220px-Kanyewest_collegedropout.jpg

After loving Yeezus and giving MBDTF a 10/10, I started with College Dropout (didn't listen to the album from beginning to end). Two Words and Family Business really stand out. Two Words has amazing production in particular; the instrumentation is genius.

Hitting a bunch of albums in a row today because I've really been slipping so far in 2017 (preparing for WW3 eats into my hip-hop time, tbh)

Matthew In The Middle off Sean Leon's album is a gorgeous track. Just realized while searching for a link that he released this in like the middle of 2016, but that one had a sample at the forefront. I like the new version more.

HiResDes

This Elucid is basically the complete opposite of it and it uppercuts this album even though I like the Quelle album.

Koreatown Oddity is close but Koreatown Oddity has the "not a good rapping voice" syndrome. Even with the extremely eclectic beats and samples on the album. Still a very good project though.

I listened to the Elucid album, I'm a big fan, and no it doesn't...Koreatown Oddity not even close

Matthew is my favorite Sean Leon song too

Also unrelated, but decided to open up Plug.DJ since I'm stuck in tonight

LionPride

Banned
1. Late Registration
2. Graduation
3. MBDTF
4. TLOP
5. 808s
6. College Dropout
7. Yeezus

College Dropout-MBDTF are all 10/10 for me tho

1. Late Registration
2. Graduation
3. MBDTF
4. TLOP
5. 808s
6. College Dropout
7. Yeezus

I feel left out when it comes to Yeezy ranking, can't wait to do one down the line.

Listened to more College Dropout, sounds good so far. I find myself not liking The New Workout Plan though.

HiiiLife

Workout Plan classic. And Fonsworth bentley just disappeared after that music video. Love that song.

No sillier than Eminem with his goofy singles.

Fevaweva

I prefer Graduation to both College Dropout and Late Registration. That album is almost all killer and no filler. CD and LR are too long.

OG Kush

I prefer Graduation to both College Dropout and Late Registration. That album is almost all killer and no filler. CD and LR are too long.
To me, there might be a couple extra songs here and there that are filler, but the songs that hit, hit so fucking hard that it makes me those LR and CD above any of his other albums.

Fevaweva

To me, there might be a couple extra songs here and there that are filler, but the songs that hit, hit so fucking hard that it makes me those LR and CD above any of his other albums.

I can see where you are coming from and I will say that the albums I made after deleting all the songs I thought were bad or filler, CD and LR are in the top 3 Kanye albums.

Catvoca

Banned

Barry Bonds and Drunk and Hot Girls are the definition of filler though! CD is definitely a bit long but I don't know that there's any songs I'd cut off of LR.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IDK how the Drake/Hijab story even started, nowhere was there evidence of him talking about/to a woman in a hijab.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
1. Late Registration
2. Graduation
3. MBDTF
4. TLOP
5. 808s
6. College Dropout
7. Yeezus

I disagree with this list entirely, but it is what makes it great about being a fan of his, almost every fan has a different opinion.
MBDTF or Watch the Throne for Kanye's best album.
Agree.
That song is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom