• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

So I cleaned up a few last PM's I received.

Having said all that!

I still want to hear from you if there are issues. Please message me if there is unfinished business!

Thanks Nico for all the hard work and attention to make this happen. If this happens again this year, i'll be wanting to take part of it again. Thanks to all too for all the good spirits and sharing of presents. :D

Remk

I'm so happy it arrived, I hope everything in it arrived fine :)
I look forward to photos ;)

These past few days have been crazy for me but I finally managed to catch a break today so here are some pics finally:

The haul:
guuQpLs.jpg

A closer look at the card:
c2bGs1Y.jpg

A new Australian PS4 game collection has been born! This was a pleasant surprise since I was considering on buying the Vita version at release and now I can just play it in my couch while indulging on some tasty looking local candy.

Also that Gameboy card is so damn cute and the pic doesnt show it but it also opens to reveal its sender message.

Who even knew that Santa delivers gifts from down under? Thanks for the gift Worthintendo :)

These past few days have been crazy for me but I finally managed to catch a break today so here are some pics finally:

A new Australian PS4 game collection has been born! This was a pleasant surprise since I was considering on buying the Vita version at release and now I can just play it in my couch while indulging on some tasty looking local candy.

Also that Gameboy card is so damn cute and the pic doesnt show it but it also opens to reveal its sender message.

Who even knew that Santa delivers gifts from down under? Thanks for the gift Worthintendo :)
Soo happy you like it all :) I always get worried when making the Cards that I'll make it of a game or something someone doesn't like, really glad you liked it.

Also super keen to know what you impressions on Australian Candy is, even the Vegemite ;)

Also looks like my own gift has gone completely MIA, I've been checking my P.O. Box daily but nothing has shown up :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I am working on one last issue with someone. It seems like we should be good as the tracking info shows that the item IS still on it's way.

Anyone with any last issues should still message me. I am going to do all I can to prevent any problems with the wrapping up of 2016 Secret Santa!

Mieu

Soo happy you like it all :) I always get worried when making the Cards that I'll make it of a game or something someone doesn't like, really glad you liked it.

Also super keen to know what you impressions on Australian Candy is, even the Vegemite ;)

Also looks like my own gift has gone completely MIA, I've been checking my P.O. Box daily but nothing has shown up :(

If it doesnt show up within 60 days. Then it may be in the bureau of lost.

@nic the tracking for my TT's package says undelivered. I'm not sure if he is still on a holiday. Will PM

Jhoan

It looks like the zip code I was provided was incorrect since it didn't exist and redirected to another part of Florida. I've resent the package out with the correct zip code. ETA is February 1st.

Hjod

Banned
I recived my gift.

Sorry for the quality of the photos but I dropped a dumbell on my phone at the gym today.

The first thing that I saw was some dried mango and coconut strips, I love dried fruit and I will use it for my breakfast since I'm cutting weight, I already ate one bag of the dried mango, and they were so good, even the cat liked them.

h8di3n0.jpg

MSL7xLT.jpg

After that there were some books, one coffe table book.

Pzn2g4h.jpg

Two books written by José Rizal, a national hero to The Philippines (I had to wikipedia who it was) I'm really looking foward to reading the books, always nice to read something new.

And one book of folklore from The Philippines, and I love that stuff, beasties and such.

AjjVgfa.jpg

Thank you so much to my Secret Santa Mieu, I love the gifts!

Mieu

So I cleaned up a few last PM's I received.

Having said all that!

I still want to hear from you if there are issues. Please message me if there is unfinished business!

Hi St. Nic!

We're all set with my tiny tim!

Thanks a lot for your help this year! I wish you the best in everything and good karma!

TT really should have gotten theirs by now. I'm worried.

Edit: Omg, I think customs is holding it :'(
Call the post office and ask them what the hold up is. They're only supposed to hold it for 30 days. Usually one or two phone calls will magically make the package arrive at its destination.

Izuna

Banned
I feel awful

Customs in TT's country are taking the piss. I can't get any info. I think I should send another gift

;/ was supposed to be there by 19th latest

edit: local PO will investigate.

Izuna

Banned
Hey, should I post something else... I feel super bad. It seems TT's country held the item and won't talk to local PO in Japan...

Sora_N

I didn't want to post here but I had a crummy week and I may as well, this is one thing I thought about this week.

This year turned out not-so-good, I joined mainly so I can give a gift so whatever I receive doesn't matter that much.

I gave my TT a steam gift, but then I felt kind of bad so I also sent something in the mail along with a card. When I sent the steam gift, we talked a bit and he was happy about it. I sent him the other items in the mail, with tracking, and never got a response. I don't think he posted anything in this thread at all. I didn't bother messaging him to ask if he posted in the thread or if he got it, I shouldn't have to.

I also never received anything, and my SS PM'd me to say his wife sent the package to the wrong address and offered to send something else in early January. I said no it's ok, it's fine, but he said he wanted to send something still. It's been over a month, I didn't get anything yet, and I don't think I will.

I'm pretty disappointed, but not sure if it's just me having a bad week or what but this has been on my mind.

Sadly I think I won't be participating anymore in the future, this happened 2-3 years ago too when I didn't receive anything.

brau

I didn't want to post here but I had a crummy week and I may as well, this is one thing I thought about this week.

This year turned out not-so-good, I joined mainly so I can give a gift so whatever I receive doesn't matter that much.

I gave my TT a steam gift, but then I felt kind of bad so I also sent something in the mail along with a card. When I sent the steam gift, we talked a bit and he was happy about it. I sent him the other items in the mail, with tracking, and never got a response. I don't think he posted anything in this thread at all. I didn't bother messaging him to ask if he posted in the thread or if he got it, I shouldn't have to.

I also never received anything, and my SS PM'd me to say his wife sent the package to the wrong address and offered to send something else in early January. I said no it's ok, it's fine, but he said he wanted to send something still. It's been over a month, I didn't get anything yet, and I don't think I will.

I'm pretty disappointed, but not sure if it's just me having a bad week or what but this has been on my mind.

Sadly I think I won't be participating anymore in the future, this happened 2-3 years ago too when I didn't receive anything.

PM me your email.

That is crummy. It's a shame these things happen and it's especially frustrating to know that your SS, my TT, hasn't fulfilled his part. I reached out to you earlier because bPod never posted what I sent him and I had a feeling it was because he didn't send his TT anything. Now I don't know his side and probably never will but if I were you I would keep participating. I always go into this expecting not to receive anything and just focus on the giving. So far I have never been a non-receiver.

There should be a list though of people that did not send anything and they shouldn't be allowed to participate. But that's just me. Unless there is a way to track a shipment and extenuating circumstances prevent delivery.

Anyway, sorry you didn't receive a gift. This is the best thing GAF does and it's always a downer when people get shafted.

Sora_N

That is crummy. It's a shame these things happen and it's especially frustrating to know that your SS, my TT, hasn't fulfilled his part. I reached out to you earlier because bPod never posted what I sent him and I had a feeling it was because he didn't send his TT anything. Now I don't know his side and probably never will but if I were you I would keep participating. I always go into this expecting not to receive anything and just focus on the giving. So far I have never been a non-receiver.

There should be a list though of people that did not send anything and they shouldn't be allowed to participate. But that's just me. Unless there is a way to track a shipment and extenuating circumstances prevent delivery.

Anyway, sorry you didn't receive a gift. This is the best thing GAF does and it's always a downer when people get shafted.

I get how you feel too, but my TT sent someone a gift and they posted in this thread so at least my guy followed the rules on the gift at least.

After it happened the first time, I had some faith so when I participated last time (2015 I think) and everything went well so I also joined this year. It's really disheartening for me because I barely celebrate Christmas as it is.

PM me your email.

I PM'd you.

still nothing has shown up :(

I messaged Nic a few weeks back and he said he was looking into it but I'm guessing he's busy.

I feel kinda bad messaging my Secret Santa directly for some reason, but prob should check to see if they have any tracking details for it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So at this point, based off of my PM history, there are two people without a gift.

UnluckyKate and Worthintendo.

I have messages out to both Secret Santas.

Am I correct in this assessment?

E: Sora_N...Your story is a bummer. I don't seem to have much history in my inbox about it, though? Last PM from you is 12-21-16. I would have loved to try and help you out. I mean, yeah, I posted the list to remove myself from the equation to expedite the problem solving, but in some of these cases, maybe additional pings could help.

The shitty part about this is that there is ALWAYS someone who gets screwed. I try and try and try to prevent it, but it won't ever go away. I hate it, but it's the truth. I tried the Secret Santa fund one year, but nobody seemed to keen on it. And I mean, understandably so...Donating money to a possible cause IS a bit unnerving. I hope some closure comes to this stuff here. I think the part that sucks is that people can hide behind a computer screen and pretend that they're being a good person; if they're not, what can REALLY be done about it? :(

Sora_N

So at this point, based off of my PM history, there are two people without a gift.

E: Sora_N...Your story is a bummer. I don't seem to have much history in my inbox about it, though? Last PM from you is 12-21-16. I would have loved to try and help you out. I mean, yeah, I posted the list to remove myself from the equation to expedite the problem solving, but in some of these cases, maybe additional pings could help.

The shitty part about this is that there is ALWAYS someone who gets screwed. I try and try and try to prevent it, but it won't ever go away. I hate it, but it's the truth. I tried the Secret Santa fund one year, but nobody seemed to keen on it. And I mean, understandably so...Donating money to a possible cause IS a bit unnerving. I hope some closure comes to this stuff here. I think the part that sucks is that people can hide behind a computer screen and pretend that they're being a good person; if they're not, what can REALLY be done about it? :(

It's not your fault, I had a lot of things going on and I started a new job in December so I've been really busy. I just sort of patiently waited, I should have sent you a PM about it.

It's great that you organize this each year, definitely not your fault and everyone appreciates it.

John Blade

I guess, if people here want to, we can somehow set up a way to either send some soft of gift to the people who didn't got anything for Christmas like either digital or physical gift to them if they don't mind. I did help one from my SS who he didn't get one for half a year and send him a nice gift.

Edit: To Worthintendo

If your SS still didn't give you a gift for a while, PM me and I will see what I can do for you for what I can here.

Not your fault man. Either customs screw up or package was stolen... I will work with Izuna. Thanks for your and don't sweat it you did amazing

Izuna

Banned
When they wake up, I'll get my GF to call the Japanese post office. These things should be reimbursable and in which case I can likely send the same things out.

Because I can't speak French, I had no luck getting help calling the customs.

I can't even think of what I should have done instead in hindsight. I'm so sorry ;(

After being stuck in customs for about a month, Izuna lovely package from Japan finally made it through ! We though it was lost or stolen, we were confused and angry and sad but it made it !

5eqdEjt.png

with a lovely beautiful card :

ejXWOSs.png

In the package, some local sweets and treats ! And a very pretty and original bottle cover !

onCkkCO.png

Thank you Izuna and Erica, from the bottom of my heart, for this <3

Jhoan

After being stuck in customs for about a month, Izuna lovely package from Japan finally made it through ! We though it was lost or stolen, we were confused and angry and sad but it made it !

5eqdEjt.png

ejXWOSs.png

In the package, some local sweets and treats ! And a very pretty and original bottle cover !

onCkkCO.png

Awesome! I'm glad to see that another TT finally got their gift.

It's two months long overdue but I wanted to share the Christmas art card that I drew for PrimaNocta. I neglected to scan the back of the card but it has the GAF logo in Christmas colors and a wreath. Since Scarface and Brave Heart were his favorite films, I gave it a Christmas twist and kept it kid friendly so his daughters could enjoy it. This was to avoid the violent connotation that each character represents.

Izuna

Banned

5eqdEjt.png

ejXWOSs.png

onCkkCO.png

You're welcome! I'm glad it turned up.

Erika picked out the sweets she thought you'd like, that should at least be super hard to find in Asian stores in the west :)

Meri Kuri

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So at this point, Lord Snow is the only person who may or may not have sent a gift. I haven't heard back via PM. If anyone catches wind of anything, please pass the info along.

We need to make things right for Worthintendo.

E: And Sora_N. If anyone wants to chip in and help out...

So at this point, Lord Snow is the only person who may or may not have sent a gift. I haven't heard back via PM. If anyone catches wind of anything, please pass the info along.

We need to make things right for Worthintendo.

E: And Sora_N. If anyone wants to chip in and help out...
I'm all for pitching in. It seems like it turned out to be a great year.

Kinda annoyed as it looks like Lord Snow, my Secret Santa has done a runner :( hasn't been on Gaf for 2 months and 3 months on from Christmas still not received anything :(

I know its luck of the draw with these things sometimes and trying not to get worked up by it all, but just annoys the heck out of me.

That said, I get more enjoyment out of these things making the cards I make and seeing the person I sent my gift to enjoy it, can't wait till this years to do it all again on that side of things :)

Kinda annoyed as it looks like Lord Snow, my Secret Santa has done a runner :( hasn't been on Gaf for 2 months and 3 months on from Christmas still not received anything :(

I know its luck of the draw with these things sometimes and trying not to get worked up by it all, but just annoys the heck out of me.

That said, I get more enjoyment out of these things making the cards I make and seeing the person I sent my gift to enjoy it, can't wait till this years to do it all again on that side of things :)

Send me an address. I'll make your Christmas right. Got lots of cool stuff to send. Seriously, I don't mind at all.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

PM me to remind me that he is not welcome in GAF SS ever again. This infuriates me.

PM me to remind me that he is not welcome in GAF SS ever again. This infuriates me.
Like I don't want to sound like they didn't send anything, he may of. Just I know he's been messaged on it and he hasn't logged into Gaf at all :/ Something could have come up in life and all but it just seems not cool to totally abandon ship right after this.

Send me an address. I'll make your Christmas right. Got lots of cool stuff to send. Seriously, I don't mind at all.
I dunno, I don't want to put anyone out, it's not your fault my Secret Santa did a runner and it doesn't feel right other people having to cover up for someone else's mistake >.<

Like I don't want to sound like they didn't send anything, he may of. Just I know he's been messaged on it and he hasn't logged into Gaf at all :/ Something could have come up in life and all but it just seems not cool to totally abandon ship right after this.

I dunno, I don't want to put anyone out, it's not your fault my Secret Santa did a runner and it doesn't feel right other people having to cover up for someone else's mistake >.<

It's no trouble. And it's not covering for them.

It's allowing those who can and want to do something the opportunity. Up to you though.

Izuna

Banned
I'll be in holiday over the Christmas period this time. Depending on availability, this could mean that I can receive non international gifts in America.

Is anyone planning to run this thing this year?

Would be good to get the staffing together sooner rather than later. I won't be able to help this year at all, but just wanted to see if anyone had considered it; I can't recall if nicoga planned to run it again.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is anyone planning to run this thing this year?

Would be good to get the staffing together sooner rather than later. I won't be able to help this year at all, but just wanted to see if anyone had considered it; I can't recall if nicoga planned to run it again.

I wasn't going to do 2016 but decided to do it. I intend to do what I have been lately and just running it but not participating.

I am going on vacation soon and will be back October 8th, so I will probably put something up the week following my return.

wiibomb

Ok, subbed to this thread because last year I missed the thread and forgot to check around.

I was worried no one did it last year, so nice to see it still around.

Even though I got fucked over and my Secret Santa didn't send me anything and did a runner I'm down for another year, love buying my gift and making up the cards :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Even though I got fucked over and my Secret Santa didn't send me anything and did a runner I'm down for another year, love buying my gift and making up the cards :)

When the new thread goes up, please try and remember to post who screwed you over.

In fact, if anyone knows of people who should NOT be allowed to participate, please let me know. I try to keep a running list, but things change. If there are individuals who have no business in engaging with GAF on that level, they won't be allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom