• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Party: Come and watch as the lulz ensue... hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
New Update's below (August 15th):

- Party Details
- Party Streaming Information
- After Party Comment

coming soon: Best Gifs and archived stream links.

That's right, I'm hosting a kickass party for gaffers! Here is your personal invitation (sorry for low picture quality):

32b5f66f5cbf7a82e383a8f2da1a148c1edf4943_full.jpg

Date: August 14th, 2010

Start time: 9 PM

Location: Los Angeles, California - Next to City Walk (PM Skiesofwonder for more location details)

Details:

• Come to my place in the Hollywood Hills and have a night to remember with all your Neogaf buddies.
  • Walk the red carpet and get your picture taken in front of the media wall, instantly becoming a Neogaf celebrity!

b9BC7.jpg

• Play video games or mingle with your GAF buddies in the main area. You can even bring your hand-held systems and battle it out.

ommqG.jpg

• A Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii will be connected to the main TV. Gaffers can take turns playing the most popular multi-player games.

hSi6M.jpg

• Mods will be sitting in the "king" chair, this way they will get the respect they deserve and can help keep the party civil.

B1FRA.jpg

• The Kitchen will be loaded with free food and drinks. Lots of Cookies, Mountain Dew, Cheetos, etc.

pqDiL.jpg

• On the balcony is where the Off Topic peeps can hang. There you can have real life girl discussions and the like with your Gaffer buddies!

qc32N.jpg
  • Tired of playing in the virtual world? You can go downstairs and have an epic Table Tennis Match with fellow Gaffers!

Pj7Ok.jpg

• In my room, you can take control of a computer and view the Neogaf Archives. This way you can laugh your ass off in real life with fellow gaffers.

1PKSE.jpg

To reserve your spot at the party and to get your name on the list, please PM Skiesofwonder (me).

See you then!

Edit (11:32 AM PST August 10th):

THE PARTY IS ON!!!!!!!!!

Just sent out PMs, if you didn't receive one PLEASE let me know. We are looking at around 100 people (40 gaffers) at the party. Should be fun!!!!

Recap on details (updated 11:32 AM PST August 10th):

- You can bring guests, just let me know HOW MANY.

- You can bring items like video game systems, laptops, web cams, food, alcohol, etc. Just try and let me know if you will be bringing stuff.

- You can smoke outside or on the balcony (which is pretty big so), anywhere else I'm not really cool with.

- 420, alcohol, and cigs would be ok. Any other Illegal drug will get you thrown out. Two large badass guys will grab you by the arms and take you away. If you resist..... well, I strongly suggest you don't resist. I understand why you want it, but come on peeps... this is where I live.

- I plan on using wrist-bands for Gaffers, one color for gaming, one for Off-Topic (great suggestion). This could change though depending on feedback, I kinda like the laptop idea, and that would ensure the names on the name tag were in fact who they say they are.

- In case you don't know, Donkey Show has generously offered to stream the event to you Gaffers not attending the party, so awesome!!!!! Give this man a hand!! UPDATE: Like I said only the main room will be live-streamed so plenty of places to hang without being on camera. Don't want to be filmed? No worries. All rooms can be accessed without actually stepping into the main room, therefore you can go the whole party without being on the live-stream. And if you don't want pictures taken of you just let me know. While I can't stop other party-goers from taking pictures/videos of you, I will make sure you are not in any video or photos of mine that are uploaded to the web. :)

- Headsupsevenup just blew my mind. Now we will for sure have Rock Band 2, Green Day, and/or The Beatles (all Wii) hooked up to the main TV. And not only is he bringing the equipment and games, but also an extra Wii and 4 controllers. Awesomeness.

- I will have Street Fighter 4 set up on another TV either down stairs or in a separate room.

- I will also be doing interviews through-out the party and I will upload them to Youtube for you guys to see the next day. Not to mention.... pictures of gaffers in front of the media wall and mingling within the party (if you don't want to be interviewed or have pictures taken, just let me know)!

- I will be giving away three brand new (still in shrink-wrap) XBOX 360 video games for free at the party!

- If you have equipment and want to bring it, PLEASE PM ME.

- Lurkers: Hey, I was once a lurker (two years) so I know how that is. So if your a lurker reading this right now and wanting to come, IM me on AOL (skiesofwonder) or contact me through my facebook page (search for Colin Grant Thompson).

You can still RSVP by the 13th!

PARTY STREAM!!!!!!

vKEMw.jpg

http://www.justin.tv/gafcast

ONLINE FORUM THREAD WITH ACCESS CODE IS HERE!

Party over :(

My feelings:

:D

I gotta say...... that was awesome!!! While not as many people showed up as I was hoping, I still had a blast partying with you gaffers! We played Rock Band/Beer Pong/Tat V.S. Capcom/Super Smash Bro. Brawl, danced with our awesome DJ Phinthisis, drank/ate like fucking gods, met some awesome people, and hopefully smashed this silly internet/real-life protective barrier!

I just want to thank all the people who actually had the balls to come to the party, I know that was a giant leap to make. Also the overwhelming generosity displayed by you guys, from HeadsUpsevenup/DonkeyShow/Phintisis/gibration bringing and manning equipment to tons of gaffers bringing food and alcohol... was fucking amazing. Love you peeps!

And the after party wasssss fucking epic. Dining out with a bunch of gaffers at Kitchen 24 was surreal but fucking awesome, and riding in the Gaf Wagon with M Night, Donkey Show, Doitlive, Clydefrog, Kevin Gilbert and his girl was. BADASS. Gaf Wagon-crew for life! I also saw Feep display his amazing booty-pic grabbing skills in 24 kitchen which you guys sadly missed out on lol. By the way, I total kicked Salva's ass in Super Smash Bro Brawl! (you forgot to pick up your copy of BF:BC2 bro):p

As for regrets, I do have a few. I really feel bad for putting Phtinsis and his DJ equipment down-stairs, that was an unwise decision by me. Dude had some mad skills and I should of had it out on display in the main area. Would of made for a better party I think. Also we should of moved the streaming around the party move often and earlier, sorry for so much rock band room. Oh and so so sorry for personal bringing Destiny into the streaming arena (lmao), had no idea she would grow so attached to you guys.
Actually, I'm not sorry for that :p

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed the party and stream. Love you gaf, night!

Oh and...... look out for GAF PARTY: HALLOWEENNNNN EDITION :)

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Cyan said:
Everyone is going to get killed, aren't they.

I'll be coming LTTP just to giggle at all the dead GAFfers (and to steal OPs 360, Wii, TV and royal chair.. Maybe steal some snacks and booze too)

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
West Coast, eh?

...well good day to you, sir!

Feep

Banned
I'll RSVP Yes, but I reserve to change that to RSVP No if everyone just kind of laughs at this thread. :D

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
How would the OP even know if the person is a GAFfer?

Even if they say they are X user, they could just be lying. Really, some random lurker is gonna crash your party.

Basically bad idea.

gdt

You know, that's actually pretty cool. I'd at least think about going if I lived out there.

I didn't have a witty joke :(.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Harpuia said:
Why did I laugh at this so much. :lol

because you know its true! i also hear it's a scientology transition center before the killing.

Damn, I'll be half-way across the globe, lost in deep rural France.

I wish I could meet some Gaffers irl ! Have fun guys. I'll watch this from the distance. I want FACES on that celeb wall !

Great idea in theory but most people here don't live near you, also most people here don't want their skins to be turned into suits for you to wear.

Seriously though, maybe if I wasn't on the other side of the country.

EschatonDX said:
:lol why would you ever let gaffers into your home
Geez, it's not like all gaffers are fucking weirdos.

To be safe, just don't invite anyone from the gaming side or that gaffer that wants to fuck a dolphin.

Harpuia

Combichristoffersen said:
I'll be coming LTTP just to giggle at all the dead GAFfers (and to steal OPs 360, Wii, TV and royal chair.. Maybe steal some snacks and booze too)

Care to share some loot with a fellow GAFfer?

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Ignignort said:
August 14 - 10pm
1258_lonely_man_clipart.jpg
:lol :lol

OP, why hollywood hills tho?? Shits like a maze going up and down, but them spoiled jew dudes know how to toke it up there. May go if there's nothin on my calendar on that day.
Bring chicks. I'd hate to stand there with Anime-GAF talkin about tsunderes and shit.

That sounds awesome, it's odd that gaffers are not so enthusiastic about that. Unfortunatly, I'll be back in France by then. :/

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
LordPhoque said:
That sounds awesome, it's odd that gaffers are not so enthusiastic about that. Unfortunatly, I'll be back in France by then. :/
If I wasn't all the way across the country I'd probably think about going.

...but a part of me thinks I might get shivved or something. :lol

soyboy

RubxQub said:
If I wasn't all the way across the country I'd probably think about going.

...but a part of me think I might get shivved or something. :lol

Shivved, ha!

It's a WEST Coast GAF party worse that can happen is you wake up with a tootsie roll stuck up your ass.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I always thought gaf needs to have a convention type party. Gaf-Con lol. Rent some place in a large city, and throw a massive party.
It would end badly im sure, but would be amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom