• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
I mentioned it in the dead thread for the current game, but I'll say it here. Life has taken a very stressful turn lately and I'm not going to be able to keep up with things on a regular basis. I'll need to take a break as a player and moderator.

On the other hand, I made a commitment to help the next round's mods and I intend to fulfill that.

Coppanuva

I mentioned it in the dead thread for the current game, but I'll say it here. Life has taken a very stressful turn lately and I'm not going to be able to keep up with things on a regular basis. I'll need to take a break as a player and moderator.

On the other hand, I made a commitment to help the next round's mods and I intend to fulfill that.

Hope that gets cleared up for you soon man, you'll be missed in the meantime!

roytheone

Now I feel bad about threatening to do unspeakable things to your taco :( I hope things will quiet down for you soon!

RetroMG

Dude, I've been there. Hope everything quiets down for you soon.

Sawneeks

Banned
If this helps, a Vita TV is like $35 at Amazon. Get a memory card for like $15-20 for a small one, and you're good to go.

Really?? I didn't know the Vita TV fell in price that fast, geez. I'll look into it though, thanks Retro.

I still talk a lot about that one, because every time it is on sale on psn, there are people asking if they should buy the vita version of the Jak collection. I see it as my sworn duty to warn everyone that want to buy that game TO NOT DO IT, IT IS TERRIBLE. Seriously, it is one of the worst ports I have ever played, and since I am mainly a pc only player that is saying something because I have played my fair share of bad ports.

It should be a public duty to inform the misguided about that collection. The Sly collection was amazing, the Ratchet and Clank one had some issues but was still great, but the Jak collection? Urrggg, I'm still not sure how they messed that up. It's a shame too because those games were pretty good on PS2. :(

Sorian

Banned
Great......So the discussion thread will now also become at least 50 pages long?

I mean, be honest with me sorian: currently, which percentage of all the post in the gafia mafia death thread are from you?

Well we're at 1155 posts right now and I'm willing to take credit for 30% of them. There may be more and there may be less.

RetroMG

Really?? I didn't know the Vita TV fell in price that fast, geez. I'll look into it though, thanks Retro.

I forgot to add a controller in there, but yeah, they're pretty cheap nowadays.

So I'm heading to California tomorrow, which brings me to a fun discussion question: (As long as we're all just hanging out)

Favorite Disney Amusement Park Show or Ride, Gafia-GAF. What is it?
(It can also be non-Disney, I guess.)

Mine is Pirates of the Caribbean. Even after they Johnny Depp-ified it. It's nice and dark and cool but it's got the drops at the beginning which are fun and the rest of the ride is just... nice.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

So I'm heading to California tomorrow, which brings me to a fun discussion question: (As long as we're all just hanging out)

Mine is Pirates of the Caribbean. Even after they Johnny Depp-ified it. It's nice and dark and cool but it's got the drops at the beginning which are fun and the rest of the ride is just... nice.
Rock N' Rollercoaster staring Areosmith. So fast, so smooth, much rock!

Coppanuva

All mine will be from Disney World since I've yet to visit Land. I plan to someday soon though!

Captain EO is my favorite show to watch. Yes it's just a 3D movie with dated effects and all, but it's amazing! Michael Jacksons frees an entire planet thorugh the power of song and dance! And wears a shirt that looks like an ad for colgate! It's goofy fun and the best.

I like Splash Mountain a lot since I love Log Flumes, and I also like the other coasters in Magic Kingcom since they do a pretty good job of balancing intensity vs enjoyment for me.

Tower of Terror is on the list simply because I'm a huge fan of the Twilight Zone and the themeing and easter eggs hidden in the queue are ridiculously detailed.

roytheone

I will have a weird dutch answer to this question: I really like the Vogelrok in de Efteling. It's a rollercoaster pretty much completely in the dark, it's great, and I don't actually like rollercoasters that much! It helps that I live only a half hour drive away from de Efteling, so it is pretty easy for me to go there.

Sawneeks

Banned

Do you know if PS4 controllers work with it or only PS3? I can probably dig up a PS3 one somewhere if I can't though.

You picked the worst best time to come out here. 100 degree weather all weekend!
:(

Best ride? Indian Jones: Temple of the Forbidden Eye, hands down. The only downside are the horrifyingly long lines.

Show? Fantasmic is really good and I know a lot of people swear by World of Color but I have yet to see it in person.

Terrabyte20xx

Do you know if PS4 controllers work with it or only PS3? I can probably dig up a PS3 one somewhere if I can't though.

You picked the worst best time to come out here. 100 degree weather all weekend!

Best ride? Indian Jones: Temple of the Forbidden Eye, hands down. The only downside are the horrifyingly long lines.

Show? Fantasmic is really good and I know a lot of people swear by World of Color but I have yet to see it in person.
World of Color is really good, but it definitely has a selective memory history of Walt's vision for his theme parks. They focus on the 'fun for kids and adults alike' when it was more than just that. He was really all about being at the forefront of industry and technology, and wanted to use his parks as a test platform for plausible applications of new tech, kinda like a never ending Worlds fair. That probably won't bother 99.9% of the people watching the show, but it did bug me as a huge fan of the man himself.

Swamped

Banned
I will have a weird dutch answer to this question: I really like the Vogelrok in de Efteling. It's a rollercoaster pretty much completely in the dark, it's great, and I don't actually like rollercoasters that much! It helps that I live only a half hour drive away from de Efteling, so it is pretty easy for me to go there.

OMG fellow Efteling fan! Used to love that place so much, always begged my parents to take me there. Vogelrok was one of my favorite rides.

Do you know if PS4 controllers work with it or only PS3? I can probably dig up a PS3 one somewhere if I can't

Yep, works with DS4!

RetroMG

Captain EO is my favorite show to watch. Yes it's just a 3D movie with dated effects and all, but it's amazing! Michael Jacksons frees an entire planet thorugh the power of song and dance! And wears a shirt that looks like an ad for colgate! It's goofy fun and the best.

Disneyland doesn't have EO anymore, but they use the theater for previews of upcoming movies. (They've had Guardians of the Galaxy, Tomorrowland, and I think Big Hero 6) They do all the lighting effects, rumbling floors, the whole works.

I've often said that I would pay good money to watch an entire film in that theater.

I like Splash Mountain a lot since I love Log Flumes, and I also like the other coasters in Magic Kingcom since they do a pretty good job of balancing intensity vs enjoyment for me.

Tower of Terror is on the list simply because I'm a huge fan of the Twilight Zone and the themeing and easter eggs hidden in the queue are ridiculously detailed.

All of my Nope. I've done Splash Mountain and Space Mountain, (which is what Vogelrok sounds like,) and they both terrify me. Space Mountain especially, because I'm a fairly tall guy and it basically ends up with me screaming into the darkness while shadowy rafters appear to fly toward my head and swoop away at the last second.

Not even doing Tower of Terror. I know better.

Do you know if PS4 controllers work with it or only PS3? I can probably dig up a PS3 one somewhere if I can't though. [/SPOILER]

Yes, either will work. I actually want to buy a PS4 controller for mine, so I can use it to remote play Destiny.

I know! :( The weather looked great last week, then a couple days ago the forecast shot up. Sad thing is, I'm leaving Arizona, which is apparently going to have a pleasant, cool weekend, for California which is going to be hot.

I love that ride! I just hate the ball part at the end. Like Space Mountain, it ties into the irrational fear of bashing my head against the ride.

I've seen regular World of Color and the Holiday one. I haven't seen the new one, but I probably will this trip. I'm actually REALLY excited for the new fireworks show and new parade in Disneyland.

World of Color is really good, but it definitely has a selective memory history of Walt's vision for his theme parks. They focus on the 'fun for kids and adults alike' when it was more than just that. He was really all about being at the forefront of industry and technology, and wanted to use his parks as a test platform for plausible applications of new tech, kinda like a never ending Worlds fair. That probably won't bother 99.9% of the people watching the show, but it did bug me as a huge fan of the man himself.

A while back there were rumors that Innoventions was going to be completely redone to be like the Stark Expo from Iron Man 2. (Which was in turn a nod towards the Worlds Fair and Disney himself.) I thought that was the coolest idea, and I love Innoventions. I guess now it's being temporarily made into a Star Wars area until the actual Star Wars Land is ready, which will still probably be cool, but I'll miss Innoventions.

Ourobolus

Banned
Hey, I'm heading to Cali on Saturday for a wedding in San Fran. Then the wife and I are spending the week exploring the National Parks until we fly out of LA on the 17th.

Star Tours at Disneyland is badass. It's amazing, the sense of motion you get just sitting on a rotating platform.

The Cars ride is amazing, just from a technical perspective. The animatronics are unbelievable, and it's impressive how they turned a whole corner of the park into a super realistic desert canyon.

Tower of Terror is pretty dope. Live a little, Retro!

This is all pretty fresh in my mind because my dad took me and my sister's family to Disneyland last year. My nieces met Anna and Elsa (after my brother-in-law waited in line for 2+ hours) and it was the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

Also, I can't fucking wait for the Star Wars park to open up. Me and my sister were total freaks for Star Wars growing up. Only one of her two daughters is into it, though. Can't win 'em all.

Sawneeks

Banned
^ Absolutely can't wait for all the Star Wars stuff they are putting in! It won't be done for probably 4 or 5 years but when it's finally finished I am so going. Which reminds me, if any of you guys are going to Disneyland after November 17th they are supposed to be starting some 'Season of the Force' thing. Space Mountain becomes a Star Wars-themed ride, characters walking around the park, and some prop museum is supposed to be put up, probably in the Innoventions House where all the Marvel stuff currently is. Either way get ready for the Star Wars takeover.

That's what all of Disneyland has turned into tbh. The last time I heard Walt being called an Innovator and wanting to make the park like the Worlds Fair was in Innoventions back in '07 when the bottom half still moved. You don't really get any of that now unless you look for it in the park itself.

Yes, either will work. I actually want to buy a PS4 controller for mine, so I can use it to remote play Destiny.

Good to know!

I know! :( The weather looked great last week, then a couple days ago the forecast shot up. Sad thing is, I'm leaving Arizona, which is apparently going to have a pleasant, cool weekend, for California which is going to be hot.

That's California weather for you; goes from 78 and rainy to 101 in the span of 5 days with very little warning. Anaheim shouldn't be too bad though, it's generally cooler there than it is in the surrounding areas. :)

meaning instead of it being 101 it will be like 95 so you'll melt just a little slower.

I love that ride! I just hate the ball part at the end. Like Space Mountain, it ties into the irrational fear of bashing my head against the ride.

I've seen regular World of Color and the Holiday one. I haven't seen the new one, but I probably will this trip. I'm actually REALLY excited for the new fireworks show and new parade in Disneyland.

A while back there were rumors that Innoventions was going to be completely redone to be like the Stark Expo from Iron Man 2. (Which was in turn a nod towards the Worlds Fair and Disney himself.) I thought that was the coolest idea, and I love Innoventions. I guess now it's being temporarily made into a Star Wars area until the actual Star Wars Land is ready, which will still probably be cool, but I'll miss Innoventions.

The boulder at the end still gets me every time, especially when sitting in the front of the jeep. Still, the atmosphere on that ride is incredible, I love it when you first enter the whole main cave with the music and fire going off. Also never look into Space Mountain videos with the lights on, that ride is a jumble of steel beams and I'm surprised no one has hit their head!

Lucky! I'm actually going in early December so I hope to catch it as well but I've heard it's pretty good, it's supposed to be very similar to the original just with some added scenes in it. Although that new electric light parade is also supposed to be their best one yet. Knowing Disney that's probably true but...I don't know how it can beat some of their other parades.

The Innoventions House did hold a bunch of Marvel stuff for a while. Most of it were Xbox 360 games, the Asimo robot exhibit, and a few Iron Man suits!

Hey, I'm heading to Cali on Saturday for a wedding in San Fran. Then the wife and I are spending the week exploring the National Parks until we fly out of LA on the 17th.

Well you won't have to worry about melting just yet! Once you step out of San Fran though..?

RIP Ouro.

I actually just got back from a day trip to Disney last week (last Thursday exactly)

My wife and I took our kids and they "stayed up late" for the mickey's not-so-scary halloween party. So much fun, I strongly recommend this extras. We did the very merry Christmas party last year and it was great (I met Scrooge Mcduck). The Halloween party had an amazing parade and nightine show.

As far as rides? I love splash mountain and space mountain. Big fan of "large barge" flumes, and I love the splash mountain themeing (seriously it's a shame how racist song of the south is, bred rabbit is awesome).

Space mountain is fun, and I love riding it. Take the glasses off and just enjoy the colors and darkness. If it was still at Disney world, Mr toads wild ride...

Went to Disneyland almost 20 years ago. My favourite ride was the Autopia haha. Star Tours was dope. Not a fan of roller coasters so didn't do any of those "scarier" rides. Pirates of the Carribean was okay but I don't like getting wet (I'm weird okay). Stayed outside to watch my baby brother when the rest of us went to see Indiana Jones so I missed that too.

I want to go back when the Star Wars park opens.

*Splinter

I think Space Mountain scarred my younger brother, which was obviously hilarious to me

Until Tower of Terror scarred me

And no "scarred" isn't a typo

I thought Space Mountain was pretty lame when I was 12 or so. It was closed when we were at Disneyland last year, and I wasn't bummed at all.

Disney parks aren't about thrilling rides, anyway. There are far better options for that. You go to Disney for theatrics, and nobody does it better.

Sorian

Banned
Disney parks aren't about thrilling rides, anyway. There are far better options for that. You go to Disney for theatrics, and nobody does it better.

I thought I went to be overcharged and underwhelmed. Zing!

Yeah, sorry, I'll take a Magic Mountain over a Disneyland any day. The world of colors show was really cool last time I went though, I'll give it that.

Sawneeks

Banned
Went to Disneyland almost 20 years ago. My favourite ride was the Autopia haha. Star Tours was dope. Not a fan of roller coasters so didn't do any of those "scarier" rides. Pirates of the Carribean was okay but I don't like getting wet (I'm weird okay). Stayed outside to watch my baby brother when the rest of us went to see Indiana Jones so I missed that too.

I want to go back when the Star Wars park opens.

Oh man, they revamped Star Tours about 4 or 5 years ago and it's even better than it was before. They added more locations, better motion simulator, 3d in the ride and a bunch of other things. I'm actually curious as to what they plan to do with it because Star Wars Land is going to be way on the opposite side of the park. Wonder if they will move it.

Don't worry, my flight lands in Oakland, so I expect to not even make it to San Francisco.

At that point the heat is the least of your worries! Might as well just give up now.

Yeah, sorry, I'll take a Magic Mountain over a Disneyland any day. The world of colors show was really cool last time I went though, I'll give it that.

A person's enjoyment of a Disney park is directly proportional to their affinity for the Disney brand. I was raised on Disney. "The Happiest Place On Earth" isn't just a slogan to me.

I haven't been in 10 years but I've gone like 5 times so I probably needed a break (also those tickets are frigging expensive. It literally brought into view how much money my dad was making at the time if we could go 5 times no problem)

Sawneeks

Banned

Being overcharged is part of the experience! All in that Disney Magic.

And hey, you can take Magic Mountain any day. I live rather close to one and I never understood the excitement around it, it's only an okay Park.

I like a good coaster-focused park, but it's incomparable to the Disney experience. One is a place with a bunch of rides. The other is like stepping into an entirely different world.

Terrabyte20xx

A person's enjoyment of a Disney park is directly proportional to their affinity for the Disney brand. I was raised on Disney. "The Happiest Place On Earth" isn't just a slogan to me.

This is true. Disney parks will always been my favorites, no matter how many times I visit.
For sure.

I know that Walt Disney World will always be my favorite because of the memories I made with my family. My uncle has a time share that we help pay for when he let's us use it. It's almost become a tradition to go every other year because of it.

Top Bottom