• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2016 |OT| Make Fantasy Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably because people don't really know each other.

Also, most people (in general) just don't have a philosophy conducive to trading. Most of the trade offers I have gotten so far have been ones where the other person is clearly hoping I'm an idiot. No one is going to trade CJ Anderson straight up for Sterling Shepard after CJ's week 1.

When I propose a trade, I'm looking for a deal that I think will make both teams better or another reasonable person could think it makes both teams better. The other person might not always agree and sometimes there's not a deal to be made, but that's the goal. At the very least you should expect them to be actually starting the players you are trading away.

For example, my team is lacking WRs but is deep on RBs and mediocre on TEs, so a good trade for me is to trade either a top tier RB for a top tier WR or for two WR2's and maybe a WR3/4 with upside.

It also helps not to be too attached to any player. A lot of people get too attached to a big name player who's scoring a lot of points. Sure Antonio Brown is a great WR, but if you're starting Tim Hightower and Darren Sproles in RB, you'd be better off dealing him for RB depth and plugging in somebody mid range in his spot.

Edit: My best ever trade was dealing Doug Martin when he came off a 50 pt game followed by a 30'ish point game. I was able to get RB2 and two WR2's value on a team hurt by injuries. The other dude was trying to consolidate his depth as he pushed into the playoffs. People complained about the trade saying I gave away too much but I ended up winning the season.
I completely agree, especially with the bold. I usually like to follow the strategy to trade someone on my team that'll likely just ride my flex or bench to a team where they'll clearly start and vice versa, or maybe send out a 1 for 1 trade to let them know I'm interested and wait for a counter offer.

Compbros

Didn't wanna double post, moving to a new post.

I have noticed a lot of people reluctant to do trade to people they only know fleetingly or to suggest outlandish stuff hoping to catch someone unaware. I tend not to propose a lot of trades with leagues like this because I don't want someone to feel like I'm playing them or think they're dumb. For example, in this league I was planning on offering Luck, Benjamin, and Marvin Jones for Eli and David Johnson. Big upgrade at QB, big downgrade at RB but they have 3 good RBs behind Johnson, good WRs to help with their depth there especially with Thomas hurt. I decided against it for my own reservations on Johnson but it seems like a fair deal. At the same time I don't know how the owner feels or thinks and they could look at this like I'm trying to get one over on them.

I have noticed a lot of people reluctant to do trade to people they only know fleetingly or to suggest outlandish stuff hoping to catch someone unaware. I tend not to propose a lot of trades with leagues like this because I don't want someone to feel like I'm playing them or think they're dumb. For example, in this league I was planning on offering Luck, Benjamin, and Marvin Jones for Eli and David Johnson. Big upgrade at QB, big downgrade at RB but they have 3 good RBs behind Johnson, good WRs to help with their depth there especially with Thomas hurt. I decided against it for my own reservations on Johnson but it seems like a fair deal. At the same time I don't know how the owner feels or thinks and they could look at this like I'm trying to get one over on them.
Yeah that's the tricky part, but as long as it isn't obviously bad like that Shepard for CJ trade offer I don't think anyone would be offended. Just gotta hope the other team is either willing to work with you or will at least let you know why they aren't interested. I'd just be sure to put your reasoning or what you're looking for in the message

Edit: man it must be nice to be in GJL3! Y'all already seem a lot more active trade wise than the other leagues

Anyone want Woodhead, Rawls and/or Michaels, and Snead for a TE in GJL3? I'm probably going to drop one of Seattle RBs to get a backup DEF after this week.

I have trouble trading due to previously bad leagues I've been in in the past. I'd offer a trade I think is fair, and the other person would use the chat to shit talk how bad the trade offer is to turn everyone in the group against me. It's something I'm trying to get over in new leagues.

KingV

Haha, that's my team. I'd consider that trade.

KingV

Anyone want Woodhead, Rawls and/or Michaels, and Snead for a TE in GJL3? I'm probably going to drop one of Seattle RBs to get a backup DEF after this week.

If I were you I'd keep it where you are. You already have Antonio Gates. And his usage should go up witg Keenan Allen out. You might find out you already have a top 5 TE.

Also. I don't recommend a backup defense. D/ST points are not predictable at all and they are usually the first to get dropped in bye weeks. It's usually viable to stream defenses all season unless you are in a 16 team league.

I'd rather have a player on my bench who is 1 injury away from a big role.

KingV

Looking at it now.....I may actually take it.

I'd understand either way. I feel good about David Johnson this year, especially in PPR, so it's hard to see him go. On the other hand, I'd be happy to get luck and a little more wr depth.

If I were you I'd keep it where you are. You already have Antonio Gates. And his usage should go up witg Keenan Allen out. You might find out you already have a top 5 TE.

Also. I don't recommend a backup defense. D/ST points are not predictable at all and they are usually the first to get dropped in bye weeks. It's usually viable to stream defenses all season unless you are in a 16 team league.

I'd rather have a player on my bench who is 1 injury away from a big role.

I was thinking of it from more of a balanced perspective. Most of my successful teams in the past have been not streaming defenses or at least having a backup TE. But I guess I'll wait until Gates bye week to see what's out there.

I think what would help is if people used the Trading Block more to show what players they're willing to trade and what they're looking for.

I think he's just hoping his opponent is crazy enough to bench Langford after he had 95+% of the RB snaps in Week 1 because his defense is Chicago's opponent...

I think he's crazy to play antithetical players. Langford does good, Philly D does bad. It doesn't make any sense. You think you'd come up with a better strategy when you're playing the #1 team in the league....I guess not.

He should get a better defense. Play Langford(I would)...I wouldn't play Philly's D especially when I'm running offensive players against that D. It works 1 time out of 100.

wbsmcs

I think he's crazy to play antithetical players. Langford does good, Philly D does bad. It doesn't make any sense. You think you'd come up with a better strategy when you're playing the #1 team in the league....I guess not.

He should get a better defense. Play Langford(I would)...I wouldn't play Philly's D especially when I'm running offensive players against that D. It works 1 time out of 100.

Last week Vikings D scored 21 points, Demarco Murray had 2 touchdowns. Yea, he could pick up a better defense, but I bet Philly D has a better chance to score a TD this week than most teams.

He should get a better defense. Play Langford(I would)...I wouldn't play Philly's D especially when I'm running offensive players against that D.

Man, that's the definition of overthinking a situation right there.... If the defense is good, they'll get their points. If the player is good, they'll get their points. Simple as that.

And don't let that Week 1 win get to your head, man

Just remembered to update my Trading Block. I'd suggest everyone else do the same

You gonna beat me in points this week? Will anyone? Ha.

Had to check to see if I was even playing you this week
KuGsj.gif

One week at a time! And you may wanna focus on Putin first: he's already projected to beat you!

Edit: holy crap, trying to figure out an even trade is tough...

I feel like Yahoo projections is the #1 enemy in trade offers.

"?!?! But I'd score 40 less points this year!! This is a terrible trade!"

That's exactly what's going on right now with me trying to figure out an even trade... I'm using the CBS trade value chart and FantasyPros to figure out if it's an even trade, and once I finally get it close and get ready to send it in Yahoo the differential gets crazy. The projections for the players down the road are just bad and make trades seem a lot worse than they are

Edit: sent out a few trade offers in the Premier league! Feel free to counter if I sent you one, and if not feel free to send me an offer! I'm straight up looking for a WR2, and I feel I sent some very fair offers so if I offend I'm sorry. Feel free to let me know if you're interested in anyone on my team at all for future reference as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom