• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point and click. It seems like those are the only PC games germans play.

Football manager is big in Germany from memory. I've also met quite a few Germans online who play the ultra-nerdy Grand Strategy Games like I do (EU3, Vicky 2, CK2, HoI3 etc). As far as I'm aware, the console market is decently healthy and the same sorts of games sell there as in most countries (shooters, annual sports titles, action/adventure games, RPGs).

Fritz

I wouldn't know. I AM an über casual player. I joint GAF just to look at and comment on famitsu scans. I stayed for the OT.

Football manager is big in Germany from memory. I've also met quite a few Germans online who play the ultra-nerdy Grand Strategy Games like I do (EU3, Vicky 2, CK2, HoI3 etc). As far as I'm aware, the console market is decently healthy and the same sorts of games sell there as in most countries (shooters, annual sports titles, action/adventure games, RPGs).

oh god the shame.
but seems about right

vitacola

Woah ...
Just started the second Layton game. It was a mistake to buy the German version. At least regarding the dub: Those voices are terrible, especially Luke's. Why did you dub it, NoE, why?

Ya, I was only talking about PC. That seems to be the only location that still buys/makes P&C games with any regularity. I was able to pick up a lot while I was there and they're pretty prominently displayed at the stores I went to. I didn't really notice any shelf space for strategies games like that, at least where I was.

And Football manager seems to be big in europe in general so it makes sense it's big there too. I still don't understand the interest in that game.

Fritz

Ya, I was only talking about PC. That seems to be the only location that still buys/makes P&C games with any regularity. I was able to pick up a lot while I was there and they're pretty prominently displayed at the stores I went to. I didn't really notice any shelf space for strategies games like that, at least where I was.

And Football manager seems to be big in europe in general so it makes sense it's big there too. I still don't understand the interest in that game.

I don't know why but I think Germans are super loyal fans. You're right, the p&c craze never really faded over here.

And I don't understand why American Carryingandthrowinganegg is called football and why they called the real thing "soccer". :p

No, I mean management games. I can see Fifa or something where you're playing the sports, those I enjoy but I can't for the life of me understand "games" where you're just the manager of the team. They tried that with NFL Head Coach in the US and it was a colossal failure. I mean I'm sure there are people that enjoy doing that but I'm just always surprised at the number of people who enjoy it.

About that, don't you have some girlfriends who'd be keen to join GAF?

Zaraki_Kenpachi likes this post

vitacola

No, I mean management games. I can see Fifa or something where you're playing the sports, those I enjoy but I can't for the life of me understand "games" where you're just the manager of the team. They tried that with NFL Head Coach in the US and it was a colossal failure. I mean I'm sure there are people that enjoy doing that but I'm just always surprised at the number of people who enjoy it.
Yeah, I understood what you meant. Just wanted to tease you a bit :(
Weesd was'ch meene, ge?

Yeah, I understood what you meant. Just wanted to tease you a bit :(
Weesd was'ch meene, ge?

319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

vitacola

Jupp, das ist eher für unseren österreichischen Mod gewesen ;) Du solltest das doch aber hinbekommen zu übersetzen, du hast immerhin in BaWü Deutsch gelernt. Da solltest du doch abgehärtet sein :D

Pennywise

It's quite common in Europe and in Germany that everyone tends to know everything better in football.
You can watch this phenomen in the OT football thread for example.
People think they know how to improve the actual team and strategy and so on.
The Football manager is the possibility to let this dream come true.

PC Games are still pretty big here.
The point and click adventures for example still had their market here, even though they were nearly dead everywhere else.

@Bratwurst discussion
Once the Summer arrives :>
1-61c6c564100fe0446dddcf2f7d29b3e4.jpg

You'll see plenty of these.

vitacola

I just need summer. Ichhaltsnichtmehraus! Scheiß Schnee überall.
Schlimmer sind die Kollegen, die ihre Viren auf Arbeit verteilen, weil sie nicht einfach in ihrem beschissenen Bett liegen bleiben können, wenn sie krank sind. So geil kann man doch gar nicht auf's Arbeiten sein.

People like me who are not willed to heat up the grill as long as it's snowing.
Just saying once the summer arrives it's part of the usual routine :>
It should be part of your usual routine all year long. But as long as you don't use those goddamn electronic grills I'm down with your lifestyle, you little Schönwetterbrater.

sphinx

the piano man
I just need summer. Ichhaltsnichtmehraus! Scheiß Schnee überall.

I am fleeing to Mexico, I can't take this winter anymore. How you germans go from october to april wearing jackets, fedoras, sweaters and gloves every single fucking day for months,...I don't know but damn, you have my respect. I can't, I am on my way to sunny mexico.

Pennywise

Schlimmer sind die Kollegen, die ihre Viren auf Arbeit verteilen, weil sie nicht einfach in ihrem beschissenen Bett liegen bleiben können, wenn sie krank sind. So geil kann man doch gar nicht auf's Arbeiten sein.

It should be part of your usual routine all year long. But as long as you don't use those goddamn electronic grills I'm down with your lifestyle, you little Schönwetterbrater.

Pff electronic grills are for the weak, who don't know how to user a proper one.

Und jetzt ab ins Körbchen, die morgige Konferenz will ich net allein sehen !

Krelian

Ey Junge, jetzt krieg dich mal wieder ein, sonst führ dich dir meinen neuesten Fausttanz vor. Wurscht brätste im Sommer, Junge.

Anyone else who remembers Sinnlos im Weltraum ? Probably the greatest German fan dub.
Gleich klatscht es. Aber keinen Beifall!

Yes :D

Fritz

Das LETZTE! Die wollen am liebsten noch nen Orden dafür. Und ich bin die ganze zeit am hände desinfizieren.

I am fleeing to Mexico, I can't take this winter anymore. How you germans go from october to april wearing jackets, fedoras, sweaters and gloves every single fucking day for months,...I don't know but damn, you have my respect. I can't, I am on my way to sunny mexico.

Dude, not cool.

sphinx

the piano man
Wann ist denn die Playsi Konferenz morgen ihr Turnbeutelvergesser

würde auch gerne wissen, ich muss noch ein Paar dinge erledigen bevor ich nach Mexiko fliege.

mann.. habe so einen hunger, ich werde mal frikadellen essen... viel besser als bratwurst.

EDIT: ^^^ Danke pennywise

Nibel

Kurz vor 12 beginnt die Parteeeeeeeeeeeey

Damn I miss the old Nickelodeon cartoons.

Rocko worships the Bratwurst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c_c9j3nfSY

würde auch gerne wissen, ich muss noch ein Paar dinge erledigen bevor ich nach Mexiko fliege.

mann.. habe so einen hunger, ich werde mal frikadellen essen... viel besser als bratwurst.

EDIT: ^^^ Danke pennywise

Oha, Mexiko, krasse Kiste! Einfach nur Urlaub und Abschalten oder bisschen mit den Druglords chillen und flexen?
Und yup, Frikadellen > Bratwurst #TeamFrikadelle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom