• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrsDvl

Yay, it's also my turn to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year!

nECJmfT.jpg

Presents just for me :)

First up, Lego Dimensions Midway Arcade and Portal 2 level packs
Yay, 2 sets that I didn't have, but still wanted! Can't wait to start on these on my next day off work!

Second, some new reading material Severed.
I've never heard of this before, but it sounds right up my alley, so good job! I'm taking it to work tonight, and hopefully I can sneak some reading time in.

And last but not least, the one thing I've wanted to try since Breaking Bad, and it's not meth.
Funyuns!!!! These will also be coming to work with me tonight. Hopefully they are as good as I'm making myself believe they are.

Thanks so much Secret Santa Velinos. I'm very happy with the gifts! Christmas may have been a few days late, but it was worth the wait :). Merry Christmas!

Velinos

Yay, it's also my turn to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year!

nECJmfT.jpg

Presents just for me :)

First up, Lego Dimensions Midway Arcade and Portal 2 level packs

Yay, 2 sets that I didn't have, but still wanted! Can't wait to start on these on my next day off work!

Second, some new reading material Severed.

I've never heard of this before, but it sounds right up my alley, so good job! I'm taking it to work tonight, and hopefully I can sneak some reading time in.

And last but not least, the one thing I've wanted to try since Breaking Bad, and it's not meth.

Funyuns!!!! These will also be coming to work with me tonight. Hopefully they are as good as I'm making myself believe they are.

Thanks so much Secret Santa Velinos. I'm very happy with the gifts! Christmas may have been a few days late, but it was worth the wait :). Merry Christmas!

You are very welcome. Glad to see that the gift made it to you safe and sound. Enjoy.

oatmeal

Banned
What's in the box?!

Alright...here's my experience...56K GET OUT.

Door knocks, it's FedEx. He's got a massive box with Brad Pitts face on it. Immediately I know it's GAF.

Excitedly I start the adventure...which, through complete luck, I went through in the right order.

I used my iPhone 5 at first to take photos but realized I had to switch to my broken 6 to capture it properly...
15741173_10154911179100353_8897496757138258337_n.jpg

Inside the box is not a severed head, but a buttload of wrapped gifts:

15781084_10154911183920353_6163611748830461789_n.jpg

and a letter:

15726946_10154911185640353_1229495046598242749_n.jpg

The Oats, a play on my nickname:

15672610_10154911186840353_7905273174314688698_n.jpg

15747806_10154911187575353_7214094983369753747_n.jpg

15780908_10154911188330353_1423251461229347756_n.jpg

15780638_10154911189665353_8891566739749611809_n.jpg

15726656_10154911191285353_3835452670130672614_n.jpg

Alright, time to open up the gifts...first off is the obvious Amiibo shaped boxes. With the Zelda theme, I think I can guess...

15697781_10154911193640353_577029305081083504_n.jpg

PERFECT! I had the 8-Bit and OoT Link already but haven't been able to find the Toon Link/Zelda pack yet. My wife tried to get it for me for Christmas but couldn't find it either. Awesome. And I do not have Kirby either! Sweet.

Next up...

15781414_10154911196160353_7103365445935418857_n.jpg

I've never heard of this, but I do have the Hyrule Historia (both versions) and love hardcover books like this. I opened it up and the quality inside looks amazing, a ton of cool stuff in there.

15781385_10154911199365353_1953410555354405589_n.jpg

This is a really cool passport-sized booklet that has all of the translations of the Japanese Zelda 1 if you ever want to play it. Really cool.

-

Now things start to take unexpected turns...

15781630_10154911200440353_6458545415462590168_n.jpg

Pizza Candy!
Already eaten, very good. We never get penny candies. This was the heart container noted gift.

-
"You slayed the King Dodongo? Take this"
15697221_10154911203305353_4804501616895253425_n.jpg

Dino Ooze with bones inside of it. We opened it immediately and my older son is deathly afraid of the sticky goo.

-
"Careful! Your biggest foe may be the smallest"
15741064_10154911205065353_7962471921496933099_n.jpg

Chicken Flingers...
-
"I bet you'd like more bombs"
15726482_10154911206520353_6493631019852027101_n.jpg

easily the largest box of Pop Rocks I've ever seen.

-

"Link! Rescue the Zora Princess..."
15697306_10154911202330353_4878398679229023510_n.jpg

What in the world? A Frozen themed...watch-shaped...lip balm? Never before did I know something like this existed...but here it is.

-

15781558_10154911207990353_915724295266960740_n.jpg

"Use this to attract fairies"
Face tattoos so I can be pretty like a Princess? lol - Alright then.

-

Lastly...
"You got a red Ruppee! That's worth 20 Ruppees"
15747771_10154911209325353_2896837488691057488_n.jpg

A FUCKING BEDAZZLER!!! AHHHHHHH lol
-

That was the order I opened them in and honestly, had I opened in any other order, it would have been a much different experience. I can't imagine I'll be bedazzling any time soon but it was an incredibly thoughtful presentation of gifts. Can't wait to check out that Zelda book, looks really cool.

Thanks Pbae!

Pbae

Woo oatmeal!!! I wanted you to open the book last since I thought it was the best present and have the others just kind of baffle you to see what's next. I hope you enjoyed your gifts and the experience I tried to make.

It was a pleasure being your Secret Santa. Excelsior!

Woo oatmeal!!! I wanted you to open the book last since I thought it was the best present and have the others just kind of baffle you to see what's next. I hope you enjoyed your gifts and the experience I tried to make.

It was a pleasure being your Secret Santa. Excelsior!
You did an awesome job. It was fun just reading it as he opened each gift.

John Blade

I dont know what to tell you man, sorry the gift hasnt reached you yet. It's been in your country since the 15th!

On the plus side, I just checked the tracking and there has been some movement today, so hopefully, it'll be arriving in the next couple days!

Well...it might be Custom which hold the item for a bit of time before release to send out to me. Not the end of the world but will need to talk to my Canada Post guy who deliver the stuff at my work. Hope he can get it for me sooner than later.

krae_man

it's the 28th, did santy forget me?

giphy.gif

*door bell*

giphy.gif

OH MY GOD, A PACKAGE FROM CANADA!

36939_cartoons-comics-christmas-santa-bubbles-powerpuff-girls.gif

So many gifts!

Oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness!

LrObnOH.gif

Thank you Canadian Santa!

792870d521eede1c86d06f4d4c23c7de.gif

----------------------

I can't wait to try the Maple Flavoured Butter Fudge and the Chocolates! They might last me only a night or two <3 ~~ It was super awesome that you got cat toys. Admittedly, I have always wanted to get a laser pointer, now Meow Meow and his brother can actually get tired without chasing people around the house.

I don't yet know how to change the time on the Nuka Cola watch, but it's super cool. New Vegas is one of my favourite games. Thank you so much! ~~ Merry Christmas!

Glad you like the cat stuff.

Figured it would work good because of this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1318996

Merry Christmas

_woLf

So the package that came today was my SS's gifts, and they're absolutely fantastic! Precious little Ganymede and the Reaper go so well together!!

I avoided the Master List until my present arrived, so thank you so much mysocksarepink! They're both going front and center on display and I'm keeping the Ganymede plushie's box because it looks so cool. :)

So the package that came today was my SS's gifts, and they're absolutely fantastic! Precious little Ganymede and the Reaper go so well together!!

I avoided the Master List until my present arrived, so thank you so much mysocksarepink! They're both going front and center on display and I'm keeping the Ganymede plushie's box because it looks so cool. :)

=D! yay. Glad you enjoy. of course you have to keep the bastion box, it's such a cute combo!

norm9

@pettersson - Glad you like the gifts TT. I hate the Yankees and was going to gift you a Brooklyn Dodgers jersey instead, but that would have been un-Santa-like. If you won on that scratcher, I get half yo. Thanks for making it so easy to find stuff for you. Merry Christmas-that-gets-celebrated-on-the-24th-to-you.

@Secret Santa, Huw Dawson- I didn't expect anything more after the great D&D starter set (i started watching roll20 tutorials and reading the rules manual, seems like cool stuff!), but I got a notice in the mail that said that there was something at the post office for me?! Had to do the song and dance at the post office about my username is just a username and that it's an internet thing and she nodded her head like she understood and at the end of the whole explanation said, "that's nice." Told her she should join neogaf before i left.

Anywho.... let's get to the unveiling-
And thanks to the second unnamed mod that has given me a reprieve from my banning. Much appreciated!

Very cool personalized card! The box was beat up so I absolutely had to open the box as soon as I got it. I only took out the card and it was great artwork! Gaf-face was awesome. Did not spoil anything else as I was on my way to work.
zYYWkVJ.jpg

Now I'm home and can concentrate on presents. Let's look at the actual box. A for Effort with the logo!
1p9I2jD.jpg

A hefty stocking (that's explained in the card) and a gift!
Dz2a17y.jpg

Boom! A lot of candy. A LOT OF CANDY! And a bottle opener, a cool mug, a choco santa, AND some POKEMON cards. And A LOT OF CANDY! I'm now drinking a beer and bit the head off of the choco santa. Thanks Secret Santa Huw Dawson!
oXZRq6i.jpg

I'd definitely do internaitional SS again. But the stress of no tracking on whatever tier mailing I used was nonsense, so you definitely have to be on the ball just in case. I "researched" int'l shipping times and that only added to the stress.

ETA- I don't know how to resize images so apologies in advance.

Based Secret Santa!! Got my gift, omg $40 in Steam credit? Dude you went above and beyond, that's the most generous anyone has been for SS to me! Thank you SO MUCH to my SS mf.luder!

StaSeb

Yes! Today my gift from the amazing Portland-resident brau arrived. I said to myself: "StaSeb, this is a great opportunity to practise discipline. Clean your flat and then reward yourself with opening the gifts!". And then I immediately opened the gifts, giddily giggling!

Here they are, for your viewing pleasure!

Tk1QUWk.jpg

Here we have some chocolate Cherries and an amazing beer. Beer! How did you know? I love my beers and I am excited to try this one on a cold winter evening.

iZEi7Yt.jpg

Úuuuh.... local Oregon jams and coffee! I am hyped for my next breakfast. Loved the card too and will only show its public side.

PgeQ3mC.jpg

And then there is this awesome T-Shirt. Yes, I could rotate the picture. But I choose not to. Oh boy, do you Americans have big M-sizes! ;-) But do not worry, a little loose is better than too tight and I am loving all the gifts! I wished for local, non-game-related stuff and became more than I could hope for. And I am delighted to get stuff from the magical place of Portland. And this only a few days after I pondered buying a used Subaru Legacy Outback. This is THE Portland car, right? Do I have my car tropes correct there?

Anyways - I am having a great day. Thanks for your gift, brau, I hope you also get some great stuff! Thanks for being part of this. You - and all the others, and Saint Nic of course - are the reason why I love GAF so much, even if I lurk most of the time.

Woo! I am glad you got the box in the end, Norm9. :)

The Pokemon cards were a guess - you mentioned the game on a few posts last month - but I backed it up with lots of candy and stocking stuff. :D

krpiper

My haul!

XeyQGWB.jpg

Thanks Santa!

I really love the gifts. I'd played Lover Letter before at GenCon but never bought one. The calendar is really nice. *murky4ife*

The Bengals throw is great! I have one from the 88-89 season (last Super Bowl appearance) that was the last present my Grandma bought me for my birthday before she died. So getting a new one is awesome!

Thanks again!

I missed your post! You are very welcome! I'm krpiper#1874 on the nexus so let's play sometime! Murgh blurg mmmurg

brau

Yes! Today my gift from the amazing Portland-resident brau arrived. I said to myself: "StaSeb, this is a great opportunity to practise discipline. Clean your flat and then reward yourself with opening the gifts!". And then I immediately opened the gifts, giddily giggling!

Here they are, for your viewing pleasure!

Here we have some chocolate Cherries and an amazing beer. Beer! How did you know? I love my beers and I am excited to try this one on a cold winter evening.

Úuuuh.... local Oregon jams and coffee! I am hyped for my next breakfast. Loved the card too and will only show its public side.

And then there is this awesome T-Shirt. Yes, I could rotate the picture. But I choose not to. Oh boy, do you Americans have big M-sizes! ;-) But do not worry, a little loose is better than too tight and I am loving all the gifts! I wished for local, non-game-related stuff and became more than I could hope for. And I am delighted to get stuff from the magical place of Portland. And this only a few days after I pondered buying a used Subaru Legacy Outback. This is THE Portland car, right? Do I have my car tropes correct there?

Anyways - I am having a great day. Thanks for your gift, brau, I hope you also get some great stuff! Thanks for being part of this. You - and all the others, and Saint Nic of course - are the reason why I love GAF so much, even if I lurk most of the time.

WOOOHOOOO!!! I am so glad that this finally got there :D

With some of the other posts saying that things get stuck in Customs for 30 days or so i was afraid this would go through that, and then the worry that i didn't pad that bottle of beer properly was a bit nerve wrecking hahaha.

I figured the shirt would be a medium and shrink a bit after its first wash like they usually do haha. I will have to get back to you on the subaru legacy outback reference. Since i have no idea if that is indeed the car here. haha

It was a pleasure being your SS and it was pretty rewarding reading your post. :) I know next year i will totally will want to be part of this again.

dreams

So I get home from running some errands and there is a box at my door. I opened it and there is an even fancier box inside!

I open that, and it's filled with amazingly delicious-looking treats!! It's the fanciest box I've ever seen, dude.

Thank you SO MUCH katsubento! I feel like you've gone way above and beyond! Mele Kalikimaka and Happy New Year!

So I get home from running some errands and there is a box at my door. I opened it and there is an even fancier box inside!

I open that, and it's filled with amazingly delicious-looking treats!! It's the fanciest box I've ever seen, dude.

Thank you SO MUCH katsubento! I feel like you've gone way above and beyond! Mele Kalikimaka and Happy New Year!

You are most welcome. I hope you like them. Should go good with your coffee/tea etc.

Dammit, I should have sent Kona Coffee now that I think of it!

Hjod

Banned
My gifts arrived yesterday:

e8FW4SD.jpg

8bOqkHT.jpg

r4zvwEa.jpg

Candy didn't make it home from work. My co-workers and I devoured it all:lol

Thanks Secret Santa!

I'm glad you liked it! Haha, I'm impressed that you and your co-workers managed to eat all that candy.

You're most welcome :).

My Secret Santa gift has arrived!
A new Nerf ZombieStrike Blaster, nerf darts, Peanut Brittle, Praline Pecans, a Shy Guy figurine, and 2 Nintendo mini blind box figures!

Opened up the 2 blind box figures and got 2 Goombas out of it, haha! Out of 10 characters, I have the most common enemy, quite fitting for my avatar!

I'm glad to spread the word of Nerf around! I play a game called Humans vs Zombies every year, which is basically a game of tag, but with nerf blasters. Insanely fun, and I will use the blaster for next year's game!

Thank you, Secret Santa!

Well I haven´t received mine yet :( should I start freaking out?

You're SS posted this just before Christmas, so keep an eye on the mail.
Here ya go
"Well I posted my stuff out last week and it seems its not going to arrive until after Christmas until after, I always feel super horrible when this happens :(
I really hope my Tiny Tim likes what I got them when it arrives."

I've been a little busy this holiday season and haven't been at my house in two weeks, but I have received my gift and will be opening it tomorrow when I finally get home!!!

My gift arrived one day before Christmas but I hadn't had time to post the pics I made ...
Sorry

It is amazing!!! Thank you my Secret Santa!

I did not expect to get so many awesome stuff!
But you failed just a little bit because I already have Hyrule Historia
only the Japanese edition and since a long time I want to have the german one so thank you!!!

You also got me a T-Shirt and stickers of my GOTY 2016!!
Thank you so much. First Secret Santa I participated and it was awesome.

I hope my TT will get his gifts soon because the tracking says it is still in delivery ...

And here are some pics

0260pgyq7.jpg

img_0261xtltb.jpg

img_0262xfyxj.jpg

img_0263v1ajr.jpg

Awesome! Thrilled you like it. I was afraid of getting you a duplicate, and given your location, figured a nice blanket of a favorite team of yours would be appreciated. :)

You mentioned Xenogears, so wanted to do something around that, so glad you enjoyed the christmas inspired drawing. :)

As for my SS, XxSlasherMcGirkxX - I have family coming into town for the new year and we're going to play the game!

I'm looking forward to it. Like I said, it's not something I would have normally played, but my sister and her fiance immediately knew of it and say it's awesome and it sort of reminds me of Nightmare! The Video Board game so I'm excited.

5WevTMh.jpg

I know this is a little late but I'm glad that your going to try it. It wasn't really my thing too before I tried.

Getting a bit anxious as my TT will soon be getting their present as they posted earlier in the thread that they'd be on vacation until after the holidays...

Excite!

TehOh

Just got home today from visiting my family, and there was a package from Austria waiting for me! Naturally, I couldn't wait to dig in.

In my original post, I talked about how much I love (a) graphic novels, and (b), gifts with some significance to the Santa gifting them. I absolutely won in both regards.

Nyrad, my Secret Santa, gave me a graphic novel called Today is the Last Day of the Rest of Your Life. It turns out that the graphic novel was written and drawn by his mother! It is apparently the most translated comic from German-speaking countries, and has won a ton of awards. It looks really, really interesting, and I can't wait to dive in.

Even cooler - this was his only English copy of the book, and was even signed by his mother!

The second gift was a seal from the Schonbrunn Palace. This is also really, really cool. I feel like signing some royal decrees now.

Finally, Nyrad also included some snacks. Mmm.. Looks tasty.

Thanks so much, Nyrad. These are incredibly thoughtful gifts, and I can't wait to spend some time with the book.

IMG_20170101_220139.jpg

Holy moly! There wss so much stuff here that I had trouble lining it all up for a picture! Thank you so much, The Cool One!

yea you didn't give any specifications so i hope everything is to your liking. check the pockets/sleeves, there should be some gift receipts and i know for sure your stuck with the star wars jammies. About the small sized joggers, i accidentally grabbed a small instead of a large >_>

funny thing about BLOPS 3, i bought it for myself sometime last year and i just never played it, and i was going to gift you Dishonored 2 but decided to keep it myself. umm if you don't have a ps4 then trade them for cash

Velinos

Got another gift from Vaco6121. I do enjoy cooking with beer and I could use some help with the hops I am growing, so both will come in handy. Thanks.

ia3fIlBl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom