• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF MLB League Thread: The Curse of Bagwell..

KarishBHR

Finally joined, I'm the mets (too big of a Tigers fan to be the White Sox :) )... I can play someone tonight if they want, probably in the 10pm est range

Zep

Banned
I emailed angelus(which he claims to check a lot) and I've gotten no response. Kabrish, you can hold the mets for now but IF he shows up today Angelus gets his team back.

Zep

Banned
ChrisJames said:
What are we going to do if Angelus doesn't join? We would need another person in order to have 20 teams...

With Jobber's 360 ****ing up, it threw everything in a limbo...Figuring Angelus wouldve popped up sooner I went with 20 teams instead of 18(cant choose 19). I shot him a PM and hes been on GAF all-day so he'll see it

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
To my future opponent. Whenever we get this rolling, I can start playing Saturday. I'm taking my bro out today for his BDay and it's my mom's BDay tomorrow.

Big Zep said:
With Jobber's 360 ****ing up, it through everything into a limbo...Figuring Angelus wouldve popped up sooner I went with 20 teams instead of 18(cant choose 19). I shot him a PM and hes been on GAF all-day so he'll see it

We should just sign Jobber up :)

I'll be around later tonight if we get this thang going. You all better be rooting for Michigan State tonight, goddamit!

_Angelus_

Banned
I had no idea that when I joined the Gaf tourney last week that I was also joining a league. :/
Anyway,yeah I'm set to go. I went over to the 2K7 site and saw no league,all I've seen in the results of the tourney from last week.

Can someone give me a url?

Sorry about all of this,didn't mean to hold you guys up.

Zep

Banned
Angelus said:
I had no idea that when I joined the Gaf tourney last week that I was also joining a league. :/
Anyway,yeah I'm set to go. I went over to the 2K7 site and saw no league,all I've seen in the results of the tourney from last week.

Can someone give me a url?

Sorry about all of this,didn't mean to hold you guys up.

All Information in the 1st post. Go ahead and grab the Mets...Karish, please pick another squad (preferably an NL team thats good, Giants)

Zep

Banned
sefskillz said:
****, i really gotta check the online forum more often

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5715999&postcount=356

:(

Ya know what Sef, this was my fault man...I mistook you for Kingpen when trying to find a post of supposedly you saying "it would be hard to be in the league w/ wife & kids." I apologize man, though theres still nothing I can do as the league is full w/ Karish taking the final spot, he was there from the jump in my thread back in early february http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5502677&postcount=13

Zep

Banned
KarishBHR said:
****... apparently Im supposed to pick an AL team... sorry.

Should I switch?

No you dont.

And no you didnt put up with a lot. Everything I did was fair, Chris = Vet...Angelus(mets) had the Mets during the tournament, you showed up to late. Leave that all behind you.

Zep

Banned
League is full now...the schedule that you see now isnt yours, so dont play. When I'm done making it, i'll post again.

Zep

Banned
BirdBomb said:
Where is Ken Jesus Griffey Jr. on the banner? i demand he be put on it.

forgot to include him :(

NOTE: Nobody go play more than their first series...just because it's a flex schedule doesnt mean we can advance w/o notice.

bluemax

Banned
Wait so just playing anyone in the league counts towards the standings? I just played a game against AKA even though he's AL and now I have a record of 0-1.

Also, I've gotten comfortable with swing stick offline and it even felt ok against Ando in a non league settings match last night but against AKA it felt laggy/unresponsive at times. Doesn't excuse my poor pitching though.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Roy vs Roy game 1? Did you do that on purpose Zep? :lol

dezed13,when are you free to play? I'm free after 9 pm eastern time today,Saturday and Sunday.

Dez

Matrix said:
Roy vs Roy game 1? Did you do that on purpose Zep? :lol

dezed13,when are you free to play? I'm free after 9 pm eastern time today,Saturday and Sunday.

How about Friday (today) at 10 pm eastern.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thats cool with me.

Zep

Banned
bluemax said:
Wait so just playing anyone in the league counts towards the standings? I just played a game against AKA even though he's AL and now I have a record of 0-1.

Also, I've gotten comfortable with swing stick offline and it even felt ok against Ando in a non league settings match last night but against AKA it felt laggy/unresponsive at times. Doesn't excuse my poor pitching though.

Yea, thats a drawback to flex scheduling...you can't play someone on your schedule without it counting...so i'll go ahead and cancel out that game.

Play your opponents in week 1 No other games in the lobby.

bluemax

Banned
Big Zep said:
Yea, thats a drawback to flex scheduling...you can't play someone on your schedule without it counting...so i'll go ahead and cancel out that game.

Play your opponents in week 1 No other games in the lobby.

Ah ok, sorry about that. I'll use public lobbies or the tourney lobby to scrimmage from now on.

BirdBomb

Banned
bluemax said:
Ah ok, sorry about that. I'll use public lobbies or the tourney lobby to scrimmage from now on.

easiest way, in case you don't know, is to use the Custom Lobby, and set the league sliders...

Zep

Banned
Yea, there will be no more than 3gm's in a series...so just do a series at a time. Then when everyone is finished up, we move on to the next series.

More than likely its gonna be weeks 1-3, 4-6 7-9 and so on. Everyones schedule should be done tomarrow.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
The drive to the WS begins :D

th_YankeesSuck.gif

Top Bottom