• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF MLB League Thread: The Curse of Bagwell..

KarishBHR said:
I have yet to play ChrisJames for the tigers

That's your own fault. I could've played just about any time over the past two days. I've talked to you via PM, but you still haven't given me any idea when you would be able to play. If you're this hard to play now, who knows what it will be like during the season...

I can play after my game with Konex (in about 45 mins.)...

edit: just got your PM saying you can play sunday night. That seems ridiculous to me. I'm not going to wait that long and hold up the league. You better choose another team...

BirdBomb

Banned
Im looking to deal off Adam Dunn(LF) and Eric Melton(SP) if anyone wants a power swinger, and good starter with a plethora of good pitches.

Zep

Banned
BB/CJames...I was talking with some people about trading and I dont want this to emulate a fantasy league. Rarely are there major trades before a season starts...When we get to the trading deadline, i'll be more forgiving.

It's tough because baseball trading is so much more different than basketball/football. I'd rather not see major players unloaded before we play one game. I'm up to discussing this because its very important, so let me know what you think.

Big Zep said:
BB/CJames...I was talking with some people about trading and I dont want this to emulate a fantasy league. Rarely are there major trades before a season starts...When we get to the trading deadline, i'll be more forgiving.

It's tough because baseball trading is so much more different than basketball/football. I'd rather not see major players unloaded before we play one game. I'm up to discussing this because its very important, so let me know what you think.

That's fine. I was just trying to make the most solid team I could. I haven't got much out of Monroe in my practice games thus far, so I thought I would unload him. I have no problem with waiting, it's probably a better idea anyway.

Zep

Banned
And about this Detroit thing...Even though CJ says he'll play you Kabrish, i'm not gonna go that route. Like I said before, I trust him more and its unfair how other "new" people didnt get a chance to challenge when they asked me.

Prove to us you can play a whole season with another team and w/o quitting(whether you can help it or not) and you get your crack for season 2. AIM me at Jackme007 if you got any questions.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What are the final slider settings?

And yes I agree that players who have been around to complete other leagues (Madden, NBA) and who have been around the respective sports topics on OT consistently rooting for one team or city should get the team they want. CJ was around for Madden and NBA leagues, but I didn't see him much in the baseball topix last year. Similar situation with me and DCX, since he's around more often than I am and has completed more leagues (Season 1 of NBA is the diff between us).

So we're waiting on the Cubs and the Mets to join...that will give us 19. Do we need a 20th person in order to start the season or can we just go with 19?

I don't know who the Cubs and the Mets are, but hurry up guys!

Zep

Banned
I contacted the last two. Far as the 20th person, I only had a choice between 18or20 and I didnt want to leave someone out. I'll have our 20th no later than tomarrow morning. I'm looking at you FMT!

Zep

Banned
When did he talk to you? He kept bs'ing me last weekend. If he really wants in, he has the final spot.

Cloudy

Banned
He told me on Monday. Thing is, he's gonna be outta town for 2 weeks in April. Since it's a flex sked, I told him it wouldn't be an issue...

Zep

Banned
ChrisJames said:
When's that, tonight?

I hope this gets going tonight, I'm really itching to play a season game.

Eh...dont expect that, lol. Even after everyone signs in I gotta edit the schedule to what we talked about before. I'll have it written out before hand so I can just input it. You never know though, could be late tonight.

Big Zep said:
Eh...dont expect that, lol. Even after everyone signs in I gotta edit the schedule to what we talked about before. I'll have it written out before hand so I can just input it. You never know though, could be late tonight.

Yeah, I know that's a stretch :lol

I've got a big project due Friday, so I was hoping I'd be able to get a game or two in tonight to give me a break from my work. Oh well, there's always more practice games I guess.

Zep

Banned
On another note, my 360 has the 3-red lights every first boot-up...then it plays the games fine. Im figuring its only a matter of time till it dies completely. Only been doing this since i've hooked it up to a power supply.(3 days ago)

:-/

MickeyPhree

Anybody having problems getting into the league section on the game? Everytime I try to access, it says loading your leagues and tournaments and just hangs....

sext0n said:
Anybody having problems getting into the league section on the game? Everytime I try to access, it says loading your leagues and tournaments and just hangs....

It should go past that screen if you keep waiting (could take a few mins.) or you could join on the website.

Zep

Banned
Wellington said:
What are the final slider settings?

Everything is default All-Star except Power Swing, Hitting Power and Pitch Speed. Hitting power is sitting at 25(previously 15) now because there were too many groundballs in my game vs. konex and Ando had some issues with lack of basehits in his game with Pheeniks. Power Swing is currently @ 5 and will stay there cause im trying to not have only HR's count for runs and force people to use contact swinging when they should be. It's pretty tough to judge Hitting Power because it effects both contact and power, something I dont understand 2k doing. There is no seperate slider for contact hits, just making contact on the ball, so dont let that slider confuse you.

Lastly, pitch speed. Due to kobex's excessive SO's I've decided to tune it down just a notch (from 70-65) and if it continues we'll lower from there. Any questions let me know.

KarishBHR

Im not going to bitch any more about the Tigers situation, but two questions:

Is the league full, if so that is bullshit since I showed very early interest in the league... and if the league is not full, what teams are available?

Yeah, I think there is at least one spot still open. FMT hasn't played MLB 2k7 yet, and I don't know if he plans on playing in our season (konex said he is).

edit: do we have a player for the Mets or no?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Can I get the Brewers, or am I too late?

edit: i signed up as the brewcrew, if i effed someone over priority wise, let me know and ill bail

Zep

Banned
Man, I go play some Turtles and I come back to a nice ass banner, people putting themselves in the league, talk of punching out lights...Everybody chill :lol We are waiting on Angelus...

I'll get back to you guys in a minute.

Zep

Banned
KarishBHR said:
Im not going to bitch any more about the Tigers situation, but two questions:

Is the league full, if so that is bullshit since I showed very early interest in the league... and if the league is not full, what teams are available?

No your not out...Go ahead and sign-in as a NL team( I prefer for schedule balance, thanks). Sefskills, sorry boss but we were already booked, so i gotta drop you.

Andokuky

Banned
Where the **** is Sammy Sosa? Cameron Loe is a starter for Texas I think but in AAA in the game. I guess there's no way for him to be moved to my roster? This rotation is going to get ROCKED :(

Ok, I don't mean to be a dick, but why the hell is it taking so long for our last two guys to join up. Yes, I'm being impatient, but it's really not that hard to join the league. You can just sign up on the website or the game if that's easier for you. Damn...

-Now I'm off to watch basketball all day :)

KarishBHR

No joke, I just cant figure out where to sign up... I went to the league page and I see no join button or anything... first time in 2k leagues

KarishBHR said:
No joke, I just cant figure out where to sign up... I went to the league page and I see no join button or anything... first time in 2k leagues

League Page: http://online.2ksports.com/league/index?p=360&l=98995

League: GAF League 1
Password: Bagwellrip

You're going to have to sign in on the site and then go to join league. Search for the league name (might have to filter the options (20 teams, 32 games, etc.)) and then type in the password once you find it.

Or you could fire up MLB 2k7 go to XBL and then Leagues, join league and search for our league using the league name.

Top Bottom