• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing all these gifts makes me really excited.

I hope the package from my SS arrives in the next couple of days.

The wait is killing me. :p

dvdjamm

Thanks to my Secret Santa for the PS+ card :) I'm not a chocolates person, so I shared them with my neighbor's kids.
img_01561_31252026803_o.jpg

BTW, the person I was the SS for said that he received the package but I never knew if they liked it or not...I hope they did

yea you didn't give any specifications so i hope everything is to your liking. check the pockets/sleeves, there should be some gift receipts and i know for sure your stuck with the star wars jammies. About the small sized joggers, i accidentally grabbed a small instead of a large >_>

funny thing about BLOPS 3, i bought it for myself sometime last year and i just never played it, and i was going to gift you Dishonored 2 but decided to keep it myself. umm if you don't have a ps4 then trade them for cash
Thanks again. I'm actually an M, so everything fits (L a bit looser and S a bit tighter but all good). I love the jammies--I'm a big Star Wars fan, and it's also been really cold recently! I also do have a PS4, so no worries there, and I like having stuffed animals and/or game paraphernalia (where Charmander is both!) and toys, so I love everything. Thank you again so much!

Jhoan

bf5dc1c263.jpg

Thank you to my SS!
My pleasure! Sorry it was super last minute again! I meant to put a lot more stuff in but it was down to the wire. However I had a ton of fun designing the Christmas card. Hopefully you enjoyed the art! I kept it kid friendly/Christmas themed.

turtle553

Finally home after vacation and got to open my presents. Sorry for the delay.

I mentioned Jaws was one of my favorite movies and got this sweet shirt along with a collection of Coen Brother Blu-Rays. I love them and didn't own any of these. Thanks so much to my SS.

John Blade

A bit worry of where my SS gift will arrived and guess what show up at my location.
IMG_20170104_113133527_HDR1_zpswzawrbi7.jpg

My SS Gift.

I wonder what is inside this box.
IMG_20170104_1135338961_zps4dmdovvt.jpg

Oh snap, two of my favorite manga I like and some candy. Unfortunately, the chocolate coin didn't really survive too well the trip over here as they're few broken but can still eat. As for the manga, just minor dent on the ah my goddess manga but look okay.

IMG_20170104_1138200801_zps4p5v7der.jpg

Thank you Reanimatoin for the gift as it will be something I will go back and reread it when I have time this week. Also, will eat the candy soon.

UPDATE: I know the picture is in the wrong way but trying to get photobucket to put it right as of now.

Whoo! Santa delivered my (apparently first?!) package today! :D

Huge thanks Martin5000! Very cool set of everything imaginable :D Love stroopwafels too so that's perfect.

Will post photos when complete!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Got my gift!

lJ6pBIU.jpg

dAAqglJ.jpg

i64FEUd.jpg

0J9y0lE.jpg

These are great! I've never really had figured before so it's a pretty unique and cool thing to get. The Law figure in particular seems really well made. Thank you TheFlow!

Whoo! Santa delivered my (apparently first?!) package today! :D

Huge thanks Martin5000! Very cool set of everything imaginable :D Love stroopwafels too so that's perfect.

Will post photos when complete!

Omg finally! I was so afraid something happened with the gift!
Yes there is a second one coming!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've got a few PMs to clean up with regards to gift tracking. If you still are lacking a gift, PM me with the name of your SS and I'll do some research into my notes.

TheFlow

Banned
Got my gift!

lJ6pBIU.jpg

dAAqglJ.jpg

i64FEUd.jpg

0J9y0lE.jpg

These are great! I've never really had figured before so it's a pretty unique and cool thing to get. The Law figure in particular seems really well made. Thank you TheFlow!
Wooh! Noticed you in the toonami and one piece threads so I figured something anime will do.

gee, my gift from my secret santa was lost.. in another state! I live in NJ and it ended up in NYC.

We're attempting to verify the package location. / Lost package investigation

yikes :p

Unfortunately I had to go back to the capital because I'm back to work, but I believe my Secret Santa's gift has arrived - my parent gave me a call to say a package had arrived from where my SS is - thank you nny.

It'll mean I'll be bumping this thread in a month or two, when I go back home, unless it can magically get to me sooner (which is possible).

I finally got back to LA today and opened my package! Thank you so much, Auron_Kale, those presents were fantastic! Love the books and the Pusheen plush is adorable! Really excited to dig into both and make some delicious timey-wimey food!

(By the way, your message mentioned that something might have been delayed; did it arrive in time?)

2fX5QXt.jpg

KB2GPyY.jpg

I finally got back to LA today and opened my package! Thank you so much, Auron_Kale, those presents were fantastic! Love the books and the Pusheen plush is adorable! Really excited to dig into both and make some delicious timey-wimey food!

(By the way, your message mentioned that something might have been delayed; did it arrive in time?)

2fX5QXt.jpg

KB2GPyY.jpg

Glad you liked the presents and it was the Terry Pratchett book that I was originally scared that wouldn't arrive in time before I sent out your package.

I ended up ordering it after I saw your wish list and figured I could get it - just that it was coming from the UK and the estimated arrival was between December 12 through the 29th. Luckily it arrived I think on the 14th so I was able to ship all 3 items together. Otherwise, that book would've arrived later.

Hope you enjoy everything!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Tracking can be wonky. I know of a few folks who had tracking problems but gifts still arrived.

I'm sorting out the few stragglers still. It happens every year, but it is what it is. At least this year that hasn't been any people ignoring me. That was a bummer.

Shoot me a PM if you're still in limbo and need assistance!

nny

Unfortunately I had to go back to the capital because I'm back to work, but I believe my Secret Santa's gift has arrived - my parent gave me a call to say a package had arrived from where my SS is - thank you nny.

It'll mean I'll be bumping this thread in a month or two, when I go back home, unless it can magically get to me sooner (which is possible).

Great news! It certainly took its time, but reached its destination. I hope you like it, whenever you get a chance to open it!

Armadilo

Banned
Jesus thank you PrimaNocta, so damn nice!!! You went above and beyond, I was in a couple of threads about wanting to learn how to play a guitar and then this -

ihHlTbP.jpg

Thank you, nicest present anyone has ever gotten me, I never get anything.

I'm going to try and learn

TVac49d.jpg

Remk

You're SS posted this just before Christmas, so keep an eye on the mail.
Here ya go

Thanks for looking out!

I'm feeling super horrible that it hasn't shown up for you yet :( I'm checking the tracking for it several times a day and no change :( stupid sodding Australia Post shipping to Mexico :(

No worries man :) international post can be wonky as hell, for all we know it could be in a ship container across the Pacific or at a sorting facility in Canada or at customs clearance in Mexico city, or who knows where really!

One time I got my gift on January 17th and that was from the US so it can be delivered any day, I was just worried my SS chose to skip out on me or something :D

For now I'll just keep a very close watch on any postman I see :)

Jesus thank you PrimaNocta, so damn nice!!! You went above and beyond, I was in a couple of threads about wanting to learn how to play a guitar and then this -

Thank you, nicest present anyone has ever gotten me, I never get anything.

I'm going to try and learn

Your welcome bro. I'm glad you received it without any problems. Now get to practicing! lol

Miletius

I'm glad you liked it. I realized I didn't put my name after I taped the box. Oh well. Enjoy the fry sauce I hope you like it. Merry Christmas!

Hey Shabadoo69. Just an update -- we had a family get together and played Telestrations today. It was a huge hit! Everybody laughed, and we played 6 or so rounds before calling it a day.

Thanks again for the really thoughtful gift. It was a great way to pass an afternoon and I hope that other people will join us.

It took me a long time to post this, these gifts arrvied a few weeks ago. Thank you so much to my SS who still remains anonymous ^^ I had a really busy winter and I just got back from MAGfest. My request was a bit odd since I like to cosplay. So my SS sent me all the things I needed on my wishlist for a Revy costume! I was so excited I did a little test shoot in my apartment. I'll do a proper shoot when it warms up and I can buy myself her cutlasses.

I hope all the Black Lagoon fans out there like it. Thanks again for making me smile SS, whoever you are!

Jhoan

I was surprised to learn that my second package was returned to me because of an insufficient address issue. I think I forgot to include the apartment number in my haste. I'm going to edit it and resend it over the weekend.

Major apologies go out to my Secret Santa. I'm just now getting to post that I have received your awesome gifts!!! I had lost my blu rays of Hannibal last year when I moved back into boston, and was itching for another copy. Two very special kids in my life also love the mario and lego, I've been having a great time playing with them! :) I have pictures on my phone and will post them when I can.

But thank you again! You helped make this one of the best Christmases I've had in a long time.

My gift finally arrived!

I got some peppermint candy which has already been eaten by me and some friends and tons of Playstation related merchandise from the Playstation Experience 2016.

Besides these goodies there was a copy of Life is Strange included. That is so awesome! I did not own the game and I have wanted to play it for months now.

The best part by far was the drawing of the Doll from Bloodborne. You are a very talented artist! I absolutely love this picture and I will most definitely frame it.

The individual gifts were accompanied by some very sweet notes. All in all I'm just blown away.

Thank you soooo much thebaroness! I can tell that you put a lot of thought into this. I was very happy about everything and I'm glad that it arrived safely. Thank you so much!

- Anyway, Ghost In The Shell and Sunset Overdrive! MUCHOS GRACIAS!

You're welcome, my dude! Sorry it took so long to get to you! :D I have heard great things about Sunset Overdrive, be sure to let me know how you dig it!

My TT has yet to post, so all I can do is assume that it was well received (tracking confirms delivery).

Not the end of the world, but knowing the results adds some closure to the whole thing.

So I picked up my Secret Santa from the post office today and wow, Aiustus really made my day. I got the following, a box of Cincinnati's finest chips from Grippos, Asura's Wrath, the Last Dragon BLu Ray(one of my favorite movies which I only have on DVD) and They Live.

Posted all of them on my Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPVzBXlDzT3/

I'm really grateful for everything especially in light of how much it cost to ship to me. So thanks again

YAY Finally an update on the tracking for mine, saying they attempted delivery today ^_^ Hopefully Remk gets it very very soon :D

Now I should really start following up on whats happened to the gift sent to me cause thats not shown up yet :/

Remk

^^^^^^
Hey Worthintendo! I managed to rescue the package from the post office just a few minutes ago.

I'll open it later since am running late for work thanks to the not so pleasant customer service there.

But it's here!!! It crossed the Pacific safely :)

^^^^^^
Hey Worthintendo! I managed to rescue the package from the post office just a few minutes ago.

I'll open it later since am running late for work thanks to the not so pleasant customer service there.

But it's here!!! It crossed the Pacific safely :)
I'm so happy it arrived, I hope everything in it arrived fine :)
I look forward to photos ;)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I cleaned up a few last PM's I received.

Having said all that!

I still want to hear from you if there are issues. Please message me if there is unfinished business!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom