• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catvoca

Banned
vXpWdrB.gif

Lmao

DESIIGNER REALLY WENT AND DROPPED THIS BANGER.

Holy shit, both beats are super fucking dope, god bless Vinylz and Mike Dean for blessing us with this insane beat.

illadelph

For those who consistently listen to complete projects as they are released, how and where do you do so?

I listen to a bunch of albums and mixtapes in the whip on my commute, but I feel like I'm not fully appreciating them, as the car isn't necessarily the ideal listening environment for most music. Obviously some shit, like a UGK album or a Future tape, is great to bump, but a lot of other shit may be better experienced at home or with headphones. The problem is that I don't always have the time to play entire albums at home, so a lot of potentially great shit gets underappreciated.

Koozek

Denzel Curry - This Life video:
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh601693bSE7lw3jnx

For those who consistently listen to complete projects as they are released, how and where do you do so?

I listen to a bunch of albums and mixtapes in the whip on my commute, but I feel like I'm not fully appreciating them, as the car isn't necessarily the ideal listening environment for most music. Obviously some shit, like a UGK album or a Future tape, is great to bump, but a lot of other shit may be better experienced at home or with headphones. The problem is that I don't always have the time to play entire albums at home, so a lot of potentially great shit gets underappreciated.
At home. My on-the-go playlist when I'm commuting on train rarely changes because I don't have Spotify Premium yet and pushing files on my old-ass phone is so buggy (I don't care enough to get a new one, lol). It's still basically 60% Future (DS2, PR, EVOL, and Monster), which I for an inexplicable reason only listen to on my phone and not at home.

HiResDes

I'll listen when I'm at the computer just fucking around or playing games, when I'm cleaning the house on my system, or I can definitely listen to some deep introspective shit while I'm driving...I don't find it odd at all.

It depends.

In my case, because I'm a student, I can just listen to 2-3 albums a night while I'm knocking out homework assignments. Somedays I don't feel like listening to new things, other days I feel like making a dent in my backlog. I'm usually always next to my computer when I'm working on my homework, so the routine normally goes pick an album, put my headphones on, and listen while I grade papers or do math homework or write an essay, etc etc.

I'm guessing as I head into the working world that routine is going to change dramatically, but for now at least, I'll enjoy it while I can.

My first listen always has to be a walk alone at night, I remember doing that when TLOP dropped, downloaded, went right out and didn't look at my phone the enter time, just walked around and danced/got hype in the streets/sidewalks/parking lot.

Koozek

It depends.

In my case, because I'm a student, I can just listen to 2-3 albums a night while I'm knocking out homework assignments. Somedays I don't feel like listening to new things, other days I feel like making a dent in my backlog. I'm usually always next to my computer when I'm working on my homework, so the routine normally goes pick an album, put my headphones on, and listen while I grade papers or do math homework or write an essay, etc etc.

I'm guessing as I head into the working world that routine is going to change dramatically, but for now at least, I'll enjoy it while I can.
Yup, same here as a student. Listening a lot while studying.

My first listen always has to be a walk alone at night, I remember doing that when TLOP dropped, downloaded, went right out and didn't look at my phone the enter time, just walked around and danced/got hype in the streets/sidewalks/parking lot.
Fws7etW.gif

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
First couple of Midnight Marauders listens: so good. It's weird, on Spotify 'God lives through' is greyed out for some reason, no idea why. Low End Theory next tomorrow.
Isaiah Rashad is more of a slow burn, but I'm getting into it. 'Stuck in the mud' is my favorite track on The Sun's Tirade so far.

I work a fuckton, still listen to music at work. Just depends on the job.

Same here. I have a desk job and there are days where I listen to a lot of music at work. It helps me concentrate too.

PBY

Banned
It depends.

I work a fuckton, still listen to music at work. Just depends on the job.

First couple of Midnight Marauders listens: so good. Low End Theory next tomorrow.
Isaiah Rashad is more of a slow burn, but I'm getting into it. 'Stuck in the mud' is my favorite track on The Sun's Tirade so far.

Curious to what you think about People's Instinctive Travels as well.

Oh so that's also an essential? It's always MM and LET that get mentioned most. But I'll add it to the list. Glad We got it from here got me into Tribe, because I've been loving everything.

It's not as well liked as the other two, but it's my favorite rap album ever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh so that's also an essential? It's always MM and LET that get mentioned most. But I'll add it to the list. Glad We got it from here got me into Tribe, because I've been loving everything.

It's an amazing album. Also check out their 4th album: Life, Beats & Rhymes. Not as good as the first three but still a solid record.

LionPride

Banned

At home, at school, I find time to listen to an album three times before making a decision on it

---------------------------------------------------
OUTLET IS THE GREATEST THING TO GRACE MY EARS MY GOD

Is 50 Cent a Suge/Baby tier villain or does his near sociopathy and destructive behavior in terms of personal relationships such as with his son as well as his previous underdog status keep him more pitiable than hateable?
If he was a character in a comic/book what would be the theme behind his career?

LionPride

Banned
Is 50 Cent a Suge/Baby tier villain or does his near sociopathy and destructive behavior in terms of personal relationships such as with his son as well as his previous underdog status keep him more pitiable than hateable?
If he was a character in a comic/book what would be the theme behind his career?

Being a petty asshole because he could

He isn't Suge Knight levels, like at all, but he's a cunt

Eh....neither. I don't think 50 is a sociopath, at that.

Eh....neither. I don't think 50 is a sociopath, at that.
I don't either, well i'm not sure, I just think using near sociopathy is a quick/decent way to get a quick picture of his behavior and demeanor across.
Still can't believe he sent French Montana to videotape DJ Khaled's mom while she was sleeping.

edit:
So you don't remember 50 cent sending french montana and some toher goons to go stalk dj khaled's mom and then had them record her sleeping inside her office?
Damn you blitzed me.

So you don't remember 50 cent sending french montana and some toher goons to go stalk dj khaled's mom and then had them record her sleeping inside her office?

Wow, I see.

On a positive note, If You Must....I remember this song from Tony Hawks, and it's still a great song. Only Del could make a song about personal hygiene and make it work.

HiiiLife

Wow, I see.

On a positive note, If You Must....I remember this song from Tony Hawks, and it's still a great song. Only Del could make a song about personal hygiene and make it work.

I can only count on Drake to not be a cunt about gays, moms, and politics nowadays smh. Nice guy drake. #culturevulture

Helmholtz

Man I think this is my favorite release in a while. I'm not familiar with any of the other members besides Key but these guys have some great chemistry. Really nice melodies going on here.
Favorite track right now is probably Used to Be Down. That chorus is catchy as fuck.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dead @ Yachty arguing with his mom about wanting to move out in this latest Noisey Atlanta documentary lmao

Completely forgot they played the first Atlanta documentary in court when Migos got arrested too. Quavo looked like he was still a bit bothered when they met up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom