• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Guten rutsch Euch allen. Bleibe in Berlin und muss heute Nacht wieder durchs Kriegsgebiet nach Hause laufen.

Dir viel Spaß heute Abend, DeutschGAF!

dDdEScp.jpg

Ja - Brand hat nicht übergegriffen, aber das Nachbarhaus ist eine Ruine. Bewohner konnten flüchten, der Hund leider nicht. Irgendwie surreal wenn kurz nach 12 mitten im Feuerwerk plötzlich realisiert wird das es wirklich gegenüber brennt.

DoubleYou

Hallo GermanGAF! I just came back from my first visit to Berlin. I just wanted to stop by and say what an amazing city it is. So much history just out in the open. I've seen so much in three days but I know I've barely even scratched the surface.

What stuck with me most is the tour we did at a former secret Stasi prison in east berlin. I was surprised I didn't know about this at all before visiting. It was quite a depressing but very impacting tour and we had a very passionate guide.

We also did an "alternative tour" which was quite a pleasant surprise. It was a three hour walk through Berlin where the guide would teach us historic events by showing us street art and the message they portray. It was a great way to kind of taste a bit of the underground scenes in the city and how the imprisonment from the Berlin wall created a need to express oneself though these art forms.

Then at the end of our trip we celebrated "Silvester" at the Siegessäule and I have to say after experiencing the stories of struggle Berlin has been through for it's freedom it felt rather special to celebrate together with the germans at the Straße des 17. Juni. So thanks for the hospitality!

Hallo GermanGAF! I just came back from my first visit to Berlin. I just wanted to stop by and say what an amazing city it is. So much history just out in the open. I've seen so much in three days but I know I've barely even scratched the surface.

What stuck with me most is the tour we did at a former secret Stasi prison in east berlin. I was surprised I didn't know about this at all before visiting. It was quite a depressing but very impacting tour and we had a very passionate guide.

We also did an "alternative tour" which was quite a pleasant surprise. It was a three hour walk through Berlin where the guide would teach us historic events by showing us street art and the message they portray. It was a great way to kind of taste a bit of the underground scenes in the city and how the imprisonment from the Berlin wall created a need to express oneself though these art forms.

Then at the end of our trip we celebrated "Silvester" at the Siegessäule and I have to say after experiencing the stories of struggle Berlin has been through for it's freedom it felt rather special to celebrate together with the germans at the Straße des 17. Juni. So thanks for the hospitality!

Jeah Berlin is a great city. Glad you enjoyed it.
I'm not sure if I would want to live there. But visiting it as a tourist is great. I think Berlin is pretty unique. You get a very special vibe from it.
And it's history is pretty amazing. Especially since it's history is still pretty young and therefore it's different than other major cities that mostly have a rather ancient history behind it.
I hope I'll be able to visit Berlin again in the future.

phoenixyz

Was your guide also a former prisoner? Really powerful stuff. It's the thing I remember best from my school trip to Berlin quite some years ago.

Fritz

Great, now come back in summer!

grmlin

Glad you liked it here :)

I was born in the western part of Berlin and I can tell you, growing up in here was quite a ride ;)

From: waiting for hours in the car at the border when traveling to the rest of Germany with really frightening soldiers staring at you
To: crossing the border every day on my bike, passing hundreds of tourists at Checkpoint Charlie

I can't wait to walk around in Berlin with my Son when he is old enough, telling him what it was like to stand on a viewing platform as a kid, staring into the "east"...

Wann soll jetzt eigentlich nochmal der Twitch-Channel von den Rocket Beans Leuten anfangen?
Hab die letzte Folge Game ONE jetzt schon 3mal gesehen und werd am Ende immernoch sentimental ;_;

I love the feeling when you learn a German word ('bisherig') during your daily practice then you find it in a news article and you actually understand it. However, I hate it when you learn a word, find it in an article but by then you've forgotten what it meant.

So, fuck you, 'angeblich'.

And fuck German for pushing back verbs to the end of subordinate clauses. Don't make me wait 10 years to know what your talking about, goddammit

Irminsul

And fuck German for pushing back verbs to the end of subordinate clauses. Don't make me wait 10 years to know what your talking about, goddammit
There's a trend in the last few years of disregarding rules of when to put (parts of) verbs at the end of a sentence, both in spoken as well as written German. As a stupid example, "Sie hat ihn gefunden mithilfe eines ausgeklügelten Systems" ("She found him with a sophisticated system", and yes, "ausgeklügelt" is a great word) instead of "Sie hat ihn mithilfe eines ausgeklügelten Systems gefunden".

I really don't like this trend, by the way. The resulting senteces just sound wrong.

Meine Güte, die Kommentare zu den aktuellen Pegida-Artikeln sind ja haarsträubend...

/edit
@ ComputerMKII: sounds effective to me. Is it just words or whole sentences? The latter would be more effective as you automatically learn in which context and word order the vocabulary is used. I've tried Anki (for android) myself and there were such files (in Japanese at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom