• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

raindoc

More to the point, if I'm cooler than you, doesn't that mean that you're hotter than me?

HMsBQ9v.jpg

Totalriot

Go away summer, I hate you. It's Autumn now, why are you still giving us 37 degree days?

37° sounds really hot! But I don't know, today and yesterday I had to wait 30 minutes at my train station at -10° because most of the trains where cancelled or came in late because of snow.

Spring would be nice. We have march already!

37° sounds really hot! But I don't know, today and yesterday I had to wait 30 minutes at my train station at -10° because most of the trains where cancelled or came in late because of snow.

Spring would be nice. We have march already!

It is really hot. Took less than 5 minutes walking through town before I started sweating. Walking into an air-conditioned building was heaven. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence and all that, but snow is a real novelty for me. Don't ever get a chance to try out badass winter clothes either.

Fritz

Paging fuenf: what kind of pull up bars and what kind of straps/rubber bands did you get for P90X and did you get them in Germany? What about the recommended stuff? Do I really need that mat for example? I mean I am wearing trainers.

Totalriot

Maybe if we transport your snow down to Australia your trains will run on time and our temperature will lower to something reasonable.

Sounds like a really good idea! There must be some technology for this...

On the other hand I am really glad our summers usually never go higher than 32° and even then it it too hot to think straight..

I need to become a millionaire so I can smash the iPad of each douchebag in my lecture who instead of listening or writing down notes plays stupid card games. I admit I am not a honor student but if I am not interested I rather stay at home - what is going on with all those people watching videos or playing games during a course? Y U NO stay at home?

fuenf

I need to become a millionaire so I can smash the iPad of each douchebag in my lecture who instead of listening or writing down notes plays stupid card games. I admit I am not a honor student but if I am not interested I rather stay at home - what is going on with all those people watching videos or playing games during a course? Y U NO stay at home?

Speaking of millionaires. I can't believe how easy the questions on "Who wants to be a millionaire?" were: http://www.spiegel.de/quiztool/quiztool-60752.html
No wonder that guy one it all.

Anyway, I'm was guilty of not attending / not listening to lectures too and next month I'll be giving my first lecture. Everybody is different, just let them be.

Speaking of millionaires. I can't believe how easy the questions on "Who wants to be a millionaire?" were: http://www.spiegel.de/quiztool/quiztool-60752.html
No wonder that guy one it all.

Anyway, I'm was guilty of not attending / not listening to lectures too and next month I'll be giving my first lecture. Everybody is different, just let them be.
Good luck - what is the subject?

I don't mind not listening but playing in front of others is rude and why not sit in the cafeteria and play games, watch movies - but also drink coffee, eat something, smoke, etc. and leave the people who are interested alone.

13 von 15 Fragen richtig - mit Joker hätte ich es ohne Druck, etc. wohl auch zur Million geschafft ;-)

fuenf

Good luck - what is the subject?

I don't mind not listening but playing in front of others is rude and why not sit in the cafeteria and play games, watch movies - but also drink coffee, eat something, smoke, etc. and leave the people who are interested alone.

13 von 15 Fragen richtig - mit Joker hätte ich es ohne Druck, etc. wohl auch zur Million geschafft ;-)

You are right about playing games, that's rude. I still remember people playing World of Warcraft during lectures, but that didn't bother me too much I just felt sad for them. But still, I'll always prefer students doing stuff on their notebooks to them talking with their neighbours.

Can't sleep, clowns will eat me it's too goddamn hot.

EDIT:

Does GermanBeardGAF exist?

I wish I could ship some of our snow to you, it's fucking cold here. :(

I only sport a beard whenever I'm too lazy to shave for a couple of days. I just can't grow a nice looking beard.

The subject is Unternehmensbewertung.

You are right about playing games, that's rude. I still remember people playing World of Warcraft during lectures, but that didn't bother me too much I just felt sad for them. But still, I'll always prefer students doing stuff on their notebooks to them talking with their neighbours.

Uh I am really bad with finance related stuff (the wish to be a millionaire would solve that problem hopefully). Although it sounds so easy finding a proper algorithm to predict the stock market exchange.

I say 25% out of the students in my lecture today could have easily stayed at home or get a coffee instead of sitting through 90 minutes of probability theory, algorithms, etc. - I wrote about 5 pages down including "I will certainly ask those questions at the exam" but I guess to some that information is worthless.

fuenf

Uh I am really bad with finance related stuff (the wish to be a millionaire would solve that problem hopefully). Although it sounds so easy finding a proper algorithm to predict the stock market exchange.

I say 25% out of the students in my lecture today could have easily stayed at home or get a coffee instead of sitting through 90 minutes of probability theory, algorithms, etc. - I wrote about 5 pages down including "I will certainly ask those questions at the exam" but I guess to some that information is worthless.

Well it's certainly not worthless, you just need a friend who wrote it all down. ;) Are you studying computer science? (or mathematics?)

Well it's certainly not worthless, you just need a friend who wrote it all down. ;) Are you studying computer science? (or mathematics?)

A mixture of both - information and communication technology ("Telematik" setzt sich aus Informatik, Elektrotechnik und Nachrichtentechnik zusammen).

raindoc

Beards have been banned in Germany, after the whole Hitler thing.

this almost made me shave my beard (partially) for a pic.
then i remembered (one of those rare instances) that i'm already 30.

also: i need an upgrade for my car. some heavy artillery. a thanix cannon, preferably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom