• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF MLB League Thread: The Curse of Bagwell..

Dez

LOL, I hit for the cycle with Rios in that game.

NAME AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K
A. Rios (RF) 6 3 5 1 1 2 4 0 1

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My 5th starter is being changed to Chris Sampson cause he was just given the job today...Nieve am cry.

I wonder if ill ever play a league game again,I forgot how to play the game :lol

Zep

Banned
lol konex can be stopped?! playing my games with storybook now.

Matrix, who is your next opponent?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
KarishBHR,a 3 game series with him.

He had a 1 game series with someone before our game,I believe it was the SanjuroTsubaki and they never played.I think it was switched to him playing sefskillz instead and im still waiting for 1 game to be played.

I tried to get KarishBHR to respond to my posts in here and he never did,I wanted to play our series since SanjuroTsubaki wasnt around to play.

I buy these games mostly for online league play and I think I havent played 1 league game in 2 weeks....im not even sure anymore.

Matrix

Yea sure Konex,I need practice.

WTF my last league game was March 18th,this is f-ing absurd :lol Friggin April 1st now.

Konex where should we meet? Im ready to play.

Matrix

Matrix

GG's Konex,damn im rusty as hell.

Got f-ing pwned that first game.

Zep

Banned
**** U TOM GORDON!!! **** YOU UP THE ASS YO PIECE OF SHIT

Next time i face larry, im gonna injury his bitch ass for good!N OICN)(@EN@MN) M@NW!!!H(_@!HBN@@#@#E+#C+@#+@@

Big Zep said:
**** U TOM GORDON!!! **** YOU UP THE ASS YO PIECE OF SHIT

Next time i face larry, im gonna injury his bitch ass for good!N OICN)(@EN@MN) M@NW!!!H(_@!HBN@@#@#E+#C+@#+@@

You shouldn't have beaned him in the first place....pissed him off. Gotta love the 2-run walk off HR.

Pheeniks,

Are you ready to face the wrath of Larry "Chipper" Jones? :D

Oh, and Zep, I'm still waiting on that ass whoopin' to get handed to me! :lol

storybook77 said:
Pheeniks,

Are you ready to face the wrath of Larry "Chipper" Jones? :D

Oh, and Zep, I'm still waiting on that ass whoopin' to get handed to me! :lol

We can play our series now? I can play now.

My aim is "the pheeniks" let me know if you can...

DM if you can start our series tonight in honor of opening day let me know. I'll be able to play late this evening (probably around 11 EST)...

Cloudy

Banned
Nah, he just subbed for CK.

On a related note, I think everyone needs to switch to pinpoint pitching.

Bluemax was throwing a lot of legit stuff trying to paint the corners but just missed outside more often than not and basically I didn't get much to hit in either game...

Dez

Cloudy said:

Bluemax was throwing a lot of legit stuff trying to paint the corners but just missed outside more often than not and basically I didn't get much to hit in either game...

I think the league would be much better if there were more balls being thrown. If it was harder to pitch exactly where you want to, then we wouldn't be swinging at every pitch. Unfortunately the game wasn't designed that way. The only thing you could do is put the pitching interface speed at 100.

Also, I don't think pinpoint pitching would prevent people from trying to paint the corners, and missing. Most of us know our pitchers well enough to know how far and in what direction the ball breaks. It's just a matter of preference.

Matrix

Cloudy said:

haha konex in our 2nd game lastnight you threw 82 pitches,12 balls with pinpoint.

I tossed 57 pitches,no balls with breakpoint :lol

that doesnt fly.

Zep

Banned
Yea, I cant tweak hitting anymore...its at a point where if I lowered it anymore hits would be impossible. My next step would be pitch speed and we dont want that :lol

bluemax

Banned
20 hits in 2 games is nothing to hit? Come on Konex. In the first game you tried to get cute every time you got the lead off double and it didn't work. In the second game you hit into 4 double plays, including one where it was hit to deep center and another on a line drive to the short stop where you started running after I caught and a third where I struck you out and then caught you stealing.

Just because you can't win when you don't hit a bunch of home runs doesn't mean I wasn't giving you anything to hit.

I haven't had complaints from the Cubs, Brewers or Padres on my pitching yet but if they want to say I'm doing something wrong then I'll try and fix it.

Cloudy

Banned
Dez said:
I think the league would be much better if there were more balls being thrown. If it was harder to pitch exactly where you want to, then we wouldn't be swinging at every pitch. Unfortunately the game wasn't designed that way. The only thing you could do is put the pitching interface speed at 100.

Also, I don't think pinpoint pitching would prevent people from trying to paint the corners, and missing. Most of us know our pitchers well enough to know how far and in what direction the ball breaks. It's just a matter of preference.

I dunno what the solution is but I kinda get frustrated when I'm giving my opponent pitches to hit and I barely get anything. I know he was trying to put most if it in the k-zone but a lot were just outside and unless it was A-Rod or Jeter, I was swinging at air :lol

Just because you can't win when you don't hit a bunch of home runs doesn't mean I wasn't giving you anything to hit.

Eh, maybe you're right but my pitchers were giving up homers >_< [/bitter]

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
AkaBalla said:
Series 1
Florida @ Milwakee
Pheeniks and I just tried to play and it says 0 games remaining and won't let us play. Dunno whats going on, pheeniks checked the schedule and we never play, so I guess you can take us off the 'calling out for slacking' list :)

Series 1 was supposed to be me vs. san diego...and I've contacted him several times on AIM, no response, and no posting here either :(

AkaBalla

sefskillz said:
Pheeniks and I just tried to play and it says 0 games remaining and won't let us play. Dunno whats going on, pheeniks checked the schedule and we never play, so I guess you can take us off the 'calling out for slacking' list :)

Well i actually noticed that game wasnt supposed to be there so i edited the schedule.. It was there when i made that post, disregard it

bluemax

Banned
pheeniks said:
Series 1 was supposed to be me vs. san diego...and I've contacted him several times on AIM, no response, and no posting here either :(

I've managed to play him twice I think. He's tough to get a hold of just keep IMing him.

Also Konex, you didn't say anything about my pitching when we scrimmaged in the preseason and you clobbered me with the Yankees. Other than getting better at the timing I haven't changed my strategy much at all since then.

You're not gonna win every game :p

Cloudy

Banned
You're not gonna win every game :p

I didn't pick the Yankees to be a .500 team!

geor.jpg

bluemax

Banned
Cloudy said:
I didn't pick the Yankees to be a .500 team!

geor.jpg

Hire a base running coach!

Also why put Phillips at DH and Roidambi at first? I haven't looked at their ratings but isn't Phillips better at defense?

Hey everyone, I'm going to help schedule the rest of the season for all of the teams. If you have scheduling concerns (i.e. playing the same team twice) send me a pm and I will be able to address the problem faster. I'm going to be working on the schedule over the next few days and I have all ready made quite a few changes. I'll do my best to make sure everyone has a fair schedule, so be patient.

DCX

DCX
Here's an update for me. I will be moving into a new place the weekend of the 14 and 15. I won't have internet access til the 19th, so i can play some games up until then, and would be available to play afterwards.

DCX

Matrix

BirdBomb said:
this is getting boring. i haven't played a game in FOREVER...

My last league game was March 18th,I dont even consider myself part of this league anymore.

Matrix said:
My last league game was March 18th,I dont even consider myself part of this league anymore.

Damn man that's harsh. You should just play ahead if you can't get in touch with your opponents. We have a series coming up we could play :D

Seriously though, if most of the people here think the league is dead/dying I don't need to put the work in to make sure everyone's schedule is good. If that's the case we should consider starting another league with less people.

Personally I don't think the league's dead. I'm just checking her pulse...

Matrix

:lol

I tried to play ahead 1 series and I never got a response from him.

The league isnt dead for everybody,it just seems a couple of us are stuck with a few who dont respond or havent played much which leaves some of us having only played a total of 6 games/no game since March 18th.

Honestly in every GA league I have played in I havent had to wait this long just to play my 7th game.

Zep

Banned
Matrix..if i get no response from karish tomarrow, cut time. I'll be finishing my games this weekend but if your IM'ing and they're not responding in this thread either, theres a problem.

Sanjuro also needs to step up, he has 3 gms under his belt but not checking in.

I have no problems with putting people on double duty with teams, if it needs to be taken there :-/

I'd be up for a new league [Not saying this cause I'm 0-4] but flakes typically happen mid-season, we've hardly even started and we have already found out who 1) Has no interest in competing here and 2) Doesn't respond to AIM/posts here...so unless we find replacements, it's going to be a big bitch to handle the rest of the way.

And sorry Ando, I am having a absolute hell week right now, but it'll all be over tomorrow..if you're around late tonight around 10-11 PM CT, I can play.

Matrix

Zep I havent been able to IM cause my shit doesnt work,but damn if I havent written like 4 /5 posts to him in this thread.Some are written before or after his and its like he has me on ignore and doesnt bother to respond to me.I didnt bother pming because in truth I was ticked off he wasnt responding to me in here.

He got to obsessed with playing his 1 game series with Sanjuro who never plays and then his game was switched to playing sefskillz and I have no idea if sefskillz has made contact with him.

All I know is that they havent completed the game and Karish himself hasnt played since March 21st.

It all boils down to way too many people in this league.

Andokuky said:
I'll take another team if needed.

How far ahead can we play now?

For the time being only play through week 4, because I have to finish everyone's schedule.

Also, I wouldn't be adverse to having another team, but I don't think that's possible in 2k leagues...

It seems like some people's schedules are FUBAR. Meaning they will have to play the same team twice. So far it's just Brewers/Giants and Cubs/White Sox that it won't let me change. For some reason it won't let me edit those games...

I should have the schedule finished by Friday.

Top Bottom