• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As always, Hamburg proves to be superior.

Truly the Carribean of the future.

Porto Selvaggio in Puglia, baby.

OlRAvGT.jpg

CfHMmqa.jpg

1XQSeVE.jpg

nvUNuaO.png

Milchjon

I dislike hot weather.

I like three of the seasons. Summer is not one of them.

Although at least Hamburg has wind. Summers in Stuttgart were one of the reason why I still can't help myself shitting on that city on every occasion even a few years later.

I dislike hot weather.

I like three of the seasons. Summer is not one of them.

Although at least Hamburg has wind. Summers in Stuttgart were one of the reason why I still can't help myself shitting on that city on every occasion even a few years later.

27°C is not hot, it's warm at best. Especially at the coast. And it's beautiful.

Now I feel like going home again. It's been way too long.
If it wasn't for the rest of the family there…

maeh2k

It would be a Masters in Computer Science.

Also, my German is really really basic, would I be fine speaking English in these small cities? For some reason I think all Germans are pretty well educated and can speak at least 3 languages including English... but that's just my assumption.

Of course, I would be willing to learn as much German as possible...

TU München is great for a CS Master's degree. Especially for international students. The CS department is pretty big, so they offer a sizable selection of classes that cover a lot of areas of computer science. And lots of lectures are taught in English.

The general CS master's degree lets you choose classes pretty freely according to your interests. But TUM also offers a couple of specialized Master's degrees such as a robotics degree, where most classes are preselected.

bjaelke

As always, Hamburg proves to be superior.

Truly the Carribean of the future.

This pleases me. I have been offered a job there at Vattenfall and have never been there despite living just across the Danish border. Now I have 1 month to refresh my German skills by watching Lola Rennt and Napola on repeat.

fmcato

This pleases me. I have been offered a job there at Vattenfall and have never been there despite living just across the Danish border. Now I have 1 month to refresh my German skills by watching Lola Rennt and Napola on repeat.

Hamburg rules. It is a wonderful city with many things to do. Enjoy!

Milchjon

Hamburg sucks.

It's a city of almost 2 million people and I still have to order a football online.

Edit: Best place in Germany for beer though.

Irminsul

It's a city of almost 2 million people and I still have to order a football online.
I just had to pause for a moment to realise you meant a handegg, but even then I find that somewhat surprising. Don't you have Sportarena or something similar? I'm pretty sure mine has them.

daydream

Banned
liebe Freunde,

gebt mir bitte einen Link wo ich Bayonetta 2 First print edition vorbestellen kann.

Danke schöne, alles liebe, tschüss baba

Ich glaube das ist noch nicht zum Vorbestellen freigegeben. Kannst dich bei Amazon anmelden, sodass du eine Mail bekommst, sobald du vorbestellen kannst.

Doch, war schon verfügbar - und binnen weniger Stunden ausverkauft, versteht sich.

Ich war zufällig online und konnte vorbestellen. :p

Milchjon

I just had to pause for a moment to realise you meant a handegg, but even then I find that somewhat surprising. Don't you have Sportarena or something similar? I'm pretty sure mine has them.

I only checked 3 huge sports shops in the Fußgängerzone. Then I gave up cause I was a bit pissed :D

I always wonder what kind of insight you can draw from how huge running has become, compared to team sports. I choose to interpret it as the very fabric of society coming apart.

Also, fucking Funktionskleidung. Nothing reveals the German anywhere like Funktionskleidung.

/Jon's sport store ramblings

Pennywise

Gut, dass ich mein Studium beendet habe.

AkpmCMU.png

Ich musste jeden Tag über 2 Stunden im Zug sitzen damals.

Mir reichen schon die 15-25 Minuten, weil die Bahnen auch einfach so dermaßen überfüllt sind.
Um 14 Uhr ist noch ne Vorlesung, ich glaub die setz ich mal spontan aus
dPrJaGc.png

Watch "Werner Beinhart" instead. It greatly shows the local dialect of Northern Germany.

Fritz

So, it's settled then, TheFeedingHand goes to Saarbrücken! No, seriously, check out if the respective computer science departments offer courses in English, so that you won't have any hassle with the language at the university.

Saarbrücken is also kinda French so double win for FeedingHand!

sphinx

the piano man
Ich glaube das ist noch nicht zum Vorbestellen freigegeben. Kannst dich bei Amazon anmelden, sodass du eine Mail bekommst, sobald du vorbestellen kannst.

habe ich getan, aber ich befürchte die Vorbestellung war vor einigen Tagen bereits möglich, die ..10 oder 20 kopien waren alle weg in 10 Minuten und jetzt ist es dafür zu spät.

For your information, that's only used in Austria AFAIK.

haha, yeah I know, I lived in Austria 6 years ^_^ sorry, no austrian in this thread.

only the Austria with the Kangaroos that one's cool.

just make sure to not touch 'Sion Kölsch'. Maybe try some 'Mühlen Kölsch' it's a little 'beerier'...for koelsch at least

Well, Mühlenkölsch is rather 'malzig', but has distinguished and nice taste. Sion Kölsch is also my least favorite one. But if you want a more 'beerish' taste, you should try Gaffel Kölsch. Quite 'herb' for an 'obergäriges' beer. And then you have the golden standard, Reissdorf Kölsch - which recently got their price raised.

Oh, I see it coming, we all need a 'Kölsch-Verkostung'. So, next time you are in Cologne, just holler!

Fritz

Well, Mühlenkölsch is rather 'malzig', but has distinguished and nice taste. Sion Kölsch is also my least favorite one. But if you want a more 'beerish' taste, you should try Gaffel Kölsch. Quite 'herb' for an 'obergäriges' beer. And then you have the golden standard, Reissdorf Kölsch - which recently got their price raised.

Oh, I see it coming, we all need a 'Kölsch-Verkostung'. So, next time you are in Cologne, just holler!

Deutsch GAF Meet up?

61880-George-Michael-its-happening-i-dNrF.gif

habe ich getan, aber ich befürchte die Vorbestellung war vor einigen Tagen bereits möglich, die ..10 oder 20 kopien waren alle weg in 10 Minuten und jetzt ist es dafür zu spät.

haha, yeah I know, I lived in Austria 6 years ^_^ sorry, no austrian in this thread.

only the Austria with the Kangaroos that one's cool.

Baba und foi ned...

We all know the best German movie ever produced is Schtonk!

But the quotes are not as good and thanks to "Uwe" we also have Wilson-Gonzalez and Jimi-Blue. The Will Smith of Germany :)

Milchjon

As someone who has no connections to either Düsseldorf or Köln:

Alt>>>>>Kölsch

Maybe I just haven't had the right one.

BTW, top-fermenting styles can be quite bitter. Pretty sure the most bitter beers are all top-fermenting.

Yea I'd also be curious to know how you arrived at Bonn and Saarbrücken.
Not really the first Universities that come to mind when I think Computer Science.

kNI52ox.jpg

I studied in Paderborn.

Well, I'm only considering universities that offer programs in English (Bonn is one of them)

And from what I've read Saarbruecken is supposed to have a really good MSc. in CS program, and apparently some good research going on too.

Of course, I'd also like to apply to TU Munich, but it seems that admission is really competitive there, so I'd also like to have some other options :).

I still need to do more research about German universities though.

Also, one more question, since it seems that there are a bunch of people that studied CS in this thread, how's Germany for the software development job market right now?

Well, I'm only considering universities that offer programs in English (Bonn is one of them)

And from what I've read Saarbruecken is supposed to have a really good MSc. in CS program, and apparently some good research going on too.

Of course, I'd also like to apply to TU Munich, but it seems that admission is really competitive there, so I'd also like to have some other options :).

I still need to do more research about German universities though.

Also, one more question, since it seems that there are a bunch of people that studied CS in this thread, how's Germany for the software development job market right now?
IMHO, if you studied CS you should not end up just hacking away at code. Other countries are much cheaper for that. That being said there is a huge market for qualified CS grads and I'm sure many of them will do loads of programing in one form or another.
I'm an electronical engineer and I program something most days of the week.
Job market is good at the moment, in 3 years it will probably still be good.
Qualified people will always find work.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
IMHO, if you studied CS you should not end up just hacking away at code. Other countries are much cheaper for that. That being said there is a huge market for qualified CS grads and I'm sure many of them will do loads of programing in one form or another.
I'm an electronical engineer and I program something most days of the week.
Job market is good at the moment, in 3 years it will probably still be good.
Qualified people will always find work.

What on earth are you doing up so early?

Also, I did not know you coded. We have so much to talk aboot now, you an I. I too am coding in a field that is wholly unrelated.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Pls don't NSA us, bro.

Whatever are you talking about?

On an unrelated note, boy those German national radicals who were protesting in Munich last weekend...what a bunch of jokers! You guys know their names or anything? I'd love to send them a gift basket!

Whatever are you talking about?

On an unrelated note, boy those German national radicals who were protesting in Munich last weekend...what a bunch of jokers! You guys know their names or anything? I'd love to send them a gift basket!

Can you specify that in any way? There are so many different crackpot organisations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom