• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2014 |OT| Now with tiers! Still with tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
the worst part about this week is i could have won.

instead im gonna lose to some kid that thinks his team that's essentially the chicago bears + julio jones and chris ivory is good enough to go undefeated

My 2nd week in a row with a 0 spot from a WR but luckily I have 4 point lead with Cutler and Forte to go against nobody left on other team. Good week.

DarkFlow

Banned
the worst part about this week is i could have won.

instead im gonna lose to some kid that thinks his team that's essentially the chicago bears + julio jones and chris ivory is good enough to go undefeated
Lol he really is the Bears, that's going to be a fun bye week for him. Also he could still lose, it's the Bears after all.

lost by a point. First I lost by a single point last week in my 50$ buy in league. Now I lost by a point in my GAF league. FF Gods hate me!

I was out for brunch and kept trying to change it on my phone (iphone) but the app was not letting me.

When I finally got home it was too late. By less than a freakin second too since I was able to make the switch but switch errored.

That's what you get for having a life.

The nice thing about getting your ass kicked is you don't have to second guess any decision you made because no decision would even remotely affect the outcome of the game.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I was out for brunch and kept trying to change it on my phone (iphone) but the app was not letting me.

When I finally got home it was too late. By less than a freakin second too since I was able to make the switch but switch errored.

Maybe it's an app problem :/ I just downloaded the app yesterday so I'm not familiar with it. Sorry again though

The nice thing about getting your ass kicked is you don't have to second guess any decision you made because no decision would even remotely affect the outcome of the game.

There is wisdom in this post. Sad, sad wisdom that I know all too well.

Arkos

I don't know why you still have him on the bench. He's officially suspended for the rest of the year.

That's not true, he'd be a valuable addition to any team and I am accepting offers

Edit: srsly though I could use a RB2 (Stupendous Men GJL2) so I'm open to offers.

And I'm just waiting on waivers to drop AP, held out hope (I guess?) he might still play

Anyone in GJLP have any comments on what Erasure is talking about on the message boards? It's regarding the DEF scoring. I've never noticed it before, but the actual score and the points against for the defense aren't always 1:1. I guess certain TD's aren't calculated into the score.

Essentially, he thinks 50 shades should have won the close game because my panthers should have had more points taken away from their final score of 0. Everyone let me know what you think, and if you know of any way to fix it, because I don't see anything about it in the scoring settings.

Urgh 3 straight losses. Anyone in GJL3 wanna make a deal with me? Percy Harvin, Chris Johnson, Geno Smith and Owen Daniels are all available.

Urgh 3 straight losses. Anyone in GJL3 wanna make a deal with me? Percy Harvin, Chris Johnson, Geno Smith and Owen Daniels are all available.

I'm not in GJ3, but Percy Harvin is interesting.

What is his value?

I had someone in my dynasty league try to unload him (it's basically a standard scoring league, but td heavy), and no one bites. It seems to me he does some of everything but not enough of anything to be really valuable. He's on a run heavy offense and never be a reliable option at WR. As I've said before. Seattle: Where WR careers go to die.

Also Geno Smith is available. You mean on the waiver wire, right?

Anyone in GJLP have any comments on what Erasure is talking about on the message boards? It's regarding the DEF scoring. I've never noticed it before, but the actual score and the points against for the defense aren't always 1:1. I guess certain TD's aren't calculated into the score.

Essentially, he thinks 50 shades should have won the close game because my panthers should have had more points taken away from their final score of 0. Everyone let me know what you think, and if you know of any way to fix it, because I don't see anything about it in the scoring settings.

I'm biased here, but if a ST puts points on the board, those points should count towards the overall score against the D/ST scored upon.

We have a similar rule enforced on my big money league, though the points are only awarded if it changes the outcome of a match. In this case, it certainly looks like the points should be changed. I'm not going to fight hard for it, but it certainly seems as if I should have won the game due to Yahoo's oversight.

I'm not in GJ3, but Percy Harvin is interesting.

What is his value?

I had someone in my dynasty league try to unload him (it's basically a standard scoring league, but td heavy), and no one bites. It seems to me he does some of everything but not enough of anything to be really valuable. He's on a run heavy offense and never be a reliable option at WR. As I've said before. Seattle: Where WR careers go to die.

Also Geno Smith is available. You mean on the waiver wire, right?

No I got him right before that as trade bait.

I'm biased here, but if a ST puts points on the board, those points should count towards the overall score against the D/ST scored upon.

We have a similar rule enforced on my big money league, though the points are only awarded if it changes the outcome of a match. In this case, it certainly looks like the points should be changed. I'm not going to fight hard for it, but it certainly seems as if I should have won the game due to Yahoo's oversight.

I think Yahoo doesn't count ST points, as they aren't against the opposing Def...You return a punt for a TD, that's against the opposing team's offense. You return a kick off for a TD, that's against the opposing team's ST, not their defense...this may or may not be what you're referring to, but if it is, I understand it.

NeoGaf, I come to you with a fantasy question; who do you reasonably think I can get with a trade package of Montee Ball and Brandin Cooks? I think it's at least worth Jennings or maybe even Lacy?

Poor Aldon in GJL3. He would have won his game if that Marshall TD stood (lost by 2.36) . I was rooting for him so I could be tied for 1st. We play next week, so sympathy ends there but feel for you this one with that bad break.

.GqueB.

Banned
All my games have been close thus far and I don't like it. Every game comes down to one or two players. Makes these games not so fun to watch. I just lost by 5 points because the Bears decided to stop playing football for an entire quarter. Won another league by 3 because of graham gano.

Gives me a headache.

NeoGaf, I come to you with a fantasy question; who do you reasonably think I can get with a trade package of Montee Ball and Brandin Cooks? I think it's at least worth Jennings or maybe even Lacy?

This would be a great question for the fantasy football advice thread, but that aside.

Ball and Cooks for Lacy..No problem.

Ball and Cooks for Jennings..No problem.

Ball/Cooks for Lacy and Jennings...sorry..

Ball/Cooks for a top 5 WR...that should work.

I like Ball..he has a good weeks ahead of him..Cooks is a nice upside WR 2/3..

All my games have been close thus far and I don't like it. Every game comes down to one or two players. Makes these games not so fun to watch. I just lost by 5 points because the Bears decided to stop playing football for an entire quarter. Won another league by 3 because of graham gano.

Gives me a headache.

I totally understand. Last night was the first time in a while where I didn't "have to" watch football. Because all my games across all leagues were already decided..

I love FF, but it's stress inducing.

This would be a great question for the fantasy football advice thread, but that aside.

Ball and Cooks for Lacy..No problem.

Ball and Cooks for Jennings..No problem.

Ball/Cooks for Lacy and Jennings...sorry..

Ball/Cooks for a top 5 WR...that should work.

I like Ball..he has a good weeks ahead of him..Cooks is a nice upside WR 2/3..

Oops! Didn't realize their was a different thread. My bad, thanks for the advice though. I think I've been undervaluing this package.

DarkFlow

Banned
I think Yahoo doesn't count ST points, as they aren't against the opposing Def...You return a punt for a TD, that's against the opposing team's offense. You return a kick off for a TD, that's against the opposing team's ST, not their defense...this may or may not be what you're referring to, but if it is, I understand it.
It counts them. I got 6 points from AZ last week for a punt return.

I believe it was a muffed punt return, although I didn't watch the game so idk. Maybe they thought that the receiving team counted as the offense? If so, that's a grey area, since we'll essentially be arguing on if the receiving team counts as the offense or, you know, the 'special teams' in 'Defense/Special Teams'.

DarkFlow

Banned
lol when does Yahoo adjust there Projected scores? They somehow think Carolina is going to score 14 points. I would like to know what kind of drugs Yahoo is smoking.

For GJLP, I'm looking to trade Crabtree for a fair RB2/3, if anyone is interested. Dude is clearly Kaep's favorite target, and is a very capable WR2, but I can't afford to have a good flex player right now. Garçon is also up. With Peterson gone and Foster back to being Foster, I really need a RB that's at least in a RBBC...

Arkos

Ohhhh you're talking about the player. I think it does, but I'm not sure. It should.

I don't think they do :( I know ESPN didn't because I was sorely disappointed when I did have Cobb on my team. It goes towards the D/ST for that team. That's something we could discuss for next year, there might be a way to change it but I'm not sure

lol when does Yahoo adjust there Projected scores? They somehow think Carolina is going to score 14 points. I would like to know what kind of drugs Yahoo is smoking.

I don't know this either, but I'm kind of digging it because I'm not getting bogged down in the "projected" points so I can just go from the gut. It's gotten me 1 win out of three games so far :p but seriously though I like that they don't shove their projections in your face as bad as ESPN does

Arkos

youngplaya21 is the acting commissionner of GJL2 as I sort out some legal issues. He will be handling my team as well. I'm so sorry that this bullshit had to come up right in the middle of the fantasy season, I'll still be managing my team as much as possible for as long as possible, but who know how long that will be

DarkFlow

Banned
youngplaya21 is the acting commissionner of GJL2 as I sort out some legal issues. He will be handling my team as well. I'm so sorry that this bullshit had to come up right in the middle of the fantasy season, I'll still be managing my team as much as possible for as long as possible, but who know how long that will be
Let us know your address so we can send money for commissary in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom