• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2016 |OT| Make Fantasy Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
How nice that Chris Ivory gets rushed to the hospital at 11am, right after I've clocked into work and cannot switch in Isaiah Crowell. Thx

He was questionable before his hospitable visit. You should have had someone else in regardless.

Who even are you? It doesn't appear from the list that you're in any of these leagues. Was going to check out your team and see whom you should have had in all along.

He was questionable before his hospitable visit. You should have had someone else in regardless.

Who even are you? It doesn't appear from the list that you're in any of these leagues. Was going to check out your team and see whom you should have had in all along.
Oh fuck, where's the general fantasy discussion? I've seen like two other league threads, sorry guys.

Compbros

Luck one of the best QBs for the week. If I can get an average of 22 points a game outta him then when Brady comes back he seems to be primed to package with one of my WRs not named Cooper to get a better running back. Either way I need to offload one of my WRs, every week will just be points on the bench as I have 3 WR2s and nowhere to slot them.

Hustler

Good old Fitzgerald picking up AP's slack for week 1. I may squeak away with the win as long as Rule 86 comes through and Big Ben doesn't pop off for PassiveObserver.

Hustler

Won my game.

TEs are dead in the NFL. There's like, what, three good ones, tops?

Jordan Reed was really involved in the first few min of the game. He was thrown to what seemed 10 times in 5 min of play. And then he fell off the face of the earth until the very end. Doesn't help cousins really sucked this game.

KingV

This might be the quickest I have had a team fall apart for me. I have Demaryius Thomas, Keenan Allen , and Markus Wheaton. Will definitely be hitting the waiver wires already.

Just barely managed to win my first game (0.3 points separated myself and The Outsider). Might have to make some changes for next week.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
First week game shouldn't count because Team Name TBA didn't have a kicker or TE and I think it is unfair for him.

Good game, man. Your team put up monster numbers.

KingV

If anyone on GLJ3 needs an RB, I have trades for days.

David Johnson, CJ Anderson, Forte, and Murray available. Willing to trade anyone of them for the right offer (mostly looking for WR).

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
First week game shouldn't count because Team Name TBA didn't have a kicker or TE and I think it is unfair for him.

Good game, man. Your team put up monster numbers.

Thanks man. I was worried last night till Williams went beast mode. I really need a tight end but can't drop anyone. I am willing to trade.

DJohnson sounds interesting, might be able to work out a deal for that. I do have that extra TE...just need to find some time to work out details.

Half a day away from the first waiver wire rush of the year! No plans to go after anyone this week, but I love looking at the chaos that goes on Wednesday morning on the Transaction page!

If anyone on GLJ3 needs an RB, I have trades for days.

David Johnson, CJ Anderson, Forte, and Murray available. Willing to trade anyone of them for the right offer (mostly looking for WR).

Made an offer. Check it out or suggest one of my other WRs if you want.

Compbros

Everyone is available on my team, 4 good WRs and can part with any of them. Have Kelce and Barnidge as TEs. No one is looking for a QB yet I'm sure and I'm not gonna have a good return on my RBs until they can post similar or better performances next week.

Everyone is available on my team, 4 good WRs and can part with any of them. Have Kelce and Barnidge as TEs. No one is looking for a QB yet I'm sure and I'm not gonna have a good return on my RBs until they can post similar or better performances next week.

I'm kiiiinda looking for a QB. Not sure yet. I do need a TE badly though.

I'm down to trade in the Premier league as well! Pretty much anyone is available (i'm pretty deep at QB and RB), and looking for some WR help

Compbros

I'm kiiiinda looking for a QB. Not sure yet. I do need a TE badly though.

Well I have 2 really good ones for both. I'm never gonna play my two TE at the same time so I can offload either.

Edit: This is just how I wanted my team constructed: A bunch of RB2/WR2 with upside because if any of my skill position players get injured I can plug a comparable one into that slot and not lose much in terms of value if anything at all. Cooper going down would hurt but the 3 behind him are more than capable of picking up the slack. My weakest position is RB and that's not terrible, I just don't have anyone I can ride all season and have to play matchups.

Well for JL3 I've got two elite TE and some spare RB. Want to upgrade at WR or RB...(Bail Kings)
also feel free to trade haggle on PM if you find Yahoo too impersonal about it

Make me some offers people
I could possibly part with a WR
Learned last year that people are pretty timid when it comes to trades. I'm used to multiple blockbuster trades a season in my other leagues, but I don't think any of the GAF leagues had more than like 3 trades all year. My work league even had two trades already lol

Learned last year that people are pretty timid when it comes to trades. I'm used to multiple blockbuster trades a season in my other leagues, but I don't think any of the GAF leagues had more than like 3 trades all year. My work league even had two trades already lol

Hmm, curious. I wonder if that'll be the case in my money league or not. I'm still mad at them doing a snake draft.

I can't understand why anyone does a snake these days.

They did it because "we have a bunch of new people and auction takes longer" -- I didn't know any better because this was my first time too

I'm going to tell them I'm not playing next year unless we do an auction

Compbros

They did it because "we have a bunch of new people and auction takes longer" -- I didn't know any better because this was my first time too

I'm going to tell them I'm not playing next year unless we do an auction

Snake is definitely an easier concept, wait your turn and pick the best available player to you, so I can see how it appeals to new players. Not to mention people don't know how to ration money effectively for auction and can overbid or leave a ton of money on the board so I understand the rationale. At the same time, no! Auctions are ten times more fun and lets you construct your team how you want without hoping that a player falls to you.

Snake is definitely an easier concept, wait your turn and pick the best available player to you, so I can see how it appeals to new players. Not to mention people don't know how to ration money effectively for auction and can overbid or leave a ton of money on the board so I understand the rationale. At the same time, no! Auctions are ten times more fun and lets you construct your team how you want without hoping that a player falls to you.
I don't know how anyone can keep playing with the 'default' settings anymore (snake draft, 8-10 man, no FAAB, etc). It's a ton more fun to mix it up the stats a bit (keeper league, 12+ leagues, FAAB, etc)

Compbros

8 man is beyond weak. I'm turning on waivers too, I used to be all for it but feh. At this point I need some form of PPR too.

Half a day away from the first waiver wire rush of the year! No plans to go after anyone this week, but I love looking at the chaos that goes on Wednesday morning on the Transaction page!

Jeremy Kerley SF - WR
Waiver
Kap'N Crunch
Sep 14, 12:58 am

Jesse James Pit - TE
Waiver
Jared Cook GB - TE
To Waivers
Kelika Beasts

Baltimore Bal - DEF
$3 Waiver
Zach Miller Chi - TE
To Waivers
Reigning Champion

Joe Flacco Bal - QB
$5 Waiver
Devin Funchess Car - WR
To Waivers
Putin Karate Chop

Tyrell Williams SD - WR
$12 Waiver
Torrey Smith SF - WR
To Waivers
Putin Karate Chop

Eli Rogers Pit - WR
$15 Waiver
Keenan Allen SD - WR IR
To Waivers
Straw Hat Pirates

I'm gonna win again this week with Baltimore's D against pitiful Cleveland. Mwahaha.

KingV

It's probably because people don't really know each other.

Also, most people (in general) just don't have a philosophy conducive to trading. Most of the trade offers I have gotten so far have been ones where the other person is clearly hoping I'm an idiot. No one is going to trade CJ Anderson straight up for Sterling Shepard after CJ's week 1.

When I propose a trade, I'm looking for a deal that I think will make both teams better or another reasonable person could think it makes both teams better. The other person might not always agree and sometimes there's not a deal to be made, but that's the goal. At the very least you should expect them to be actually starting the players you are trading away.

For example, my team is lacking WRs but is deep on RBs and mediocre on TEs, so a good trade for me is to trade either a top tier RB for a top tier WR or for two WR2's and maybe a WR3/4 with upside.

It also helps not to be too attached to any player. A lot of people get too attached to a big name player who's scoring a lot of points. Sure Antonio Brown is a great WR, but if you're starting Tim Hightower and Darren Sproles in RB, you'd be better off dealing him for RB depth and plugging in somebody mid range in his spot.

Edit: My best ever trade was dealing Doug Martin when he came off a 50 pt game followed by a 30'ish point game. I was able to get RB2 and two WR2's value on a team hurt by injuries. The other dude was trying to consolidate his depth as he pushed into the playoffs. People complained about the trade saying I gave away too much but I ended up winning the season.

Compbros

The trade I was offered was incredibly fair but I'm looking for immediate upgrade and not potential. My team is full of potentially great players so I don't need another at RB.

It's probably because people don't really know each other.

When I propose a trade, I'm looking for a deal that I think will make both teams better or another reasonable person could think it makes both teams better. The other person might not always agree and sometimes there's not a deal to be made, but that's the goal. At the very least you should expect them to be actually starting the players you are trading away.

Totally agree with your points, though the one thing I would add is to try to imagine the other side's lineup when you do. Great, you're offering me a RB3 and WR3, but I have to drop one of my own WR3s to even take the deal?

Visualizing their lineup (and maybe even explaining that) goes a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom