• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The new Desiigner is alright until the beat change but it's not an earworm like Panda/FSMH2 or Timmy Turner. I can appreciate the energy he brings to his music but I can't really see him have any staying power.

The new Desiigner is alright until the beat change but it's not an earworm like Panda/FSMH2 or Timmy Turner. I can appreciate the energy he brings to his music but I can't really see him have any staying power.
I bet it goes platinum just like Timmy Turner and Panda.

Outlet will be played in every sports arena.

If it gets a popping meme than issa wrap.

Bronx-Man

Banned
If Wiz & Chief Keef can make it past 5 years, there's no reason why Desiigner can't.

Shit, Soulja Boy been around for over 10 years now!

Ninja Dom

Diving into this new Quelle Chris.

There's a new G-Unit 10 track album out. 33 minutes. G to the Street. Can't tell if it's official though.

Outlet kind of sounds like a mess. The first beat is SUPER hard, but Desiigner didn't find that catchy rhythm on this one IMO. And the switch up after the too long acapella is anticlimactic.

I'm sure it'll get play everywhere because the first beat goes, but I'm not feeling it.

T Dollarz

Doesn't he produce everything himself mostly? Also noticed he has several production credits on Solange's A Seat at the Table.

I haven't stated it yet in this thread yet I don't think, but after seeing it on a bunch of lists in December I finally checked it out. And I listened to it multiple times daily for over a month straight. Album is a straight up masterpiece. Probably my favorite album overall since TPaB or something. Shit just connected with me super heavy. That and the Tribe album were far and away the two best releases overall last year imo.

Likewise, the Sampha album is fucking great, tho not on that level. It strikes tickles the same fancy for me tho, and has a real nice James Blake vibe but is more consistent than his album from last year. This that smooth shit bruh.

Koozek

I haven't stated it yet in this thread yet I don't think, but after seeing it on a bunch of lists in December I finally checked it out. And I listened to it multiple times daily for over a month straight. Album is a straight up masterpiece. Probably my favorite album overall since TPaB or something. Shit just connected with me super heavy. That and the Tribe album were far and away the two best releases overall last year imo.

Likewise, the Sampha album is fucking great, tho not on that level. It strikes tickles the same fancy for me tho, and has a real nice James Blake vibe but is more consistent than his album from last year. This that smooth shit bruh.
Funnily, I only started listening to A Seat a week ago, too, and it's been on daily rotation ever since. Really smooth and lovely. I like this much more than Bey's type of music.

James Blake was overall AOTY for me last year. Shit touches my soul.

OG Kush

Sounds like a remix of Gwan Big Up Yourself. Both the original and this are dope.

Oh shit I just clocked that! I was wondering why there was something familiar with this song.

Also, does anybody remember that once upon a timeEd Sheeran and Yelawolf realeased an EP together?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom