• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

raindoc

Wahlweise

"Ösis..."
"Media-Markt-Käufer..."
"Sony-Fans..."

Tiroler.

7QT1F5i.jpg

endre

No one in Germany says Erdapfel.

I live in Austria. In Hoffer (or his sister's shop Aldi in some other countries), you can find both. I was just wondering what is the difference. If there is any.

On the 4th I arrive in Frankfurt, I intend to stay for 3 nights. Frighteningly close. I'm still unsure of my exact route through the continent though. Currently I'm thinking:

Frankfurt -> Cologne (maybe) -> Amsterdam -> Hamburg -> Berlin -> Frankfurt -> Home

I'm not 100% on Cologne though. I have to be back in Frankfurt to leave on the 27th. Currently I'm planning a 3 night stay in Frankfurt initially to get over jet-lag, orient myself and take a look around. How long would people recommend to see each location? There's time to do about 4-5 days in each not counting Frankfurt. Most likely going to book rail tomorrow, so I'll have to decide something by then.

On the 4th I arrive in Frankfurt, I intend to stay for 3 nights. Frighteningly close. I'm still unsure of my exact route through the continent though. Currently I'm thinking:

Frankfurt -> Cologne (maybe) -> Amsterdam -> Hamburg -> Berlin -> Frankfurt -> Home

I'm not 100% on Cologne though. I have to be back in Frankfurt to leave on the 27th. Currently I'm planning a 3 night stay in Frankfurt initially to get over jet-lag, orient myself and take a look around. How long would people recommend to see each location? There's time to do about 4-5 days in each not counting Frankfurt. Most likely going to book rail tomorrow, so I'll have to decide something by then.

Munich GAF am cry.

depending on what exactly you plan on doing booking rail in advance is no benefit, a few days before you won't get the real cheap deals anymore anyway. And it gives you the flexibility to decide on a whim.

Hackbert

oh Hamburg is reachable.. but given my job, i will not make it. Will there be any GermanGaf Meetings in the near future?
have fun traveling @ TDM

oh Hamburg is reachable.. but given my job, i will not make it. Will there be any GermanGaf Meetings in the near future?

I'm not sure if we've had any since this thread was created :S

I'm hoping for one in Berlin at minimum, possibly some others depending on where people live and what their schedules are like. Hooking up with Kabouter in Amsterdam.

Munich GAF am cry.

depending on what exactly you plan on doing booking rail in advance is no benefit, a few days before you won't get the real cheap deals anymore anyway. And it gives you the flexibility to decide on a whim.

Am I likely to save much/any money by getting one of those Eurail passes vs just booking each leg thing manually?

Milchjon

Depending on what day of the week you're in Hamburg (and on my university workload), I'm pretty sure I could find some time to maybe show you around a bit. Not that I'm the biggest expert when it comes to this city...

So if you're in the mood for that, just tell me then.

I'm not sure if we've had any since this thread was created :S

I'm hoping for one in Berlin at minimum, possibly some others depending on where people live and what their schedules are like. Hooking up with Kabouter in Amsterdam.

Am I likely to save much/any money by getting one of those Eurail passes vs just booking each leg thing manually?
I honestly don't know of the top of my head.
It probably greatly depends on How much you plan to travel from city to city, and what cities. within each city you will want to get a local 3 day pass or something similar in order to have full flexibility.

Wrayfield

Frankfurt-Cologne is 1 hour and a bit by train so you could even do a day trip. Frankfurt is nice and all, but relatively small so it might be worth to do a trip to Cologne. You definitely want to spend more time in Berlin, don't know enough about Hamburg to tell either way but looks like you're set. If you want to grab a beer in Frankfurt, let me know.

TCRS

Banned
Ein Spekulatius hat 7g Zucker o_O

Ich hab vier Stück gegessen, schon hab ich 28g Zucker intus. Bei einer low carb diät nicht optimal. Und ich hab mir auch noch eine ganze Packung gekauft loool.

TCRS

Banned
fuck it. es ist dezember, ich erkläre den ganzen monat für high carb monat. es gibt einfach zu viele leckereien. ich hab ja immerhin januar und februar um wieder fit zu werden.

fuck it. es ist dezember, ich erkläre den ganzen monat für high carb monat. es gibt einfach zu viele leckereien. ich hab ja immerhin januar und februar um wieder fit zu werden.

Kannst ja auch jede Woche 2 statt einen Refill Tag machen,so bin ich letzten Dezember auch ganz gut durchgekommen.
Mehr als 2 Monate low carb gehen mir meist aber auf n Keks.
Macht ihr es einfach zum Abnehmen oder aus Trainingsgruenden?

TCRS

Banned
Ich zum Abnehmen. Hab über die letzten zwei Jahre 30kg abgenommen. Jo-Jo Effekte gab es (speziell im Winter...), aber insgesamt hat es mit low carb ganz gut funktioniert. Muss noch ein paar Kilos verlieren, dann hab ich mein optimales Gewicht erreicht.

(ja, ich war sehr Übergewichtig, obese wie man im Englischen sagt).

Ich zum Abnehmen. Hab über die letzten zwei Jahre 30kg abgenommen. Jo-Jo Effekte gab es (speziell im Winter...), aber insgesamt hat es mit low carb ganz gut funktioniert. Muss noch ein paar Kilos verlieren, dann hab ich mein optimales Gewicht erreicht.

(ja, ich war sehr Übergewichtig, obese wie man im Englischen sagt).

Hatte gluecklicherweise nie Uebergewichtsprobleme, bin eher ein Hardgainer.
Finde die Low Carb Diaet aber perfekt zum Muskelaufbau mit gleichzeitigem Fettabbau, hab allerdings auch ordentlich Akne in diesen Phasen bekommen ( durch den hohen Fettanteil in der Diaet), wodurch ich dann meist nach zwei Monaten wieder aufgehoert habe.
Letzlich sollte man aber wenn man nahe seinem Wunschgewicht ist auf Diaeten verzichten und einfach Sport und Essen machen wie man Lust hat, einfach weniger stressig.

∇NKNOWN SHΔPE;92270503 said:
Letzlich sollte man aber wenn man nahe seinem Wunschgewicht ist auf Diaeten verzichten und einfach Sport und Essen machen wie man Lust hat, einfach weniger stressig.

Ganz genau.

Diäten allein zur Gewichtsreduktion wären mir auch zu anstrengend, da müsste mehrmals pro Woche Sport dazu - für die Laune und erhöhten Grundumsatz.

Wohnt hier eigentlich jemand in Trier?
Komme gebuertig aus Duesseldorf, aber zwecks Studium bin ich seit 2 Jahren hier.
Dachte mal ne Runde zocken, egal ob Magic, Pen and Paper oder Konsole.

The Hague is the best Dutch city bro

I ordered a package from Spain on Sunday.

It has been at "Charged Not Shipped" since yesterday evening!

Currently sitting in the recreation area of the Five Elements hostel in Frankfurt. Currently waiting for new roommates to wake up before I set up camp. Although it's technically 8.30am I don't think I've seen the sun yet.

Hasn't kicked in yet. I calculated that I was sleeping at around 6pm German time on the Singapore->Frankfurt flight. I should be able to push past that today comfortably, although I probably only got 4-5 hours of rest on that.

Currently sitting in the recreation area of the Five Elements hostel in Frankfurt. Currently waiting for new roommates to wake up before I set up camp. Although it's technically 8.30am I don't think I've seen the sun yet.

Make no mistake and don't let others fool you. You won't see the sun in Germany.

raindoc

Hasn't kicked in yet. I calculated that I was sleeping at around 6pm German time on the Singapore->Frankfurt flight. I should be able to push past that today comfortably, although I probably only got 4-5 hours of rest on that.

I think you will be allright, traveling west imho isn't half as bad as the return trip.
have a nice stay.

You can find snow at the top of Mount Wellington but the city gets snow like once every decade, usually for less than an hour.

I think you will be allright, traveling west imho isn't half as bad as the return trip.
have a nice stay.

You're lucky I'm not coming ostwards this time. But just you give it a few years.

Wrayfield

You can find snow at the top of Mount Wellington but the city gets snow like once every decade, usually for less than an hour.

You're lucky I'm not coming ostwards this time. But just you give it a few years.

I'm watching a footie match tonight with a couple of mates, wanna tag along?

TCRS

Banned
Whereabouts are you?

Not sure how much fun I would be since I'll probably fall asleep by 8pm, but I'd be ok to give it a shot. Keep in mind of course that I don't know my way around anywhere yet.

Go to the main train station. Follow the loud and drunk people. You'll find the stadium.

Five Elements is on Moselstraße? hahaha, watch out for the junkies at night. already checked out the brothels? lool.

Hammer24

Banned
There were loud drunk Russians on my flight and they led me to the baggage terminal. Seems like legit advice

Wasn´t this postulated by Douglas Adams as the Zen Method of Navigation? Just follow someone or something that seems to know where he/she/it is going. Sometimes you´ll get to where you wanted to go, always you´ll get to where you´re needed; and its worth it for the times when its both.

Wrayfield

Whereabouts are you?

Not sure how much fun I would be since I'll probably fall asleep by 8pm, but I'd be ok to give it a shot. Keep in mind of course that I don't know my way around anywhere yet.

Probably somewhere in Bornheim. Match starts at 8.30. If that's too late, I understand.

Sometimes it sucks to be a dirty foreign peasant without German citizenship.

I went to Saturn to get some PSN credit (Gran Turismo 6 is comin', yo!), but they didn't have €20 cards, so I went to sonyentertainmentnetwork.com (that was easy) to get some balance on my account. Thank god they let you do it with PayPal, because I don't have a credit card!

I selected PayPal, went to proceed, but then it greeted me with an ID check to verify my age. I can't use my Italian passport and don't want to put generated numbers in there either, because I fear for a ban of my account.

Ugh. Shit sucks.

I can't even buy the PSN credit on Amazon, because they don't send you codes, but the physical card. Shit suuuuucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom