• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

raindoc

Hey German-GAF, so we have this little problem in my parking garage at my appartment in that some of the spots have been rented by a local hotel, but even though they have huge signs with the hotel logo, alot of the (mostly German) guests still park in the spots that have signs with exact license plates above them. So I want to put up a sign in proper grammar up, could one of you help me translate this?

"Dear Hotel Guests,
Kindly check if your car is parked in a spot assigned to Hotel Dux. All other spots belong to residents and are not free to park. Please only park in assigned hotel spots. Thank you."

Werte Hotelgäste,
Das Parken ist nur auf den dem Hotel Dux zugewiesenen und als solchen beschilderten Parkplätzen gestattet, sämtliche anderen Parkplätze befinden sich in Privatbesitz. Wir bitten um Ihr Verständniss.
Vielen Dank.

Though it's rather long and too polite
;)
, in germany such a sign usually reads like this:

PRIVATBESITZ
Parken für Gäste des Hotel Dux nur auf ausgewiesenen Hotelparkplätzen.
Bei Nichtbeachtung erfolgt eine Besitzstörungsklage.

(Private Property - Parking for guest of Hotel Dux only in assigned slots. We'll sue.)

"Dear Hotel Guests,
Kindly check if your car is parked in a spot assigned to Hotel Dux. All other spots belong to residents and are not free to park. Please only park in assigned hotel spots. Thank you."

"Sehr geehrte Hotelgäste,
bitte überprüfen Sie, ob ihr gewählter Parkplatz dem Hotel Dux zugewiesen ist. Die anderen Parkplätze sind Privatparkplätze der Anwohner und nicht zur freien Benutzung verfügbar. Bitte parken Sie in den zugewiesenen Hotelparkplätzen. Vielen Dank!"

If you ask me, that's too polite and long. Usually signs in Germany just state "Parken verboten!" oder "Privatparkplatz" in front of the parking space and people get that. Or you threat them with towing their car ("Zuwiderhandlung wird kostenpflichtig abgeschleppt!") and that's working like a charm. ;)

/edit
Haha, great!

TCRS

Banned
Werte Hotelgäste,
Das Parken ist nur auf den dem Hotel Dux zugewiesenen und als solchen beschilderten Parkplätzen gestattet, sämtliche anderen Parkplätze befinden sich in Privatbesitz. Wir bitten um Ihr Verständniss.
Vielen Dank.

Though it's rather long and too polite
;)
, in germany such a sign usually reads like this:

PRIVATBESITZ
Bei Nichtbeachtung erfolgt eine Besitzstörungsklage.

(Private Property - Parking for guest of Hotel Dux only in assigned slots. We'll sue.)

PRIVATBESITZ
Widerrechtlich abgestellte Fahrzeuge werden abgeschleppt!

that's how I would do it. the last sentence is de-austrified and reads: "illegaly parked cars will be towed away!"

snap0212

PRIVATBESITZ
Widerrechtlich abgestellte Fahrzeuge werden abgeschleppt!

that's how I would do it. the last sentence is de-austrified and reads: "illegaly parked cars will be towed away!"
Wouldn't Privatparkplatz be better in this case?

Milchjon

I keep getting ads for strellson. checked out the website, nice jackets and coats but fucking expensive.

Mobile ads are fucked for me, I'm getting the most random shit.

The one that's annoying is jockstraps. I seriously have no idea why they're showing this to me, is it because of the NFL thread?

The one that I keep accidentally clicking on is "Mobile Baustraßen". Why are they even advertising this to random users on a Gaming forum? They must be giddy that they keep getting tons of clicks from one dude in Hamburg. Maybe he'll rent a mobile Baustraße for his non-existant construction business once!

Edit:

&#8222;Xbox, Ansehen <Kanalname>&#8221;

Haha, okaaaaay

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Anybody know where to find cars? Bookoo is for people selling their old vacuum cleaners and Craigslist has yet to make it out here, apparently. Is there a Germany equivalent?

norinrad

Can any of the Germans on here help me with a survey? I'm doing a minor on Cross cultural business skills and i'm working on a project about business in Germany. The survey should only take less than 8 minutes of your time. Please let me know if you would like to help so i can PM you the link.

Thanks in advance for anyone who wants to help me out.

PS: You must be native living in or outside of Germany.

Can any of the Germans on here help me with a survey? I'm doing a minor on Cross cultural business skills and i'm working on a project about business in Germany. The survey should only take less than 8 minutes of your time. Please let me know if you would like to help so i can PM you the link.

sure no problem, just drop me a line.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member

pm'd you

WanderingWind

Oh, so the whole country is stick shift only. It's been 15 years since I drove standard. How you gonna eat McDonalds and drive at the same time?!?

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
War heute bei Aldi und bin das erste Mal in meinem Leben mit 'Spekulatius Creme' konfrontiert worden.
e86TLq6.jpg

Kennt das jemand von euch? Kann das schmecken?

Spekulatius finde ich normalerweise super, aber als Creme? Ich weiß ja nicht.

Heute mal den Selbstversuch gewagt. Kann nix, lasst es lieber im Regal stehen.

In the 'large' multiple choice section I was only able to select one answer over multiple rows.

sphinx

the piano man
morgen Leute,

hat jemand hier probiert, auf der Seite www.shop4de.com videospiele zu kaufen? es scheint eine deutsche variante der gunstigen "Cheap ass" online Seiten aus dem UK (shopto, Zavi, Hut und Ähnliches) zu sein.

ich habe ein Paar interessante Angebote gefunden und würde gerne kaufen aber die meisten Seiten aus England haben wegen Verspätungen und schlechtem Kundenservice einen super schlechten Ruf...

die scheint auch relativ neu zu sein...

WanderingWind

I do have a Mustang coming in. Still have to buy a car for the wife.

Question: is it true that all internet is capped at 100 gb per month here?

I do have a Mustang coming in. Still have to buy a car for the wife.

Question: is it true that all internet is capped at 100 gb per month here?

What year Mustang? I don't know about Germany, but when you transport American cars into the Netherlands you need to make some changes to it. Something with the rear fog light and/or the reverse light and some other small things. For instance you have the turn signal on the latest Mustang Mustang model where the lights move (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxSh1vH0WX8), that is not allowed over here so they have to turn it off and make it just one blinking light (NoFunAllowed.jpg), but again, I don't know how that works in Germany, but you can probably ask the company who's importing your car (Another thing my dad could have done for you, you could have made my family money, for shame).

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I have 100mbps with no cap. KabelBW and it's about 40€. You'll need a contract for internet services.

Also, contracts auto renew in Germany. So watch out.

WanderingWind

Yeah. TKS tried to fuck me. Went with T-Mobile. Cheaper, no cap. I was worried for a minute.

Also, Dutch, the situation with cars is a bit different for the military, but I'll look at that. They didn't say anything like that when I registered on base. But then again, they might have been stupid.

Also, Dutch, the situation with cars is a bit different for the military

Not if you want to drive the car on regular roads. Also you will need insurance ("KFZ-Haftpflicht"), otherwise driving's not allowed.

I think what Dutch Patriot said mostly also applies to Germany. Blinking lights, fog light, and you probably have to get a "Schadstoffplakete". It shows the severness of you car's emission (green/yellow/red) and is absolutely stupid, but necessary.

WanderingWind

Not if you want to drive the car on regular roads. Also you will need insurance ("KFZ-Haftpflicht"), otherwise driving's not allowed.

I think what Dutch Patriot said mostly also applies to Germany. Blinking lights, fog light, and you probably have to get a "Schadstoffplakete". It shows the severness of you car's emission (green/yellow/red) and is absolutely stupid, but necessary.

Yeah, insurance was necessary. We took the drivers course, got our licenses and registered the car. I don't know what else I'm supposed to do. We did everything everybody else does to drive off base. *shrug* Don't know.

Also, I'm having a hell of a time with this internet. T-Mobile offers the DSL 6000 here. I have no idea how fast that is, or if there is another company beside them and TKS. I'm still learning German and Google translate isn't helping me find this information.

Does anybody know what speed DSL 6000 refers to?

Yeah, insurance was necessary. We took the drivers course, got our licenses and registered the car. I don't know what else I'm supposed to do. We did everything everybody else does to drive off base. *shrug* Don't know.

Also, I'm having a hell of a time with this internet. T-Mobile offers the DSL 6000 here. I have no idea how fast that is, or if there is another company beside them and TKS. I'm still learning German and Google translate isn't helping me find this information.

Does anybody know what speed DSL 6000 refers to?

The number refers to the suposed(!) download speed. 6000 kbit/s. Now mind you the contracts always say 'up tp 6000' so don't be suprised if you only get 4000. ;)

There are many other companies that offer Internet, but as you have decided it makes no point to list them. ;)

WanderingWind

No, it's decent. You can also have speeds up to 75.000 but you pay a higher fee as well.

I guess I should call them back. Call me spoiled, but I was getting 15mb/s for 50 bucks. I don't mind paying more but Christ, you can't even game on that type of connection, can you?

I guess I should call them back. Call me spoiled, but I was getting 15mb/s for 50 bucks. I don't mind paying more but Christ, you can't even game on that type of connection, can you?

It's 6 mbit. It's not slow as shit, but nothing earth shattering either and definitely more than usable. The only thing that won't be possible is streaming movies in 1080p quality, but I don't think Germany is that far yet anyway. VoD services are still fighting a hard battle against your standard Blockbuster-like rental places. This country is completely backwards when it comes to digital distribution and services.

Irminsul

I'd never do that, seeing as I have 100 Mbps for ~30 € :p

But that's cable, not fibre, I don't know if that's available where you are.

WanderingWind

Well, this is officially the first thing that makes me miss 'Murica. The entire region here is locked to 6000mbs. And the internet people said that streaming is illegal here?

Brb, crying nerd tears.

Well, this is officially the first thing that makes me miss 'Murica. The entire region here is locked to 6000mbs. And the internet people said that streaming is illegal here?

Brb, crying nerd tears.

They are muppets and still stuck in the 2000s when there were no legal streaming services in germany.

WanderingWind

Yeah, it's whatever. So odd that we hear how much more awesome internet services are in the glorious EU than in the USA, but it turns out that at least here, it's comprable to only the most rural areas of the US.

Next thing you know, you will be telling me that healthcare isn't actually free here, either!!

They are muppets and still stuck in the 2000s when there were no legal streaming services in germany.

LOL! I'm going to start calling people muppets now....ahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom