• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
Wir sollten hier Angebote reinposten zu Spielen oder anderen Sachen. Wenn ihr mal was gutes findet.

Bei real gibt es Ben and Jerrys gerade zB für 5 euro (statt 5,80).

Fritz

Wir sollten hier Angebote reinposten zu Spielen oder anderen Sachen. Wenn ihr mal was gutes findet.

Bei real gibt es Ben and Jerrys gerade zB für 5 euro (statt 5,80).

Hat jemand mal was bei cede.de bestellt? Meine Box 30rock 6.Staffel UK ist seit etwa einer Woche als "versendet" markiert. und ich bin so Scheiße ungeduldig.

raindoc

That feeling when after hours of waiting your program finishes, only for you to notice that it ran out of memory early on and didn't bother to tell you.

i told you to use a laptop. result would've been the same, but you'd have a beer in your hand. on your balcony.

seriously, sorry dude. i know the feeling from my lab machines.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I don't know if this is the right place to post this...

How do I get better at understanding spoken sentences in German? I know that is a stupid question, but I took a class on the language about two years ago, and even though I had difficulty in general, I hated any and all of the speech assessments.

Any tips? :/

Milchjon

How do I get better at understanding spoken sentences in German? I know that is a stupid question, but I took a class on the language about two years ago, and even though I had difficulty in general, I hated any and all of the speech assessments.

Listen to lots of German stuff?
I guess reading along with a (simple?) audiobook might help.

Or if you want to go a more complicated route, try to figure out how different letters are pronounced. Like "I"->"ee", "A"->"ah" etc. If you got all those down, it shouldn't be too hard since unlike some other languages, German doesn't really "lose" phonemes when reading text out loud. Well, apart from some letters that serve as modifiers like a "H" after a vowel, which usually prolongs the letter before it.

But personally I'd try to just listen to German stuff. If it was any other language I'd try lyrics, but German music in general isn't worth it ;-)

Well it's not as if there's no alternative - I'm now running the program on a different machine where it definitely works - but it's kinda annoying that it's still not running properly where it's supposed to run.

It doesn't help that MATLAB's functions suck ass when it comes to memory management.

Experimentelle Ökonomik? Oder berechnest Du Pi auf die allerallerallerletzte Nachkommastelle?

Tash

Pimsleur audiobooks are really great :)

Experimentelle Ökonomik? Oder berechnest Du Pi auf die allerallerallerletzte Nachkommastelle?

Neural networks can take pretty long in Matlab depending on the algorithm and what you want to achieve. I mostly try (if the effort is worth it) to write a bit more and efficient code that can at least do some stuff on the GPU - even on a notebook that can help to speed up things a lot.

magiustra

Tomorrow I'll fly to Frankfurt for a three months job.

I never lived in Germany (I'm italian) and I never lived in a big city (I live in a small town)... and I'm a bit nervous :/

Hope that everything will be fine. Do you have any hint for me just to make my stay easier? :)

Milchjon

Tomorrow I'll fly to Frankfurt for a three months job.

I never lived in Germany (I'm italian) and I never lived in a big city (I live in a small town)... and I'm a bit nervous :/

Hope that everything will be fine. Do you have any hint for me just to make my stay easier? :)

Apart from your job there shouldn't be much to worry about. :)

Get familiar with the local public transit, that should make things easier. Get the local transit app, if there is one. Otherwise a Deutsche Bahn app will probably suffice.

Have fun in Germany!

magiustra

Apart from your job there shouldn't be much to worry about. :)

Get familiar with the local public transit, that should make things easier. Get the local transit app, if there is one. Otherwise a Deutsche Bahn app will probably suffice.

Have fun in Germany!

Thanks Milchjon.

For the first few weeks I guess that I'll walk a lot: the apartment where I'll stay is not so far away from my workplace (half an hour).

I guess that I will have to take care of an internet connection as soon as possible (to stay in touch with family, friends and GAF...). And I'll have to find a coin-operated laundry near home :)

I'm not so worried about my new job: it's similar to the one I had in Italy (texts checking and stuff).

"Öffi" is a great app for public transportation in Germany: buses, trains, trams, etc. Get it in the Play Store/itunes.

A internet contract for DSL/fiber won't work for 3 months only (afaik), but you can get a prepaid SIM card for your mobile and tether. Check some pages ago for more information (similar request).

Milchjon

Thanks Milchjon.

For the first few weeks I guess that I'll walk a lot: the apartment where I'll stay is not so far away from my workplace (half an hour).

I guess that I will have to take care of an internet connection as soon as possible (to stay in touch with family, friends and GAF...). And I'll have to find a coin-operated laundry near home :)

I'm not so worried about my new job: it's similar to the one I had in Italy (texts checking and stuff).

(Half an hour * 2) per day in the rain is gonna get old fast ;-)

NAME A CHARACTER// The name you choose will go to a precocious and handsome child actor character, so let’s keep it clean for the kids. I guarantee this character’s first name will be said, out loud, in the final cut. Since my international peeps can’t take the extra roles in the film, I would love to see this backer represent from across the sea. I’m looking at you Germany. I've imagined he's a Klaus.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1869987317/wish-i-was-here-1

Milchmann

Hat jemand mal was bei cede.de bestellt? Meine Box 30rock 6.Staffel UK ist seit etwa einer Woche als "versendet" markiert. und ich bin so Scheiße ungeduldig.

Meine letzte Bestellung hatte knapp 2 Wochen gedauert. Das hängt hauptsächlich vom Zoll ab, da aus der Schweiz versendet wird.

TCRS

Banned
EE prüfung vermasselt. 3, irgendwas hat der Prof gesagt. Fuck, ich war eigentlich recht gut vorbereitet, hatte aber teilweise blackouts (so dumme sachen die mir nach der prüfung sofort wieder eingefallen sind). Naja, hauptsache durch und nie wieder elektroscheiße.

Zur Beruhigung gucke ich mir jetzt ein paar Kickers folgen an.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnRNVuOzbws

Milchjon

Hoher Akademikerschnitt beim Deutsch-GAF, huh?

Naja, auf die Gefahr hin, dass ich die Sprachbegabung und Interessen des Durchschnittsdeutschen falsch einschätze, was für Menschen wird man wohl in einem (nicht mehr ganz so) obskuren englischsprachigen Spieleforum antreffen?

EE prüfung vermasselt. 3, irgendwas hat der Prof gesagt. Fuck, ich war eigentlich recht gut vorbereitet, hatte aber teilweise blackouts (so dumme sachen die mir nach der prüfung sofort wieder eingefallen sind). Naja, hauptsache durch und nie wieder elektroscheiße.

EE? Erneuerbare Energien?

Elektroscheiße hab ich noch ganz viel vor mir... :-(

raindoc

Wer war da nicht?

mein großonkel. der war bomberpilot.

Ernsthaft: der Artikel sagt es ja selbst: die genauen Umstände um seinen Eintritt sind nicht geklärt. Er war ein junger Bursche und ein kleines Rad am Wagen. Gut das es raus ist, aber daraus jetzt einen Skandal zu fabrizieren oder den toten Tappert zu demonisieren ginge zu weit.
In diesem Fall bin ich für "de mortuis nihil nisi bene".

Naja, auf die Gefahr hin, dass ich die Sprachbegabung und Interessen des Durchschnittsdeutschen falsch einschätze, was für Menschen wird man wohl in einem (nicht mehr ganz so) obskuren englischsprachigen Spieleforum antreffen?

Zukünftige Elite?
Aber hast schon recht, ist halt hier kein Gameone oder Maniac, wo der jugendliche, deutsche Fanboy mal vorbeischaut und seine Wut ablässt. ;)

TCRS

Banned
Zukünftige Elite?
Aber hast schon recht, ist halt hier kein Gameone oder Maniac, wo der jugendliche, deutsche Fanboy mal vorbeischaut und seine Wut ablässt. ;)

Vor allem haben die meisten keine geeignete Email Adressen um sich hier anzumelden. Das 4Players Forum war früher schlimm, weiß nicht wie es jetzt ist.

Milchjon

Vor allem haben die meisten keine geeignete Email Adressen um sich hier anzumelden. Das 4Players Forum war früher schlimm, weiß nicht wie es jetzt ist.

Ich bin so alt, ich hab mich damals noch mit ner T-Online-Adresse angemeldet. Ich glaub die hab ich seit 2006 nicht mehr gecheckt :-D
Damals wurde das wohl noch nicht so streng gehandlet.

TCRS

Banned
Ich bin so alt, ich hab mich damals noch mit ner T-Online-Adresse angemeldet. Ich glaub die hab ich seit 2006 nicht mehr gecheckt :-D
Damals wurde das wohl noch nicht so streng gehandlet.

T-Online geht angeblich nicht mehr. Ein Kollege hat es mal letztens versucht, hat nicht geklappt.

das erinnert mich daran, dass ich langsam mal meine GAF adresse ändern sollte. gmail ist hoffentlich kein problem, wenn man schon registriert ist?

Ich glaube, wenn man die Email ändert, muss man wieder warten, bis man freigeschaltet wird. Hab das irgendwo gelesen.

Rufus

Zukünftige Elite?
Oder Consolewars.

Bieten die meisten Provider nicht eigene Mailserver an? Oder ist das bei neueren Verträgen nicht mehr üblich?

das erinnert mich daran, dass ich langsam mal meine GAF adresse ändern sollte. gmail ist hoffentlich kein problem, wenn man schon registriert ist?

Wäre interessant zu wissen. Die einfache aber ~367€ teure Variante wäre einfach weiter zu inskribieren, Alumni Email kommt günstiger aber wird wohl bei euch auch ne Andere als vorher sein.

raindoc

Wäre interessant zu wissen. Die einfache aber ~367€ teure Variante wäre einfach weiter zu inskribieren, Alumni Email kommt günstiger aber wird wohl bei euch auch ne Andere als vorher sein.

was soll ich denn auf der meduni studieren, wenn ich mit humanmedizin fertig bin? pflegewissenschaften? pfffffffft. ^^

was soll ich denn auf der meduni studieren, wenn ich mit humanmedizin fertig bin? pflegewissenschaften? pfffffffft. ^^

Ich bin echt gespannt, ob ich die Zeit aufbringen könnte, um mich noch gleichzeitig z.B. in Geschichts- oder Politikvorlesungen zu setzen. So zur Förderung der Allgemeinbildung und Fachidioten-Prophylaxe. Das wäre toll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom