• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF MLB League Thread: The Curse of Bagwell..

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
pheeeenikkks, when can you play? saturday is crazy for me, but late tonight (friday) and sunday are open

DCX

DCX
Cloudy said:
The drive to the WS begins :D
Holy shit @ the performance by Siezmore! The man robbed like 4 homeruns! lol I can't believe Posada can hit inside pitched that are just about in the hands up the chest for homeruns...good lord, anything over the plate is hittable for the whole ****ing team. Konex should never lose a game.I love how Konex pitches legit until i have men on base, then the garbage comes out :p I had the whole pitching sequences down but i just didn't have enough power or skill on my team to make a difference. I had men on base, even bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth and i could push the runs across the plate. Oh well. After my 1-0 victory in our first game, konex has studying the game and has mastered it. I will beat him, if not not this series maybe the next.

DCX

AKA, I'll be able to play today at around 3 EST or else possibly late tonight or some other time this weekend. I'm not really sure what's going on because of St. Patrick's Day and a friends B-day.

Andokuky

Banned
God... Yankees should be banned :lol

Every starting player in the defensive lineup is rated an 82 or better, 3 starting pitchers rated 86 or better, and then of course a 97 rated closer. Must be nice :lol

AkaBalla

bluemax said:
Wait so just playing anyone in the league counts towards the standings? I just played a game against AKA even though he's AL and now I have a record of 0-1.

Also, I've gotten comfortable with swing stick offline and it even felt ok against Ando in a non league settings match last night but against AKA it felt laggy/unresponsive at times. Doesn't excuse my poor pitching though.

WTF it was a custom game..... I'll reset it if Zep didnt already

MickeyPhree

One quick question(I'm at work and can't go through the other thread)....are we forced to use the swing stick or classic, or is it up to each individual manager to decide what method they use?

sefskillz said:
pheeeenikkks, when can you play? saturday is crazy for me, but late tonight (friday) and sunday are open

I'll be around late tomorrow, and all of Sunday. Tonight will not work...my aim is 'the pheeniks'

We all need to work together to take down the evil Yankees.

Cloudy

Banned
Andokuky said:
God... Yankees should be banned :lol

Every starting player in the defensive lineup is rated an 82 or better, 3 starting pitchers rated 86 or better, and then of course a 97 rated closer. Must be nice :lol

07.jpg

Cloudy

Banned
konex has studying the game and has mastered it. I will beat him, if not not this series maybe the next.

I've been playing 2K baseball games every year since the first one with auto-fielding (and WSB before that). Don't feel bad losing to me. Plus I have a power team :lol

PS: The one thing I do think I've "mastered" is throwing DP pitches :D

Holy shit @ the performance by Siezmore! The man robbed like 4 homeruns!

Seriously....if you're playing the Indians, don't waste your time batting to deep center >_<

_Angelus_

Banned
Storybook77-let me know when you want to play today. I'd prefer to play the game sometime before evening rolls around,if thats ok with you.:)

Angelus said:
Storybook77-let me know when you want to play today. I'd prefer to play the game sometime before evening rolls around,if thats ok with you.:)

I'm at work and I won't get home till around 5:30 EST.

_Angelus_

Banned
storybook77 said:
I'm at work and I won't get home till around 5:30 EST.

Well if you do want to play I'll change my plans for this evening,its no big deal. I'm actually sorta excited about playing in this league anyways. If you want to play tonight then post a time that you'd like to play. Youre on the east coast,right?

Angelus said:
Well if you do want to play I'll change my plans for this evening,its no big deal. I'm actually sorta excited about playing in this league anyways. If you want to play tonight then post a time that you'd like to play. Youre on the east coast,right?

It'd be good for me anytime after 10 (after the wife and baby have gone to bed). I'll be available the rest of the weekend as well.

Yes, I'm on the east coast.

Cloudy

Banned
Umm, why does Schilling have 2 wins in 2 games?

edit: Looks like a stats glitch due to the first game that got cancelled. Also, the highest ERAs are the leaders :lol

AkaBalla

GAF Season 1 Divisions

GAF AL

GAF East

1. Red Sox
2. Yankees
3. Twins
4. Tigers
5. Indians
6. BlueJays

GAF West

1. Angels
2. Athletics
3. Mariners
4. Rangers
5. White Sox

GAF NL

GAF East

1. Phillies
2. Reds
3. Mets
4. Braves
5. Marlins
6. Cubs

GAF West

1. Padres
2. Giants
3. Astros
4. Brewers
5. Cardinals

Playoff Teams 8. A division winner will be crowned in each division followed by 4 wild card berths, (2 in each AL & NL)

TIEBREAKERS TO BE FOLLOWED AS REAL MLB TIEBREAKERS

Dont ask what the tiebreakers are, go buy the Major League Official Baseball Rules Book

AkaBalla

Cloudy said:
Umm, why does Schilling have 2 wins in 2 games?

edit: Looks like a stats glitch due to the first game that got cancelled. Also, the highest ERAs are the leaders :lol

Yea its a gltich the game got reset. I emailed support but they wont respond.. I'll have Zep edit the schedule so i face the Cards in the intraleague game. Then the stats will be back to normal.

This only happens when a game is completed with no disconnects or anything and then u reset the game. The stats save until you play that team again.

Cloudy

Banned
Why are my first 9 games on the road? Shouldn't these be split up a bit more unless I'm playing these division opponents at home later? WTF! :eek:

pollo

Banned
guys theres still room in our H2H yahoo fantasy baseball League! We need 4 more people! PM for info...so far its me, triumph, evil solrac and a few other gaffers that frequent the mlb thread on the OT. oh yea and theres some dude named THE FRANKMAN IS GAY on there :lol . So join up!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cloudy said:
Why are my first 9 games on the road? Shouldn't these be split up a bit more unless I'm playing these division opponents at home later? WTF! :eek:

:lol

Sounds like my NBA season where you gave me 7 straight road games.

AkaBalla

What does everyone feel about the 2 strike bunt attempt?

Personally i think it's way unrealistic even if u want to advance a runner. U need to be bunting on the 1st or 2nd pitch not the 3rd strike.

This was Konex's cheap tactic he used in a exhibition game vs me. God forbid he's a competitor, even during games that dont matter.

MickeyPhree

bluemax said:
Which one of you is the Cubbies and what's your GT/AIM. I'm bored and in need of a game.

<-------- My gf is using the box now and then we are gonna watcha movie. I'm free anytime after 10pm est.

Cloudy

Banned
AkaBalla said:
What does everyone feel about the 2 strike bunt attempt?

Personally i think it's way unrealistic even if u want to advance a runner. U need to be bunting on the 1st or 2nd pitch not the 3rd strike.

This was Konex's cheap tactic he used in a exhibition game vs me. God forbid he's a competitor, even during games that dont matter.

I'd rather attempt a bunt than swing at the garbage that's coming 90% of the time :lol And how is it cheap? It's not like it's NEVER done in real life...

AkaBalla

Cloudy said:
I'd rather attempt a bunt than swing at the garbage that's coming 90% of the time :lol And how is it cheap? It's not like it's NEVER done in real life...

Maybe once a month jackass and its the darn pitcher who's trying to bunt not Damon.. LMAO

:lol

Cloudy

Banned
Hey, you still haven't answered my question about the 9 away games to start the season! Y'all can't hold me down!

bluemax

Banned
I do feel it's kind of unrealistic and in real life it is generally considered giving away an out. I guess the trick with Konex is to just not give him anything he can bunt with 2 strikes. Free K.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dez,I'll be in the lobby at 10.

Matrix

yea thats fine.

Zep

Banned
Cloudy said:
Hey, you still haven't answered my question about the 9 away games to start the season! Y'all can't hold me down!

trust me....it was done on purpose, suck it up.

Yea, bunting on 2 strikes, very unrealistic in a sense but it does happen. I'll have an answer later tonight.

Matrix

Big Zep said:
Yea, bunting on 2 strikes, very unrealistic in a sense but it does happen. I'll have an answer later tonight.

I would think bunting with 2 strikes should only be allowed with players who actually could put a bunt down in that situation in real life.

Or if the player is trying to to squeeze a run home.

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
I would think bunting with 2 strikes should only be allowed with players who actually could put a bunt down in that situation in real life.

Or if the player is trying to to squeeze a run home.

I've seen konex try it with pitchers when we first played...that shit wont fly anymore. I wanna crack down on it completely because if I see it in-game(0-2 count) I'm throwing a pitch thats oh so garbage.

Matrix

Oh I know all about Konex's dirty ways :lol :p You dont have to throw a pitch out of the zone to get the out,certain off speed pitches and placement in the zone will get an easy pop out or a foul for the K.

But I do agree with you and the others complaining and dont want it in the league.

Konex you really need to sit down and watch a FULL game of baseball and watch how teams play the game.

Cloudy

Banned
I watch baseball :lol And I was only bunting a lot in random games for practice. In real games, I only attempt with 2 guys unless I'm trying to advance a runner...

Matrix

Konex,questions...

what do you consider a garbage pitch? You keep saying things like id rather bunt,id etc etc then face garbage pitching 90% of the time.

Whos throwing you garbage and where are these pitches around the strike zone and what are the counts?

You have been complaing about garbage pitching since day 1 and hell even the league pitch speed was slowed down for you :p

Cloudy

Banned
On an 0-2 count, if I have a man on, I'm gonna try to bunt and advance him if I think the pitcher is gonna throw some crap I'd just hack at :lol

AkaBalla

Cloudy said:
On an 0-2 count, if I have a man on, I'm gonna try to bunt and advance him if I think the pitcher is gonna throw some crap I'd just hack at :lol

Thats lame.... If u think its gonna be a crap pitch dont swing. Duh

Matrix

Again thats not answering my questions :lol

You keep side stepping them with the same vague answer.

Whos throwing you garbage? If you didnt attempt to bunt where would these pitches end up if you took the pitch?

Also you said ""if you think",who's to say someone is going to throw you crap on 0-2? Id like to think most people here are pitching the right way.

Also the pitch speed is lower for you,learn to take a pitch or two.

Top Bottom