• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
I last went to Disney World almost 5 years ago (goodness, that would've been my last year of high school) and I remember really enjoying the Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster. I also really liked the Lilo and Stitch ride that replaced the Alien Encounter attraction because Lilo and Stitch is the best non-Pixar Disney film of all time and I will fight you if you say otherwise.

Never been to Disneyland before, though I hear it's not as exciting as World so I'm in no real rush to see it.

World's definitely better. Disneyland is a few blocks in the middle of downtown Anaheim, while Disney World is literally its own government district. You could easily spend a week there and never leave the grounds.

Sorian

Banned
Man, I haven't been to Disneyworld since I was like 3, everyone has always told me that land is better so I've just always lived under that assumption. Is my life a lie?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
World is better, but land is better maintained. All the rides in land are smoother, but the overall experience and atmosphere of world makes up for it.

Swamped

Banned
I recently had a conference at Disneyland. It was definitely weird/cool to see people in formal suits along with Goofy and Minnie.

roytheone

OMG fellow Efteling fan! Used to love that place so much, always begged my parents to take me there. Vogelrok was one of my favorite rides.

I didn't expect anyone to even know what de Efteling was, let alone someone that has actually been there! Outside of the vogelrok, I also really like the pirana. My family had a year card when I was a kid, and the park is an half hour drive away, so we went A LOT.

All of my Nope. I've done Splash Mountain and Space Mountain, (which is what Vogelrok sounds like,) and they both terrify me. Space Mountain especially, because I'm a fairly tall guy and it basically ends up with me screaming into the darkness while shadowy rafters appear to fly toward my head and swoop away at the last second.

Don't think that would be a problem with the Vogelrok. We dutchies are the tallest people on the earth, so all things here are designed with tall people in mind. You may think you are a fairly tall guy, but I bet that if you lived here you would just be average length. I am 1,82 meters long, and that is completely normal here.

Also, I never been to a Disney park unfortunately. I did went to Paris on a school trip, but we didn't visit Disneyland Paris :(

Sorian

Banned
Don't think that would be a problem with the Vogelrok. We dutchies are the tallest people on the earth, so all things here are designed with tall people in mind. You may think you are a fairly tall guy, but I bet that if you lived here you would just be average length. I am 1,82 meters long, and that is completely normal here.

I had to put this into google translate to get it from moonspeak to murica but it seems like this is only 5'10" which I would say is average height here? I wouldn't even really classify someone as tall unless they are 6 foot.

Edit: Male height specifically is what I'm talking about. 5'10" would fall into the tall camp for women IMO.

Double edit!: Actually wait no, you're about 6 foot yourself, read it wrong cause I was in a rush. Nevermind!

Coppanuva

World's definitely better. Disneyland is a few blocks in the middle of downtown Anaheim, while Disney World is literally its own government district. You could easily spend a week there and never leave the grounds.

Rats is right here. World is like its own little magical place, you can easily just ignore the outside news and come out if it feeling like you have no idea what's going on in the real world any more. It's so easy to get lost in that feeling and it's super immersive. I haven't been to Land yet, but World is so good I can't imagine land is better in an atmospheric sense. Rides, maybe.

I had to put this into google translate to get it from moonspeak to murica but it seems like this is only 5'10" which I would say is average height here? I wouldn't even really classify someone as tall unless they are 6 foot.

182cm is 5'11 btw. The Internet has a warped perception of height but yeah I'd say 6 feet + is tall.

Sorian

Banned
182cm is 5'11 btw. The Internet has a warped perception of height but yeah I'd say 6 feet + is tall.

Yeah, I realized that I read it wrong. It translated out to 5.97 feet or so and my brain said "oh 5 foot 9.7 inches" No clue why I read it like that, I corrected myself in an edit :p

roytheone

I never understood how to read this stuff so I looked it up, and apparently you go from 5'0 to 5'1 - 5'2 etc and you switch to 6'0 after.... 5'11. Why 11? What is wrong with 10? Why do you Americans have to make it so complicated? The metric system is so much easier!

I never understood how to read this stuff so I looked it up, and apparently you go from 5'0 to 5'1 - 5'2 etc and you switch to 6'0 after.... 5'11. Why 11? What is wrong with 10? Why do you Americans have to make it so complicated? The metric system is so much easier!

I can do both. It's pretty ez. lol

Sorian

Banned

A king at some point in time had a foot that was 12 inches long or something so a foot is 12 inches.

Oh man, they revamped Star Tours about 4 or 5 years ago and it's even better than it was before. They added more locations, better motion simulator, 3d in the ride and a bunch of other things. I'm actually curious as to what they plan to do with it because Star Wars Land is going to be way on the opposite side of the park. Wonder if they will move it.

Now I really want to go back.

I want to go to World first, though.

Ethnically, I'm (mostly) Dutch and I'm about 6'1". roy's claim checks out.

I'd love to go the Netherlands some time, just to meet people who will get my surname right on the first try. It's not even that difficult, but Americans have real trouble with it.

roytheone

Ethnically, I'm (mostly) Dutch and I'm about 6'1". roy's claim checks out.

I'd love to go the Netherlands some time, just to meet people who will get my surname right on the first try. It's not even that difficult, but Americans have real trouble with it.

Now I am kinda curious :) I doubt anyone here could get my surname right.

Sawneeks

Banned
Growing up in California I've been to Disneyland a lot but I haven't been to World yet. I plan to go one day just because I've heard a lot of things about it and it's more Disney...

But you're all wrong, Land is the superior park and everyone knows this. :p

Now I really want to go back.

I want to go to World first, though.

By the time Star Wars Land opens they will hopefully add some stuff from the new movies as well!

I've never been to Land, but it only takes us around an hour and a half to drive to World from where I live, so it was aways a pretty popular place for us to take family when they come down to visit (even if it's become less common as people have gotten older ;-; ).

Oh man, who's the brooding protagonist?

Probably Darryl. Maybe Ouro.

You'd be the talkative lancer character, Rats would be the stoic tactician, swamps and yenny would be the peppy ninjas (like Yuffie or Rikku), Coppa would be the beleagured ranger, Hyper and Sawneeks would be expert mages, Launchpad and Splinter would be the no-nonsense soldiers, and I would be a Tifa-esque fighter. It'd be rad.

Sorian

Banned
Aw yeah, I'll be everyone's favorite rat:

latest

No way is Darryl the protagonist. He's the guy who betrays you halfway through, surprising no one.

EDIT: Also, I'm offended that you would even suggest Sorian would be the lancer.

<
<
<
<
<

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
crabhelmet: i am unbanned tomorrow
crabhelmet: you know what that means kids!?!?!
anime is haram: it means more 1000 word posts browbeating us into submission for being bad at a party game
crabhelmet: correct!

crabhelmet: i am unbanned tomorrow
crabhelmet: you know what that means kids!?!?!
anime is haram: it means more 1000 word posts browbeating us into submission for being bad at a party game
crabhelmet: correct!

lol ur handles ^_____^

....tomorrow? i thought it is the 9th only in Australia....

Sorian

Banned
Crab, you're bad at not being banned. So hah.

Loser

Thought this one would be nice? Nope! Loser

Just kidd- nah, loser

Much love <3

Loser

RetroMG

Greetings from Fantasyland! I'm holding down a table near Small World, waiting for one group that went to get Dinner and another group that went for frozen lemonade. It is hot and humid.

On Land vs World - World is better, but so much more expensive that I will take Land just about any day of the week. However, my wife reeeeaaallly wants to go to World in a couple years for our tenth anniversary.

Final Fantasy - Can I be Sabin? He's my favorite.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Real talk: I actually think It's a Small World is pretty awesome.
Anyone over the age of thirteen knows this to be true. It's a true classic, just like the tiki room.

Real Talk: Tiki room is dated and kinda boring, but for some reason I can't help but like it.

On the final fantasy front: Does this make me the secret side quest character who you need a strategy guide to recruit and has no bearing on the plot whatsoever?

Coppanuva

Probably Darryl. Maybe Ouro.

You'd be the talkative lancer character, Rats would be the stoic tactician, swamps and yenny would be the peppy ninjas (like Yuffie or Rikku), Coppa would be the beleagured ranger, Hyper and Sawneeks would be expert mages, Launchpad and Splinter would be the no-nonsense soldiers, and I would be a Tifa-esque fighter. It'd be rad.
Wait if I'm a ranger am I like a generic fft one, one of the ff3/5 jobs, or Fran? There's not many other rangers...

Top Bottom