• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

roytheone

We are picking final fantasy characters?
Dibs on red XIII!

red-xiii2.png

Look at him! He looks cool as shit!

Sawneeks

Banned
Probably Darryl. Maybe Ouro.

You'd be the talkative lancer character, Rats would be the stoic tactician, swamps and yenny would be the peppy ninjas (like Yuffie or Rikku), Coppa would be the beleagured ranger, Hyper and Sawneeks would be expert mages, Launchpad and Splinter would be the no-nonsense soldiers, and I would be a Tifa-esque fighter. It'd be rad.

iZcUNxH.gif

nin1000

Banned
Greetings from Fantasyland! I'm holding down a table near Small World, waiting for one group that went to get Dinner and another group that went for frozen lemonade. It is hot and humid.

On Land vs World - World is better, but so much more expensive that I will take Land just about any day of the week. However, my wife reeeeaaallly wants to go to World in a couple years for our tenth anniversary.

Final Fantasy - Can I be Sabin? He's my favorite.

Hold onto that Phone !

This is tough, would I be the useless villain who thinks he is a bigger bad than he actually is, or that one party member that no one uses?

I mean I did lose us the DG game...

You can be Steiner. People poke fun but we all actually love you.

Thanks that's awesome.

Coincidentally, first time through FFIX I never used Steiner unless I was required. I thought amarant/Salamander was awesome and used freya or quina until I got him in the party.

Sorian

Banned
FFIX was probably the first RPG where I actually rotated characters as much as possible. Except for Quina, I enjoyed everyone.

Ourobolus

Banned
Palmer should be Gestahl. All-powerful for quite a long time, until 3 statues finally decided to vote him off the island floating continent.

roytheone

I never completed a Final fantasy game, so to be honest, of like 80 % of those names I have no idea who it is. Of the 4 final fantasy games I tried to play, I stopped halfway either because I had to grind to continue (IV), the game became to hard (tactics), I got bored with it (VII), or because I died during a boss fight and had to re-watch a 5 minute unskipable cutscene before I could retry the fight (Crisis core).

Coppanuva

I never completed a Final fantasy game, so to be honest, of like 80 % of those names I have no idea who it is. Of the 4 final fantasy games I tried to play, I stopped halfway either because I had to grind to continue (IV), the game became to hard (tactics), I got bored with it (VII), or because I died during a boss fight and had to re-watch a 5 minute unskipable cutscene before I could retry the fight (Crisis core).

Awww... is there an asleep character we can give roytheone then?

Also Blargonaut is Ultros. No other options.

Sorian

Banned
I do REALLY like Chrono trigger though, so if you are OK with a bit out of universe characters you could give me Frog. That would also give me the best music theme of you all by far.

No Roy, this is final fantasy time, if we were doing cross universe shenanigans then I would be Yuri or Sora but we aren't. Just for that, I assign you Gau.

roytheone

No Roy, this is final fantasy time, if we were doing cross universe shenanigans then I would be Yuri or Sora but we aren't. Just for that, I assign you Gau.

I just wanted to give myself another reason to listen to Frog's theme again. CAN YOU REALLY BLAME ME FOR THAT?

I'm in the same boat. Got partway through VII and just stopped. Never played any of the other ones.

nin1000

Banned

Time to play the true king of Final Fantasy then.

Final Fantasy VI

Sorian

Banned
his ban get lifted early? Or maybe the banned undername thing is bugged for me.

Nah, he's still banned but it's up tomorrow. Haly just talked to him yesterday as well:

crabhelmet: i am unbanned tomorrow
crabhelmet: you know what that means kids!?!?!
anime is haram: it means more 1000 word posts browbeating us into submission for being bad at a party game
crabhelmet: correct!

........and actually no, you're right, he is unbanned already. Crab-senpai, come to us.

........and actually no, you're right, he is unbanned already. Crab-senpai, come to us.

Maybe he didn't notice. Been unbanned since 11am for me (2:43pm right now for me). Only reason I noticed is because the browser loads from page 1 when I come to the thread.

Top Bottom