• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ist das Deutsches Schnee wirklich so viel?

On the news over here (in the US) I'm seeing reports of car pile-ups and such over there. From back when I lived there, the idea of Germans not being able to handle snow is unfathomable.

It isn't that much snow, it just took us by surprise, there were several days last week when the weather was quite nice.
But I think everyone can handle snow here :D

fuenf

Ist das Deutsches Schnee wirklich so viel?

On the news over here (in the US) I'm seeing reports of car pile-ups and such over there. From back when I lived there, the idea of Germans not being able to handle snow is unfathomable.

It's not like snowmageddon or something like that. Over the last few days there have been some massive snow storms over west Germany, but for the most part we handled it just fine. The massive pile up was on an Autobahn, involved lots of trucks and the drivers were most likely surprised by the lack of visibilty / icy roads.

Compared to the UK / U.S. snow and ice dont really impact our everyday life that much, most peole will still drive to work / go shopping and continue with their normal routine. It's logical that we are seeing more crashes in the winter, but it's nothing out of the ordinary.

fuenf

Don't complain that's fine, you two are just talkative. I was the other extreme, it took me 7-8years on GAF before I even crossed the 100posts mark, imo that's even worse!

Don't complain that's fine, you two are just talkative. I was the other extreme, it took me 7-8years on GAF before I even crossed the 100posts mark, imo that's even worse!

or maybe you just have people to talk to in real life. haha

I appreciate your attempt of making it look cool though :D

fuenf

or maybe you just have people to talk to in real life. haha

I wish ;) I was just shy and used NeoGAF primarily as a 'videogame newspaper.' Last year I noticed that my written English has become pretty rusty and as a countermeasure decided to become more active on message boards.

fuenf

awww yes you are! :D

Did you know that your picture turns up if you google image search "innocent little butterfly"? Just saying!

5mWMPa1.gif

IHaveIce

Banned
Just clicked the link for the search again, its the 3rd result now O_O

How does google know?!

It did because of his post. He wrote the words "innocent little butterfly" and put the picture in the post. Now that it was quoted and everything it goes up higher and also google looks if you are familiar with the site doesn't it?

Trab has just gone viral

Well you are not alone although it is morning here and I should soon leave for university. I just seriously considered chili con carne for breakfast but then decided against it because I couldn't imagine it would go well with my black coffee.

Milchjon

I think a few years ago I had a 0.06 posts per day ratio.
Then I discovered the NFL... :'(

CTLance

Yay, endlich wieder Wolken und Schnee und bedeckter Himmel und Kälte und mehr Wolken.

Nicht, dass wir am Ende noch Sonnenbrand kriegen. Das wär' ja entsetzlich!

Now sitting at home and re-watching Clear Skies since I nearly got my Retriever shot out from under my ass last night. Corpmate in his Hulk wasn't quite so lucky. Go me for being a low-value target! Story of my EVE life.

Also: thinking about getting a Stealthbomber and doing fun and cruel things to not-so-innocent bystanders.

raindoc

It's not like snowmageddon or something like that. Over the last few days there have been some massive snow storms over west Germany, but for the most part we handled it just fine. The massive pile up was on an Autobahn, involved lots of trucks and the drivers were most likely surprised by the lack of visibilty / icy roads.

Compared to the UK / U.S. snow and ice dont really impact our everyday life that much, most peole will still drive to work / go shopping and continue with their normal routine. It's logical that we are seeing more crashes in the winter, but it's nothing out of the ordinary.

every year around the same time in late october/early november i get the same headline from germany:
"Überraschender Wintereinbruch".
every year.

lpD0a8L.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom